“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

17 hours ago, Kevvik said:

Cross your fingers for me folks. Almost done the platinum for LittleBigPlanet. Only have to ace the levels in the final world and I'll have it done. Hoping to finish tomorrow which will give me the plat exactly 11 years after the first trophy I got (my first trophy period). The MGS DLC will have to wait until next month most likely as I don't have time to play any more tonight. We'll see how long it takes me to get through The Bunker level which was the bane of my existence for a long time.

I only have to ACE all the levels and get 100% prize bubbles, you are motivating me to get this freebie from 2011 done!

10 hours ago, xEl_Cidx said:

I only have to ACE all the levels and get 100% prize bubbles, you are motivating me to get this freebie from 2011 done!

You can do it!  If I can, anyone can.  I remember when this got offered free.  I had actually bought the physical at launch and it still works today!  Anyone who got this free, got a steal.  Great game, I was just so hopeless at the platforming that I got frustrated and walked away...a few times...over 11 years...

13 hours ago, Kevvik said:

You can do it!  If I can, anyone can.  I remember when this got offered free.  I had actually bought the physical at launch and it still works today!  Anyone who got this free, got a steal.  Great game, I was just so hopeless at the platforming that I got frustrated and walked away...a few times...over 11 years...

Congrats on the plat! much deserved!

Most def. the other freebie i got was inFamous and i have not even played it yet.

I will take this month of November to get back on LP, make a little progress each day.

Here is my October and November update potentially!

October
Black Ops 4 - 12 Oct 2018 (11 months 3 weeks)

Always enjoy gaming with my overseas friends with this one, doing an assortment of Easter Eggs. To be honest this game was pretty good and looking back we had a number of epic moments to get the game done. Its for this reason I recommend it, however the grinding of zombie guns and the dodgy tactics having to employ in the battle royale mode Blackout was enough to drive me close to mad and giving up on it.

The final zombie map had a nice epic moment to it which meant that because the new cod has no zombie mode, I probably won't touch it until they actually release something decent again.

November

Resogun 5 Apr 2017 (2 years, 6 months, 3 weeks)

I cant help but play spaceship arcade games. Although the difficulty in this game is such that it took me multiple times going back to it. in 2017 I got the career mode done, last year polished off some other game modes, and this year found some buddies to help me be motivated through the boosting and Arnold Schawarzenegger commando mode. The last trophy, finish a game on local coop with a friend involved me bribing my dad to play for a few nights. Hate games like that.

Anyways I guess I'm on the fifa grind and clean up for a month now as I dont have to stress until December. Sky Force Reloaded is a trophy away so we should be right.

• Like 2

Monthly Summary:

October

Games Completed by Participant:

AUSTRALIANDJ: 1 game

bruin-rocks: 2 games

damage_6-9: 2 games

Flex_Da_Brent: 2 games

Fnee2000: 3 games

Gretchen27: 2 games

llzaki: 1 game

Kevvik: 1 game

MattbluePT: 1 game

Psy-Tychist: 1 game

snakebit10 1 game

Total: 

17 games (+4)

Oldest Game Completed: Little Big Planet [11 years, 4 days] Kevvik

Youngest Game Completed: Fill-a-Pix: Phil’s Epic Adventure [6 months, 2 weeks] damage_6-9

Where the Bees Make Honey [6 months, 2 weeks] Fnee2000

Rarest Platinum: The Sims 3: Pets (2.66%) Gretchen27

Rarest 100%: Flower (14.29%) Fnee2000

Absolute Rarity: Call of Duty: Blacks Ops 4 (0.22%) AUSTRALIANDJ

@MattbluePT

I agree, the ending in season 1 was the best of the ones I’ve played. Michonne was the best overall, but season 1 is the most impactful & memorable IMO. Congrats on completing your first game! Looking forward to hearing about many more down the road.

@REAPER4536

Those offline games will always be available to come back to, better to get that online grind fest wrapped up ASAP. I know you’re always good about checking in so I won’t wonder where you’ve gone off to for a while then. If you can 100% Uncharted 3, then you can get these done. You got this!

@Kevvik

I just had the same thing happen to my completion time for The Last of Us. Yeah, I forgot the leap year, but that should have only added one day. A well-earned congrats for getting the LBP platinum! Platformer god status achieved :yay:

@damage_6-9

Might want to take another look…I saw 2 eligible titles.

@AUSTRALIANDJ

Nice work on some difficult games! But don’t ever feel like you have to stress to finish something every month. It’s just a general benchmark. Besides, you’re a bit ahead with the average anyway.

As for my own progress:

Got a second game wrapped up last month with The Last of Us 100% at 5 years, 2 days. Absolute rarity 0.62%. My original goal of unlocking the final trophy on Halloween changed when I started reading the horror VN Death Mark, & I realized I had the chance to finish the game on the exact same date/time as the first trophy earned. But if you read the complete time then you’ll know I mucked it up. I completed grounded + mode two weeks ago, sitting right at the epilogue just waiting on Oct 25th. Well, I forgot about one thing, leap year. & then PSNP added an extra day, because…? It’s fine. I know I unlocked it on the same day as the first trophy.

I probably don’t need to get into what a great story this was as most have played it already. If not, go watch a playthrough (no commentary preferably). Or re-watch it when Retro Replay gets around to it & you can watch Nolan North & Troy Baker struggle with it. They’re working on Uncharted 2 at the moment, maybe they’ll get there by next year. Game play wise grounded mode gave me some trouble on my first run. It took about 20hrs with 293 deaths, verses ground+ at 10hrs & no more than 60 deaths. Forgot where the bloater battles were & was not prepared with moltovs. & the Ellie section in the factory can do one. It was interesting to measure it against Akumu mode in The Evil Within. No contest, Akumu was worse. & now I don’t have any scary games on my list to work on. Guess that means it’s time to start The Evil Within 2 (somebody stop me) -_-  

Next up: I recently jumped back into Rainbow Moon & The Witcher III. It’s been just over a year since I last played RM & I’m finding it easy to get back into mechanics wise, quest wise not so much. If side quests had a tracking pin for the general area it’d save some time. Right now I’m going all over the map to clean up quests because I got to stage 2 of the final boss fight before being defeated. So a bit more training & I can move onto the post game.

TW3: I’ve gotten so invested in the story. Most of the quests are disturbing or profound enough to have me thinking about them later on in the day (I’m looking at you lubberkin). It’s reminded me of why I like Dragon Age: Origins. I’ve played so many playthroughs of that game, & when I come across someone I know is going to be a backstabber or coward, or have a moral choice I already know all the outcomes. & with this massive game I get to discover all new avenues that are just as engaging. I’m really going to enjoy subsequent playthroughs, just don’t expect this one to be completed for quite a while.

Also, ahead of the game for this month with the completion of the Mech DLC in Just Cause 3. The worst pack IMO as operating the mech makes me feel sick. It just swivels & sways in a nauseating way so it was not easy getting all the gears in the challenge modes. I had to go for minimal movement using the cannons instead of the pulse arm so I could get through them. & that bled into the time bonus. Several rounds were just a hundred points away from the target score. Back to the base game challenges

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

Next up: I recently jumped back into Rainbow Moon & The Witcher III. It’s been just over a year since I last played RM & I’m finding it easy to get back into mechanics wise, quest wise not so much. If side quests had a tracking pin for the general area it’d save some time. Right now I’m going all over the map to clean up quests because I got to stage 2 of the final boss fight before being defeated. So a bit more training & I can move onto the post game.

I have Rainbow Moon in my backlog too, but as I only tried the beginning, I don't remember it well.

What are your thoughts about the game? Is it worth it, besides what you say?

I may give it a shot in the near future

5 hours ago, MattbluePT said:

I have Rainbow Moon in my backlog too, but as I only tried the beginning, I don't remember it well.

What are your thoughts about the game? Is it worth it, besides what you say?

I may give it a shot in the near future

Then you're at a great place to get back into or start over even with Rainbow Moon. I absolutely love the game all grind gripes aside. But that's largely because it checks off categories I like to play. It's an RPG with turn based battles, simple enough by my standards.

It's not an easy game in the beginning. Through the main story it's meant to be difficult enough to require level grinding. & you're gonna want to check shops for new equipment to upgrade to keep up with enemies. Battles are really slow when you're under leveled & facing a mob. The combat is great, but I think you have to be the type who likes to sit through turn based to stick with it. I find it rewarding to beat each boss battle. Though the game is really lousy in the beginning because the equipment sucks & you haven't unlocked or leveled up stronger skills. I'd say give it another chance by getting through a couple main storyline quests. There's so much to unlock that opens the world up, it's unfair to just judge it from the first island area.

If you're getting back into it, I'd recommend checking the PSN store. There's a freebie for some items & I purchased one of the character packs ($2) that helped a ton for the early game. & play it on the Vita! I have no idea how people can get through it on console. Though it's a long journey to competition either way.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Gretchen27 said:

Then you're at a great place to get back into or start over even with Rainbow Moon. I absolutely love the game all grind gripes aside. But that's largely because it checks off categories I like to play. It's an RPG with turn based battles, simple enough by my standards.

It's not an easy game in the beginning. Through the main story it's meant to be difficult enough to require level grinding. & you're gonna want to check shops for new equipment to upgrade to keep up with enemies. Battles are really slow when you're under leveled & facing a mob. The combat is great, but I think you have to be the type who likes to sit through turn based to stick with it. I find it rewarding to beat each boss battle. Though the game is really lousy in the beginning because the equipment sucks & you haven't unlocked or leveled up stronger skills. I'd say give it another chance by getting through a couple main storyline quests. There's so much to unlock that opens the world up, it's unfair to just judge it from the first island area.

If you're getting back into it, I'd recommend checking the PSN store. There's a freebie for some items & I purchased one of the character packs ($2) that helped a ton for the early game. & play it on the Vita! I have no idea how people can get through it on console. Though it's a long journey to competition either way.

Actually I stopped playing because i have the game on PS3 due to PS Plus. It really feels like a PS Vita game. Unfortunately it isn't cross-buy. But I will give it a try, for sure. Thanks for your opinion

• Like 1

I got an unexpected game for this month. Human Fall Flat released another level with new trophies a few days ago.

November 2019: Human Fall Flat Ice DLC (First trophy: 17.03.19/7 months, 3 weeks)

The 100% for Human Fall Flat is at 0.36% right now but it might get higher by the end of the month.

• Like 4

Got you all updated. Nice work so far!

On 11/9/2019 at 11:52 AM, MarkusT1992 said:

The 100% for Human Fall Flat is at 0.36% right now but it might get higher by the end of the month.

I'll try & remember to look up the rarity at the end of the month. It's already doubled since you posted, but I'd be surprised if it broke the 2% mark. 

On 11/10/2019 at 6:20 AM, Fnee2000 said:

Frogger Returns (PS3) - Completed in 7 years, 6 months

Heh, beat Frogger in 15-20 minutes today. Took me 7 1/2 years to finish the trophy list ?

Took a hell of a long time to cross the road, huh? ?

On 11/11/2019 at 10:37 AM, xEl_Cidx said:

November 2019 UPDATE: Goal Achieved

(PS3) Hitman: Absolution - First Trophy: May 15, 2018 (13/47 @ 26%) Goal: 100% on Game

Glad to see you had the online done before it shutdown, that'd have been a sad 100% to miss out on. 

Edited by Gretchen27
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, looks like this is going to be a dead month for everyone's backlog. If I counted correctly, only 5 games completed from everyone so far. I guess it is to be expected though, November is a busy month for new releases. A lot of which will end up on the backlog ?

On 11/22/2019 at 11:22 PM, Fnee2000 said:

Wow, looks like this is going to be a dead month for everyone's backlog. If I counted correctly, only 5 games completed from everyone so far. I guess it is to be expected though, November is a busy month for new releases. A lot of which will end up on the backlog 1f61d.png

Just to challenge that comment, I'll report game #6 for the group with Rainbow Moon(Vita) at 4 years, 2 months. Got inspired to return to it for the Ultra Rare Cleanup event (one I hope gets me motivated to clear a few more over the coming months) & finished it relatively stress free after getting through the main story. The game really opens up leveling wise once you hit the post game. Battles become more satisfying to clear with literally a half a screen of enemies to face at a time. But it makes sense looking back how the combat can seem slow during the main game. It really helps to use that time to grind levels on skills & learn the enemy weaknesses. Overall, a fantastic RPG on the Vita, I'd happily play Rainbow Skies down the road.

In all seriousness though, I'd be pleasantly surprised if we reached double digits for the month. There's still about half a week left for people to finish something & report out. Has anyone else put down the new releases for a bit to tackle the backlog?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gretchen27 said:

In all seriousness though, I'd be pleasantly surprised if we reached double digits for the month. There's still about half a week left for people to finish something & report out. Has anyone else put down the new releases for a bit to tackle the backlog?

I will commit to clearing out one more from my backlog in the next few days.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fnee2000 said:

I will commit to clearing out one more from my backlog in the next few days.

Sounds good, finish the year out strong ?

5 hours ago, JayDeLosDioses said:

I'd like to join @Gretchen27

I need something to take turns with the Fall/Winter Backlog Event.

I can just combine the two right? I don't need an specific list just for this?!

I've got quite a lot of 40%-60% games I need some motivation to play again

Welcome! 

Of course you can combine it with other events. You don't need a specific list, but you're more then welcome to list out eligible games you plan to work on. It's not required so as long as the game is 6 months or older (from first trophy earned) it counts for this event. I'll add a section for you on my next update. Hope you get to cross off a bunch of those old titles!

• Like 1

Heh, well that didn’t take me long. Just had to replay the game to get the stinking cans again. I think the need for the motion controls probably messed me up all those years ago. I played it lying down this time, helped when I had to scroll far left or right...

Jacob Jones (Vita) - Completed in 6 years, 6 months

• Like 4

Well, this month I had less time than expected, but I still managed to get rid of one incomplete game on my backlog.

Assassin's Creed Revelations (PS4) - Completed in 6 months and 1 week (21st May 2019)

This game is a great game, that I've been avoiding to complete due to the Lost Archive DLC part. I found that part kind of boring, but it's done now. As for the game itself, it is great to play a little more with Altair.

Next month, I hope I can complete some more games. I believe I'll have some more time. It's good to see the completion percentage raising ?

• Like 4