“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

On 1/31/2020 at 11:40 PM, bruin-rocks said:

I really wan to go back and plat Harvest Moon. I am first achiever on a few of those trophies and I had planned on being first achiever for Platinum; but that sprite thing messed me up. If you could give me a detailed explanation on how you actually managed to find all the cutscenes I would greatly appreciate it. I loved that game as a kid and it kills me everyday knowing I 1.wasn’t able to get first platinum/100% achiever, or even in the top 50 which I have managed for quite a few of my games, 2. I wasnt even able to get the platinum at all because the stuff I did as a kid to get it to work, never worked when I tried it with the new version. Something must have changed, and I’m always looking for extra tips to score that damn platinum! 

Looks like the 'nice ' scenes are the only trophy you have left. Well, I'll tell ya how I got them after all the confusing instructions I went through, hopefully it'll work for you too:

Basically, the day of the season is literal. So, if the event is said to trigger the earliest in chapter 3, Spring 1. It's supposed to happen on day 1. If it fails for weather or just doesn't happen, don't bother checking the rest of the season & try on the first day of the next. Now, I don't remember what chapter my scenes started unlocking, I want to say I got the first in chapter 2. & I had a lot of trouble seeing the second (The failed summoning) until chapter 3. After that, they all triggered around the guide listed seasons & on the exact days.

I was using the rain glitch for the evening events & the midmorning ones. The game will stop raining & snowing if you go dig something up at the excavation site & leave because there can't be adverse weather when Carter evaluates the finds. The effect would last at least half the day, if not the whole thing. But the earliest you can visit the site is 9 (or maybe 10)am. As long as it's not a Van shop day. So it's good for every scene but the early morning cow one. You can even unlock the last two by noon this way if you leave & return to the farm by the far river path (after stopping the rain/snow), enter the house, & then leave by the main entrance.

I'm guessing you had trouble with the cow scene though...All my barn animals I kept outside, constantly (except when I couldn't stop the weather). About half of my field was fertilized, so I never had to feed them except on inside days. My wake up alarm was set for 5:45am & I'd run outside to check for the scene. Now, I know some people say you don't need scene 2 to unlock it, but I spent a whole year this way checking everyday with nothing. It wasn't until I tried again for scene 2 & then waiting another season or whenever the guide suggested, that I saw the cow scene. It doesn't matter what's in the field with the cows (I had a dairy & a star cow, a sheep, & the horse outside). & none of my cows were producing milk anymore, if that could somehow matter as well.

Feel free to ask about anything I missed.

Two games to cross off the list; Tekken Tag Tournament 2 first trophy August 27th 2017, final Trophy February 9th 2020 completion time 2 years 5 months, Rarity 11.56%. I only played this originally to help a friend online, decided to come back and smash it out of the park. 
second game; L.A. Noire first trophy June 14th 2011, final trophy February 9th 2020, completion time 8 years 8 months 12 hours, 100% Rarity 4.78%. This was platinum 275, I thought the platinum image was funny, the game was awesome, the best rockstar game in my opinion next to Bully. 

• Like 4

It has been some time but finally one is complete. Frane Dragon’s Odyssey at 7 months and 3 weeks. A painful grind for this Kemco game. Story wise is just decent, but you are required to max out every ones friendship. Also crafting and cooking each recipe. It also has alot of gold to acquire and the game is rather stingy with it. 

• Like 4

So I was kinda wondering if I could complete the new Metro Exodus DLC as my clean up for this month? I got the platinum for Metro on the 9th of March 2019 with the first trophy on the 17th of Februari 2019. The first DLC pack came out in August 2019, however I've been waiting for the release of the second DLC to get the 100% clean up. 

I am thinking of starting on Death Stranding after doing the Metro clean up but that game is gonna take some time but I wanna keep the challange going! So kinda wanna know ?

Finally finished up my next game from the backlog. This is actually my second time earning the platinum. As I got the platinum in the PS4 release. It took longer than I had hoped due to real life issues and being sidetracked by other games. Also, it plods on during parts of the game (especially the overly drawn out Navajo chapter). Anyway, another game off of my list and 25gb freed up on my PS3. Now on to the next game...

Beyond : Two Souls (PS3) - Completed in 6 years, 4 months

• Like 3

13 hours ago, IGUnique said:

So I was kinda wondering if I could complete the new Metro Exodus DLC as my clean up for this month? I got the platinum for Metro on the 9th of March 2019 with the first trophy on the 17th of Februari 2019. The first DLC pack came out in August 2019, however I've been waiting for the release of the second DLC to get the 100% clean up. 

I am thinking of starting on Death Stranding after doing the Metro clean up but that game is gonna take some time but I wanna keep the challange going! So kinda wanna know 1f601.png

I have completed newly released DLC to gain 100% in a backlog game before, so I would only assume it still counts! 

1 hour ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I'm lagging in the challenge for the month.

Anyone want to play a game of Rocket League so I can get that done for Feb?

Would be happy to help, but am in a different country than my PS4 atm...

will be back in Australia on the 18th so can do it then if you are still stuck

Currently working on a ton of Backlog games, Injustice Gods Among Us on PS4 almost level 100, just completed Archives and Level Interactions today, also planning on finally doing Jak and Daxter The Precursor Legacy on PS3, Guacamelee on Vita and PS4, Surge Deluxe on Vita, and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and 3 and World At War on PS3, all will take time but trying to juggle them all otherwise I get bored. Have some easy games in there as well that I can clear up here and there as well. I just want to get at least a game a month

Edited by bruin-rocks

So Feb 2020 and I am still in the challenge :D

Syberia 100% - First trophy 2nd March 2018 - Completed in 1 year, 11 months

It took me a while to finish this one. I knew that game from my childhood and wanted to complete it trophy wised too. When I started the game my motivation immediately dropped to 0. I am happy that I got it done, although part 2 and 3 has to get started and finished somewhen too. With 3991 current trophies, I can focus better on a Super Meat Boy world for my 4000 trophies (2 Month should be enough for a stupid world and another 100% for march 2020).

• Like 4

Another day, another game removed from my backlog list. Not that it is a good game. For a game that is supposedly easy, I had the biggest pain with this. It is one of the few games I can recall that made me nauseous, gave me headaches, and bad eye strain. Even with those stupid graphical filters turned off, the green monochrome color scheme did not agree with me. Add to the fact that some of the early levels are quite difficult. However, I just sat down today and felt determined to rid my system of this game. Adios (not so) Awesome Pea!

Awesome Pea (PS4) - Completed in 11 months, 2 weeks

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fnee2000 said:

I have driven in the club and succeeded! Not only was I able to get that Lifer trophy done before the servers came down, I was able to finish off all other trophies as well to get the platinum. I can safely say I will most likely never get the full 100%. Some of those DLC races are just way too out of my wheelhouse when it comes to racing games. Anyway, another game down...

Driveclub (PS4) - Platinum Completed in 4 years, 6 months

It's not easy, but after some tries you can get them. I haven't finished all the dlc's but some of them gave me a hard time.

A tip I can give to you, and without it you can't complete the races, especially the time races, is to turn the brake assist to low, or turn it off. It helps a lot, and without doing it, I think you don't even have the chance to win the gold medal in some events.

I still have to do the 6 accolades and the level 50 trophies in this game, besides the rest of the dlc.

13 minutes ago, MattbluePT said:

It's not easy, but after some tries you can get them. I haven't finished all the dlc's but some of them gave me a hard time.

A tip I can give to you, and without it you can't complete the races, especially the time races, is to turn the brake assist to low, or turn it off. It helps a lot, and without doing it, I think you don't even have the chance to win the gold medal in some events.

I still have to do the 6 accolades and the level 50 trophies in this game, besides the rest of the dlc.

I had brake assist on low the whole time. I wouldn't have been able to do much without some help knowing when to brake. My biggest problem comes from super wet tracks or night races. Now, if it was both wet and dark I just couldn't do it. I'm not too worried about getting the 100%. If I do, I do. No huge rush now. I will probably try to finish up the Platinum on Driveclub Bikes sometime soon.

• Like 1

On 2020-02-15 at 3:38 AM, Fnee2000 said:

Wiped away another game off the backlog list. This one was another oldie but a goodie. I decided to go back to inFamous after an extended break. I just had to complete a hard/evil playthrough and finish up a few odds and ends trophies. Hard wasn’t too bad and the final boss was a breeze once his obvious patterns were figured out. Not sure if I will dive right into inFamous 2 yet. I really need to get that 1000 miles Driveclub done sooner than later...

inFamous (PS3) - Completed in 10 years, 8 months

You keep stealing oldest game from me... but mark my words, by the end of the year, I will get my Injustice Gods Among Us platinum and I will claim the absolute rarity! Just got level 100 today, thanks to my turbo controller... working through all classic battles then I have to find where I went wrong with meter burns and special moves, then clear up online, then fight my way through hell on STAR labs and Battle Mode. 
While I drag away at Injustice I’m going to try to clear a few games here and there, but I wont be as active as usual. Might be limiting to one or two games a month until this beast is done. 

1 hour ago, bruin-rocks said:

You keep stealing oldest game from me... but mark my words, by the end of the year, I will get my Injustice Gods Among Us platinum and I will claim the absolute rarity! Just got level 100 today, thanks to my turbo controller... working through all classic battles then I have to find where I went wrong with meter burns and special moves, then clear up online, then fight my way through hell on STAR labs and Battle Mode. 
While I drag away at Injustice I’m going to try to clear a few games here and there, but I wont be as active as usual. Might be limiting to one or two games a month until this beast is done. 

Heh sorry man. Was going to hold off until next month but the urge to finish it up was there and I went for it.

Ahhh Injustice, one of the games I am still salty about being on my list. I hate fighting games. I just forgot to log my account out of a friends PS4 one night a group of us were hanging out at this place. They played the game and next thing I know, Injustice trophies were popped under my account ?

It was quite an injustice to my account ?

Good luck on your quest though, that trophy list looks like a royal pain in the butt...

Edited by Fnee2000

Surge Deluxe on the Vita is done. I played it almost 6 years ago, and gave up because I didnt want to smash 100,000 blocks, turns out it was perfect while I was at work reading a book, didnt even realize time was passing half the time. 100% rarity 2.07%. First trophy: May 22nd 2014, final trophy February 18th 2020, completion time 5 years 9 months. Time to play some real Vita games again. 

• Like 4