Xannic

Platinum Unobtainable?

17 posts in this topic

Can anyone else corroborate?

 

Just got off a quick chat with UbiSupport asking whether Social Chests were still a thing, and the rep I spoke to said that all accounts pointed to all social activities being discontinued in the game.

 

Namely, that means the Social Chests, Royal Convoys, and White Whales, since they're all online collectibles.

 

However, in my venture to platinum this game on the PS3 this last week, I've found no shortage of whales and convoys, so was I mistaken in thinking that the chests were part of the same system?

 

All three of these occurrences, and only these three, are tied to a singular trophy, so I presume that if one of them was shut off, all of them would be shut off.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea I played this on PS3 like a week or so ago and I got the trophy tied to the social sharing thing. You can still get it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like Ubi Support doesn't know what they're talking about.... as usual.

 

When I played this on PS3 many years ago I found whales and convoys galore, but only 1 chest, and it was while I was sailing around doing lots of unnecessary clean-up (like grabbing all the animus fragments, not even trophy-related, lol).  So my guess is the chests on PS3 have always been far and few between.  When I replayed this on PS4 not too long ago I easily got 3 of each within my first couple hours playing the game, PS3 was an entirely different story.  If you haven't found one by the time you finish the story, I'd recommend just sailing around collecting everything else imaginable and you'll hopefully find a chest.  Best of luck!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'd be just my luck if they miraculously happened to actually shut them off the day that I decided to ask about it, I suppose.

 

Much as I was hoping to avoid collecting absolutely everything, looks like that's my only recourse. Bummer!

 

But I agree, I don't recall having this much trouble on PS4. IIRC, it was actually one of the first trophies I got in the game, I'll have to go check my list. However, that was also all pre-spawn nerf.

 

Don't suppose either of you might be able to recall your most-frequent finds?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless anything has changed in 12 months its still obtainable, I got the platinum on 5th July and those were the MP trophies that were just a huge pain to do.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last PS4 one was Monday, yesterday on PS3. Whoever said that is full of shit.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless they did actually just shut them off today.

 

It never does occur to me to check the recent achievers list, though... one day I'll remember.

 

I'll keep hoping for the best and keep my eye on that list over the next few days.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't started this yet, how far into the game do you have to get before you can achieve this trophy?

Would like to try it on alternate account to see if things are still working as they should.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Adycakes said:

I haven't started this yet, how far into the game do you have to get before you can achieve this trophy?

Would like to try it on alternate account to see if things are still working as they should.

I think you need to get to chapter 2 at least, basically as far as you need to to get full access to sailing with the Jackdaw. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Martain2 said:

I think you need to get to chapter 2 at least, basically as far as you need to to get full access to sailing with the Jackdaw. 


Thanks for the reply, appreciate that. :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, coming back in to confirm that the CS Rep was definitely not properly informed.

 

Took ages to find it, but a chest finally popped up at the Tulum armor door viewpoint.

 

Platinum still obtainable, just beware that it will test your patience.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that Assassins Creed Brotherhood's servers are still up should lead me and many others to believe that you should be completely fine going after the online trophies in Assassins Creed Black Flag.

 

It looks like Ubisoft Support couldn't give a shit about any Assassins Creed game apart from their latest game Assassins Creed Origins. They made an entire support forum dedicated to Origins while every other game in the series is all bunched into one other support forum.

 

The rep you were speaking to was talking shit. I guess these reps don't know anything about the games Ubisoft makes, let alone the company they work for.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Guys, was thinking about finishing up my last Assassins Creed game on my backlog, so is there everything still working on the PS3? The Sharing is Caring trophy and the rest of the Multiplayer? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4.10.2018 at 5:27 PM, DeathShark22 said:

Hey Guys, was thinking about finishing up my last Assassins Creed game on my backlog, so is there everything still working on the PS3? The Sharing is Caring trophy and the rest of the Multiplayer? 

 

Well, the last time I played the multiplayer in August the multiplayer mode worked fine. The only thing is that I need a Uplay account now after reaching level 5 to go on. :angry:

I don't know about the sharing is caring trophy, I'm not that far in the singleplayer story.

 

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the multiplayer, but tbh, I would really like it to get that :platinum:.

Edited by Kirilianov
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kirilianov said:

 

Well, the last time I played the multiplayer in August the multiplayer mode worked fine. The only thing is that I need a Uplay account now after reaching level 5 to go on. :angry:

I don't know about the sharing is caring trophy, I'm not that far in the singleplayer story.

 

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the multiplayer, but tbh, I would really like it to get that :platinum:.

 

I think i will start cleaning up this games as soon as i finish Shadow of the Tomb Raider (so very soon). I think i already have a Uplay Account after playing AC:R and AC3. 

 

If you want we can speak on PSN and maybe finish the multiplayer trophys later together:)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11.10.2018 at 1:25 PM, DeathShark22 said:

 

If you want we can speak on PSN and maybe finish the multiplayer trophys later together:)

 

I don't know when I will play the multiplayer again. In recent weeks I had too many games running at the same time, I want to focus first on F1 2010 's multiplayer. I was too lazy over the last years when it comes to progress. I want to finish the multiplayer once and for all, best in the remaining months of this year. And when I'm making a Uplay account, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag 's multiplayer will still be one long grind, because I only played it on two or three afternoons so far.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2018 at 2:34 AM, Xannic said:

It'd be just my luck if they miraculously happened to actually shut them off the day that I decided to ask about it, I suppose.

 

Much as I was hoping to avoid collecting absolutely everything, looks like that's my only recourse. Bummer!

 

But I agree, I don't recall having this much trouble on PS4. IIRC, it was actually one of the first trophies I got in the game, I'll have to go check my list. However, that was also all pre-spawn nerf.

 

Don't suppose either of you might be able to recall your most-frequent finds?

It's one of the few online trophies I'm missing on ps4. I've done plenty of the "community " events but no trophy pop. And that was at least a year ago

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.