Which were your love interests?

ReverieCode

I'm putting this in ME3's subforum but it's meant to the trilogy as a whole. Which romantic partner have you chosen originally during the games?

My choices have been:

ME1 - Ashley Williams

ME2 & 3 - Tali'Zorah

I gave up on Ashley because of her lack of trust, and also I didn't like her "you haven't contacted in 2 years" in Horizon.

I was in a coma, for christ's sake!

I'll probably choose others when I do other playthroughs to get the platinum to see how it turns out, but those were the first ones. I also haven't finished ME3, but since I just got Paramour trophy I guess it's decided haha. :)

ME1 - Liara

ME2 - Garrus (personally didn't like any of the options and Liara was getting on my nerves)

ME3 -  Diana 

Im probably going to go with Jack or Ashley with the male play throughs.

Edited by DatLoli

Mine was

ME1 - Ash

ME2 - Miranda

ME3 - Ash (at least i plan to)

I agree with you though, Ash was damn whiny! I'm just not a fan of romancing alien races. Though I think Thane is one of the best characters (story wise) in ME

I'm just not a fan of romancing alien races. Though I think Thane is one of the best characters (story wise) in ME

You never tried? It's kinda funny, at least with Tali, she's so worried about getting infected if she drops her suit and mask - and after they share the moment, she becomes sick, but apparently it's worth it :P

And yes, Thane's side-story is great. I like his way as a drell of remembering moments so deeply.

I only played Mass Effect 2. I chose Miranda as male Shepard. Found it odd to use female Shepard in the game since I'm so used to seeing male Shepard in the covers.

That's true, I think the same... but I'm also curious to see how it's like, it's not available in many games. Plus, I'm a total paragon, it will be funny to be a female, and also renegade beating the hell out of everyone else.

By the way, you should definitely try the other ones if you liked ME2. The story linked between the three games is wonderful

For me

Playthrough 1                    Playthrough 2                  Playthrough 3                                            Playthrough 4

ME: Ashley                         ME: Kaiden                       ME: Liara                                                    ME: None

ME2: Miranda                    ME2: No one                     ME2: Liara( Shadow Broker DLC)              ME2: Miranda 

ME3:Ashley                        ME3: Kaiden                     ME3: Liara                                                  ME3: Miranda

Only romanced Miranda in my first playthrough because I thought Ash wanted nothing to do with me after Horizon.

Edited by Noire_Symphony

You never tried? It's kinda funny, at least with Tali, she's so worried about getting infected if she drops her suit and mask - and after they share the moment, she becomes sick, but apparently it's worth it :P

And yes, Thane's side-story is great. I like his way as a drell of remembering moments so deeply.

Haha, if I ever get around getting ME1 on ps3 (have it on PC), i'll certainly give it a go!

Shame, he too ill to help out in 3. That Javik guy looks just as cool but I don't wanna spend money on DLC haha

It's not possible in ME1, but it can be done in ME2 (with Tali). In ME3 it's only possible if you did it previously in 2, like other characters.

Sometimes I don't understand the reason why they didn't included more characters in your squad. Ok, some of them are too busy with the war and handling their own races, but it would be awesome to have people like Jack or Samara.

(I don't have Javik's DLC either, but some day I'll get it)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My own canon              Other playthroughs    

1                         2           3           4            5

ME1 Ashley                 Ashley  Liara    Kaiden   Kaiden

ME2 Miranda               Tali       Liara    Garrus   Thane

ME3 Miranda               Tali       Liara    Garrus   Thane (seems fitting to choose the synthesis ending when romancing Thane, especially after the Citadel dlc)

I hated the way Ashley & Kaiden react in ME2 and in ME3 they still don't trust Shepard entirely.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I seem to always play as the female Shep :wub:

To me the male Shepard doesn't have the personality. :unsure: unless its me being odd!!

So my latest play through I went with Kaiden, Thane, Kaiden!!

My next game I will stick to the male Shep I guess :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

ME 1 - Ashley

ME 2 - Tali

ME 3 - Ashley

Ashley made the most sense to me...I just didn't have the heart to break up with Tali so I never invited her up. I did bang Diana right before locking in Ash though :pimp: .

Too bad Kelly died in my ME 2 playthrough. Just curious tho...could I have had a 3 for 1 deal if she had survived?

• 4 weeks later...

Dat Asari in my first playthrough.

Second playthrough I wanted to romance someone else but I failed. Your options are kind of limited as a Male Shep using the default history. I shipped that uppity biotch Ashley over to Hacket so he could deal with her whining.  I failed to save Miranda. I wanted to romance Tali but didn't figure out how and then before the final battle I walked in on her and Garrus making out. Garrus you stone cold playa, you stole my girl! At least I got to bang Diana. Sadly it did nothing to knock that glazed look off her face.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I love Liara through and through! Never fell as much in love with a video game character close to life as her. Anyways, my route (male Shepard) for paramour:

ME1 - Liara

ME2 - Miranda (only did it for the stupid paramour trophy, else would have stuck to Liara)

ME2 - Liara (rekindled in the end via the Lair of the Shadow Broker)

ME3 - Liara

Embraced eternity!

Edited by SunnyKaushikDas
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Prior to ME1's release on PS3, I created 6 Sheps in ME2 (four female, two male) and romanced everyone imaginable. I was a trisexual whore. Men, women, aliens, I did it all. Only one (my female infiltrator) made it into ME3 where I "accidentally" romanced Traynor. I really should have imported the other characters to see how all those romances turned out, but I deleted them all to start fresh with ME1.