Shantae Half-Genie Hero gets a facelift! Ultimate Edition comes out May 8!

Time to start my Spyro Project, platinuming games with every letter of the name. For S, in May, Sl---

GODAMNIT!

*scratch that - S in May is Shantae!*

Anyone surprised at this?

As you can see in the video, WayForward is releasing a special edition of their famous Kickstarter title with the half-genie hero, Shantae! This edition, which comes out in stores around May 8(at least for GameStop) has the following:

• It will include ALL DLC campaigns, both Risky Boot's Quest and Friends to the End.
  • It will also have three costumes for Shantae. But these aren't just aesthetic! They are actual new game modes where Shantae uses the power of the costumes:
  1. A Ninja costume which lets her use ninjistu for movement and fighting purposes.
  2. A Beach outfit that lets her fire beach balls and gives her a bubble to float in.
  3. And an Officer outfit from another of WayForward's titles, Mighty Switch Force, which gives her the powers of a member of the Mighty Switch Force, like switching platforms in and out of the foreground.

Anyone who is interested can discuss it. From what I saw from the Gamestop online shop, it's the same price as the original game, $40. I like this deal and will definitely buy it as an excuse to finally get back into platinuming Half-Genie Hero.

Edited by CJ_Mystery
  • Like 1

That's a good deal. Only $10 more than the price of the game on release day.

The first two DLCs are great. I don't know what the third will be like, but they're adding ten more trophies. Be warned, though --  100%'ing this game is going to require a lot of playthroughs.

26 minutes ago, DarkHarmonixer said:

from what i read it is digital only in the US on PS4. guess i will import from the UK

I hope everything is on disc and not some codes, I don't want to create an UK account just for that Dlc. I guess I'm going to keep my regular edition package and sell the vanilla.

34 minutes ago, DarkHarmonixer said:

from what i read it is digital only in the US on PS4. guess i will import from the UK

If it's only a digital download, it won't bother me as much. I hope the trophy list isn't shared with the Vita version because I wanted to stack platinums. I really love this game. :D

26 minutes ago, Daft Gamer said:

This is nice and all but it was completely shitty of the devs to take down all the DLC for the Vita version when announcing this. I’m not buying the Ultimate version because of that.

I've just looked in the EU store and all the DLCs are still there for the Vita version of the game.

2 hours ago, Daft Gamer said:

NA store no longer has them. The only DLC available in the NA store is the story DLC. None of the others are there anymore.

I see 3 DLCs in the US store (the trophy DLCs) and 4 in the EU store (i.e 3 trophy DLCs and 1 without trophies), is the Tinkerbat DLC the one that's not in the US store?

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

I see 3 DLCs in the US store (the trophy DLCs) and 4 in the EU store (i.e 3 trophy DLCs and 1 without trophies), is the Tinkerbat DLC the one that's not in the US store?

None of the extra modes are available to purchase, not within the game nor when I go to the store outside of the game on my Vita. The option to play them is on the game’s menu but when I choose to purchase them I get a message saying it was delisted.

On 07/04/2018 at 10:48 PM, CJ_Mystery said:

If it's only a digital download, it won't bother me as much. I hope the trophy list isn't shared with the Vita version because I wanted to stack platinums. I really love this game. :D

Xbox has a new list for it. It has less achievements, but it mostly involves all the same stuff.

All win screens for Shantae mode, Risky, Friends to the End, and all three of the new Costumes.

New stuff includes beating hardcore mode which was part of the original Xbox list anyway, stuff for the DLC that was originally backer-exclusive, and beating Risky's mode without any upgrades.

I wouldn't be surprised if PS4 gets it too, since they've removed a lot of stuff to hit 46 achievements. There'd be no need to do that if it was just for Xbox, since there's no limit on the achievements you can have in a game.

• 3 years later...

I noticed that the Ultimate Edition is on sale at the PSN store for 50% off.

Does anybody know if this one of those ultimate/gold/goty digital bundles that unlock the DLC for free/purchase in the store or is it a stand-alone game?  If it's a stand-alone game does all of the progress on my vanilla save carry over?

In fact, do we even know which trophy list that this game is associated with?  I have the physical Ultimate Edition from the UK and I know there is a separate list for that.  I want to get the DLC for vanilla NA as cheap as possible, so should I get this version and possibly start from scratch or risk waiting for the individual DLCs to go on sale again?

2 hours ago, tenike1 said:

I noticed that the Ultimate Edition is on sale at the PSN store for 50% off.

Does anybody know if this one of those ultimate/gold/goty digital bundles that unlock the DLC for free/purchase in the store or is it a stand-alone game?  If it's a stand-alone game does all of the progress on my vanilla save carry over?

In fact, do we even know which trophy list that this game is associated with?  I have the physical Ultimate Edition from the UK and I know there is a separate list for that.  I want to get the DLC for vanilla NA as cheap as possible, so should I get this version and possibly start from scratch or risk waiting for the individual DLCs to go on sale again?

The UE has a separate and very different list to the other versions so don't buy it unless you're either keen on stacking it or don't already own one of the other releases. Also, there's no cross-save so you have to redo the game entirely from scratch.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

39 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The UE has a separate and very different list to the other versions so don't buy it unless you're either keen on stacking it or don't already own one of the other releases. Also, there's no cross-save so you have to redo the game entirely from scratch.

So this list:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7530-shantae-half-genie-hero-ultimate-edition

Is associated with this game?

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2053-CUSA11666_00-SHANTAEULTIMATE1

I would need to buy the individual DLCs to complete this list either way?

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5670-shantae-half-genie-hero

17 minutes ago, tenike1 said:

Yes to both questions.

• Like 1