“What the Hell Is That Still Doing There” Backlog Event Ver. 3.0

1 hour ago, REAPER4536 said:

Thanks for the reply. I only have AC3, AC3 Liberation, AC2 and AC4. I started with AC3 and really liked it but then the others not so much. AC4 is good but I don't like pirates so that screwed the franchise for me. Ohh and I started AC2 one year ago so it didn't age well for me. Syndicate, Odyssey and Orginins sound nice. I will give Syndicate at least a try when its on sale

I actually bought the Triple Pack during the summer sale that is currently going on! Black Flag, Syndicate, and Unity(not as bad as people make it seem), and I have been having great fun, highly recommended. 

All this talk of Assassin’s Creed Syndicate has now made me want to do the Jack the Ripper DLC, for some reason, I never completed. Downloading it all again as I write this. The Platinum was achieved already, just doing the JtR DLC like @bruin-rocks did.

Edited by Fnee2000

On 17/08/2019 at 11:53 PM, Gretchen27 said:

Coming in at two games this month with the completion of The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel [7 months, 1 week].

*snip*

Thanks for taking the time to explain so much.

Trails of Cold Steel has joined my backlog a few months ago and I lacked the will to go back because of the Nightmare run. But seeing that it's not so bad (except for that last boss), I might play it again in September.

Finally, I have a game I can out here.

Battle Chasers: Nightwar - Completed 11 months, 6 days.

Should've really just done the NG+ when I finished it the first time but learned a new trick to speed up the playthrough. Total Time played was 95.2 hrs, but 65hrs was the first playthrough.

Now I might have to boot up the PS3 for the first time in a while and knock off some 6 year old titles.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, bruin-rocks said:

I actually bought the Triple Pack during the summer sale that is currently going on! Black Flag, Syndicate, and Unity(not as bad as people make it seem), and I have been having great fun, highly recommended. 

Thanks for that recommendation but I already own Black Flag and I look for the ultimate editions as I can only platinum a game when I get the 100% ( one of my rules which kind of failed with Minecraft)

I have been attempting to finish the platinum for Call of Duty Advanced Warfare for my game for this month. I only need the Flip Flop trophy. Me and a friend has tried 3 times and all 3 times we were within 10 rounds or less of finishing and got booted from the servers. I have tried solo also and the best I could do so far is level 25.

• Like 1

Just finished Octodad Dadliest Catch. What a funny game. First trophy May 2014, 5 years 3 months. 100% rarity 12.63%. I enjoyed this game well enough, not going to be going for 100% on Vita anytime soon though. It was stressful. Hahaha. 

Also got 100% complete in Assassin’s Creed 4 Black Flag, first trophy November 2013, 5 years 8 months, 100% rarity 1.36%. I loved the base game of Black Flag when I played it years ago, coming back to do Freedom Cry was a drag though. The story felt dragged out, it had a lame ending, and the ship battles were really hard because there was little opportunity to get materials to upgrade. I did not enjoy this DLC. 4/10

This puts me at 65 completed games for this event! 

Edited by bruin-rocks
  • Like 2

Well, that was a fun little DLC. I forgot just how much of a joy the free flow movement was in AC Syndicate. Traveling by rooftops was actually fun with the grappling hook / zipline. Even the free flow climbing down was nice and smooth. Never liked traveling by rooftops in previous AC games because of the times when you had a big gap and had to climb down, then climb back up another building. Most of the times I just ran in the streets in other AC games, found it much faster. Anyway, not sure if this will count since it was a last minute “oooh, I should play that” game and was not originally on my list until yesterday...

Assassin’s Creed Syndicate - 100% complete in 3 years, 9 months

• Like 3

Done with my 2 playthroughs on grounded mode on The Last of US and therefore fully completed it:

The Last of Us (PS3): 100% complete (Rarity=0,61%), Sep 2018 - Aug 2019 (Completed  in 11 months, 2 weeks)

Such a fantastic game, even during the fifth playthrough it was still a blast to play, easily top 3 of my most favourite games of all time. Can't wait for the release of TLOU part 2!

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Fnee2000 said:

Well, that was a fun little DLC. I forgot just how much of a joy the free flow movement was in AC Syndicate. Traveling by rooftops was actually fun with the grappling hook / zipline. Even the free flow climbing down was nice and smooth. Never liked traveling by rooftops in previous AC games because of the times when you had a big gap and had to climb down, then climb back up another building. Most of the times I just ran in the streets in other AC games, found it much faster. Anyway, not sure if this will count since it was a last minute “oooh, I should play that” game and was not originally on my list until yesterday...

Assassin’s Creed Syndicate - 100% complete in 3 years, 9 months

Don’t worry, almost every game I complete for this event ends up on a whim. I just download a game and play it, next thing I know I have platinum, and it qualifies for the event, so i just throw it in here.  

@Myu

Don’t forget to download the free DLC for 3 instant level ups. That was a major time saver for the final battles. It still took me about 6 tries, but it is doable if you follow the visual & sound cues. & while it’s still fresh in my mind, my set up for boss battles used 2 party members (preferably Rean & Fie) as the damage dealers while the other 2 (preferably Alisa & Elliot) provided buffs & healing. I had the orbments to cast Impassion (25 CP regen), Shining (4 turn insight), & Adamant Shield (1 turn attack blocker) on most of the party members so not just the main buffers could cast. Elliot’s special craft Resonant Beat is great for health regen & a bit of defense. While Alisa has 2 special crafts that can cast healing & CP regen or Shining & CP regen. Plus, Alisa’s starting master quartz maxed out has 2 instant revives per battle. You won’t have to worry about any of this really until the boss battles in chapter 6. Most of the enemies ran from me for the first couple of chapters in nightmare mode, with bosses going down in with a few S-craft moves. & if you only have enough materials to craft ultimate weapons, make them for your damage dealing members.

@Psy-Tychist

Hefty playtime for your first run. Must have been a good RPG then. Best of luck on the PS3 games!

@snakebit10

That’s tough when you only have one trophy left to unlock. Hopefully the servers hold out for you on the next attempt.

@bruin-rocks

It has been a backlog year for you! Can’t wait to see you cross off 100 games.

Also, glad to hear you’re enjoying YS.

@Fnee2000

No worries, you don’t need to stick with your list. As long as the game meets the criteria then you’re good to go!

@Flex_Da_Brent

Congrats on the 100% in TLoU! I bet the sequel will be just as good.

@xEl_Cidx

On to plat #50!

& did you forget to report the completion of AC III Liberation (Vita) or did I just forget to add it? 

Edited by Gretchen27
  • Like 2

Currently playing through Iconoclasts on the PS4 as this will probably be my next completion target. Really loving it so far, I don't play these kinds of 2D metroidvanias too often but when I do it's always such a delight. Not as good as hollow knight but it actually comes pretty close. Pretty amazing how this whole game was developed by just 1 guy, that's some real dedication.

Completing the game on challenge mode will probably test me though since I'm getting hit an awful lot right now and on that mode you can only get hit like once or twice before you die. Checkpoints are very lenient though but still...not sure if I'll be able to do it ?

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent

I got the platinum for Call of Duty Ghosts. First trophy May 2018, 1 year 3 months. Rarity 4.00%. Time to go for 100%! This was platinum 175, and it was tons of fun to get and I actually look forward to the DLCs I have to do. Not sure why everyone hated on it. Also, still working on Rainbow Six Siege, and probably going to try to knock off a few more backlog games from my Vita. 

Edited by bruin-rocks
  • Like 2

Got another game done this month. It was one of my first games I got for PS4 and I think it was from PS+.

Since I'm not sure which date you need I'll post everything: Completion time: 3 years, 11 months, 3 weeks, Rarity (100%): 5.82% and finally my new line for August.

August 2019: Kona (First Trophy: 13.11.2018/9 months, 3 days), Grow Home (First Trophy: 01.09.2015/3 years, 11 months)

• Like 1

I thought I let you know about the games I currently play.
Call of Duty Black Ops 2: I wanna get this game finally done. Just one DLC left and the singleplayer challenges
World of Tanks: I don't want to get it done now but I am aiming to finish the mercenary DLC pack

Driveclub will probably take a while. First I wanna get rid of the MP then I try to work my way through the easier, then the harder DLC packs

Laser League: not much to say about this one other than its a huge grind fest. !-4 rounds a day will make good progress 

NFS MW: I am currently aiming to finish the 7ppl. trophy, then the rest of MP, then the rest of the DLCs then the SP ( maybe the game of October while BO2 will be done in September)

Verdun: I am not sure if I ever get this game done. Currently, I am working on kills and medal which leaves the worst part untouched - the 250k coop XP ( I have to play with the same person) 

And last but not least Battleifeld Bad Company: I am trying to get 10 kills done every day to get some kind of progress while hoping that boosting sessions will give me the awards 

Monthly Summary:

August

Games Completed by Participant:

AUSTRALIANDJ: 1 game

bruin-rocks: 6 games

Flex_Da_Brent: 2 games

Fnee2000: 4 games

Gretchen27: 2 games

MarkusT1992: 2 games

Psy-Tychist: 1 game

REAPER4536: 1 game

xEl_Cidx: 1 game

Total: 

20 games (+5)

Oldest Game Completed: Gunstar Heroes [10 years, 1 month] Fnee2000

Youngest Game Completed: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel [7 months, 1 week] Gretchen27

Rarest Platinum: Star Trek Online (0.35%) REAPER4536

Rarest 100%: Grow Home (5.82%) MarkusT1992

Absolute Rarity: Star Trek Online (0.31%) REAPER4536

Thought I’d get this month’s summary done a little early with the new additions & in case Dorian takes my power. If I got anything wrong or another game gets finished, just let me know!

Active check incoming next month. So speak up even if you haven’t completed anything recently. It’ll likely be the last one of the year.

@xEl_Cidx

I remember now when you had the Vita games removed. Just had to check!

@Flex_Da_Brent

Keep at it. You'll be able to ace challenge mode. 

@bruin-rocks

Awesome milestone! Time to plan for #200.

@REAPER4536

That's quite a few games to be working on at once. But even a little progress over time is going to add up quick. 

As for my own progress this month: I wrapped up the down trophies in The Last of Us thanks to a very dedicated boosting group. The session was marred with all manner of mishaps from disconnects, unlucky maps, power outages, a bee (literally), & of course random players joining to ruin the group’s kills. But everyone was awesomely upbeat & patient until we all finished those trophies. There was no way I could have got all of those legit, though I’m still proud of the two I managed on my own. The DLC maps alone that never show up though was a real pain. All that’s left here is two runs in Grounded Mode. Maybe I’ll try for another Halloween theme by completing it then.

Also, worked on Uncharted 3’s online here & there. The co-op is absolutely great, I’m kicking myself for steering away from it all this time. I really enjoyed the map adventures & even the arena challenges. Snagged a handful of trophies along the way. But like mentioned above, depending on what Dorian does I may or may not get to play a bit more of it before the servers close. Either way I’m happy I got to try it.

Currently been playing Sorcery Saga on the Vita (tried going back to Deception IV before getting frustrated with the missions pretty quickly). Basically I’m at 85% completion for obtaining all 700 items. Just left with upgrading all the staffs & need to find a few spell books. I’ll say more about the game once I finish it.

• Like 1

@Gretchen27 I love this forum, and I love that you keep it going. It keeps me motivated to knock off back log games throughout the year and I love seeing what games others finish, and we’re starting to get a real crowd here. 

As for my own personal journey through here, I joined back in May 2017, with my first platinum for the event being Need for Speed Rivals, it was also the game that took me longest to plat. Soon after that I got my 75th platinum milestone with Black Ops 3, also for this event, my oldest platinum/100% now after joining is God of War 2 at 9 years 5 days. This event also encouraged me to make Uncharted Remastered my 100th platinum(also qualified for this event) this was special to me because Uncharted was the first game that got me into trophy hunting and getting platinums, I had gotten a few platinum trophies before it but those were pretty much flukes. I have also since gotten 100 platinum trophies while being part of this event as I have recently made Ghosts platinum 175. Even my platinum 150 was part of this event in LittleBigPlanet Vita, which was nice because LittleBigPlanet was my first platinum ever. This event has shaped my trophy hunting experience and I hope it continues too! 

As for games I am playing, currently working on Vita: Ys Memories of Celceta, and Lego Movie The Video Game. 

PS4: Rainbow Six Siege, and Call of Duty Ghosts(100%)

PS3: I’m going to try to dip my toes into Dead Space, but the game always scares me... Also going to start chipping away at the Minecraft 100%. 

Edited by bruin-rocks
  • Like 3

It's been a while but I've got another done...

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - platinum achieved

First trophy - 21 Sep 2014

Last trophy - 3 Sep 2019

Time to complete - 4 yrs, 11 months

Let's see if I can get the next one done quicker.

• Like 2