How to get other region Vita games trophies WITHOUT CFW

temp-910724

i can confirm this works with PSTV, albeit with a slightly different process

to "disable wifi" you just go to settings –> network –>  internet connection settings –> (un)check "connect to the internet"

12 minutes ago, SniperEliteDido said:

anyone wanna help?

AND CAN SOMEBODY FUCKING MAKE A VIDEO ABOUT THIS METHOD xD 

i'm stuck at step #6 after putting the gameshared account in my URL. i don't understand what to do next.

It's really not that hard. What are you stuck on? xD

• Like 2

so after i go to my inbox and check the message and open up the link in the browser it says this:

"Do you want to try connecting to PlayStation(TM)Network again?

If you choose (No), account creation will be canceled" 

i keep choosing yes and it always gives me this same damn error which is:  NW-2304-9

help? :( 

9 hours ago, SniperEliteDido said:

so after i go to my inbox and check the message and open up the link in the browser it says this:

"Do you want to try connecting to PlayStation(TM)Network again?

If you choose (No), account creation will be canceled" 

i keep choosing yes and it always gives me this same damn error which is:  NW-2304-9

help? :( 

Open the email in the vita's email app and just tap the browser icon

If it's not that then I don't know, maybe send a pic or something?

On 06/05/2018 at 7:26 AM, Thropy_Hore said:

i can confirm this works with PSTV, albeit with a slightly different process

to "disable wifi" you just go to settings –> network –>  internet connection settings –> (un)check "connect to the internet"

@Thropy_Hore - What game did you try this on?

I’m not up for formatting my Vita, but I have a PSTV and spare memory card.

Cant seem to find a compatible list of games anywhere.

TIA

1 hour ago, Dino_Roar said:

@Thropy_Hore - What game did you try this on?

I’m not up for formatting my Vita, but I have a PSTV and spare memory card.

Cant seem to find a compatible list of games anywhere.

TIA

I can't seem to find an updated list either, but a good rule of thumb is any game works that doesn't force you to use the touchpad or camera (hence WipEout 2048 and UC Golden Abyss don't work)

I've used it with 36 fragments, midnight deluxe, energy cycle, & squareboy vs bullies. Pretty sure all of those simple easy plats will work fine

P.S.  the PSTV has 1GB internal storage, so you dont even need a 2nd memory card unless you intend to play larger games, like Dying Reborn which is 1.2GB.  Be aware that you seemingly need to reformat the system after every plat, so it's useless downloading multiple games at once

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@MychaelBDo you mind if I add the video to the OP? With credit of course

I also found you can download the game after doing the swap which makes it a lot more manageable to do games that don't allow trophies running in the background since you can open and close the game as much as you want.  

• Like 1

Of course not buddy, you're a life saver with bringing this stuff to everyone's attention as it is. I'm getting easy Sony Rewards points haha plus my Vita is being used a bit more now.

Wow really awesome man, thanks for the update with that. It would make it much more manageable since the force close otherwise would be a bit of a hindrance. 

Cheers mate :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MychaelB said:

Here you go mate, had made a video. Not the best quality but also have a list at the end that was sent to me by NiTRO--X_ using his method it helped me a lot. 

It is advised with games that can be run in the background to do it that method and sync after each trophy. Some games are too demanding and force close so certain games you have to use the method shown in the video. Just be wary of possible inaccurate time stamps. Hasn't happened to me but apparently it does happen.

dude you're the shit! :) 

thanks man! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just a headsup on this: I have done as the video has indicated and it works perfectly fine across multiple games. I did the JP version of Mr. Pumpkin's Adventure and have been playing Chaos Champuru and there was no extra setup required to do it across games. That said, I have found out that if the Vita is turned off for whatever reason (in my case, Chaos Champuru requires so much power that the charger can't restore power fast enough to keep up with it), the link will actually be broken, requiring it to be set up again.

EDIT: Just did it and now that I have had to reestablish the link, I cannot both have the link established and also play games from the other account, so beware that if you manage to get the link working while also being able to play the games, do not let the system turn off. This will force you to play the games through the other account and, if you were playing anything that established saves online, you will have to start over again as the save will be linked to your main instead of your other account that you got the game from.

EDIT2: False alarm on the previous edit. Turns out what you have to do to both establish the link and be able to play games from the other account is to download a game from the other account after establishing the link between your other account and your main. This will indirectly activate the other account to play games without fucking up the link and forcing you to do it all over again. This also makes it practical to do a sync after every trophy earned for those wanting to be cautious about it since you would do the sync just like you would for any game that you'd play on your main.

Edited by Walt the Dog

1 hour ago, Walt the Dog said:

Just a headsup on this: I have done as the video has indicated and it works perfectly fine across multiple games. I did the JP version of Mr. Pumpkin's Adventure and have been playing Chaos Champuru and there was no extra setup required to do it across games. That said, I have found out that if the Vita is turned off for whatever reason (in my case, Chaos Champuru requires so much power that the charger can't restore power fast enough to keep up with it), the link will actually be broken, requiring it to be set up again.

Will you be making a guide for Chaos Champuru? Would love to get that game done. By the way I found that micro transactions work whilst doing this too

The Vita running out of battery doesn't break the link, I have had my vita run out of battery on several occasions and it's been fine. It seems to be the link is broken after approximately 24 hours, maybe when you turned the Vita back on you had gone past this mark? 

On 06/06/2018 at 0:17 PM, SniperEliteDido said:

just gonna ask... can i download DLCs from another account with the method?

@midgetstrawdog @MychaelB ???

Do you mean download their DLC for a game that you own? I have not tested but I would assume it would work if physical, not if digital. If you download their game then that will work instead

• Like 1

1 minute ago, midgetstrawdog said:

Will you be making a guide for Chaos Champuru? Would love to get that game done. By the way I found that micro transactions work whilst doing this too

The Vita running out of battery doesn't break the link, I have had my vita run out of battery on several occasions and it's been fine. It seems to be the link is broken after approximately 24 hours, maybe when you turned the Vita back on you had gone past this mark? 

Do you mean download their DLC for a game that you own? I have not tested but I would assume it would work if physical, not if digital. If you download their game then that will work instead

I may make one if I can get it done in a reasonable timeframe. Times seem to be around 2 weeks to do it, so it may be possible, though if it's a month or more, I won't bother because no one will be getting it done in time by then since it shuts off on August 8th. :P

Nice to know that it wasn't the Vita running out of battery. At least I know how to do it properly now so I shouldn't have any issues when it breaks again. Looks like I'll have to redownload Mr. Pumpkin's Adventure quite a lot. :P

4 minutes ago, midgetstrawdog said:

can you try both? since there's an offer on a game with its DLCs and i might grab it if it works. 

4 minutes ago, Walt the Dog said:

I may make one if I can get it done in a reasonable timeframe. Times seem to be around 2 weeks to do it, so it may be possible, though if it's a month or more, I won't bother because no one will be getting it done in time by then since it shuts off on August 8th. :P

Did not know that, guess I'll start after Volume then. Thanks for the heads up

3 minutes ago, SniperEliteDido said:

can you try both? since there's an offer on a game with its DLCs and i might grab it if it works. 

If you are downloading both the game and it's DLC from the same account then it will work for 100%. I did NA Open Me as proof, the game doesn't even have a base game list :P 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, midgetstrawdog said:

Did not know that, guess I'll start after Volume then. Thanks for the heads up

If you are downloading both the game and it's DLC from the same account then it will work for 100%. I did NA Open Me as proof, the game doesn't even have a base game list :P 

so if i get Uncharted: Fight for Fortune complete edition (which has 2 extra DLC downloads), will they work? sorry for the extra reply im just confused and i wanna make sure :P 

9 hours ago, Overdeedge said:

Hey guys,

I was trying to set up my vita today but the webpage vitatricks appears with 404 Not found message, any idea why this can be?

Cheers

Probably the whole server infrastructure got killed for a while.

Since some other websites on the same provided were down as well.

10 hours ago, Overdeedge said:

Hey guys,

I was trying to set up my vita today but the webpage vitatricks appears with 404 Not found message, any idea why this can be?

Cheers

Seems they are using a new site, changed the OP with the new one

Thanks for pointing it out

• Like 1