PS Messages Sucks!!!!

VelikyNovgorod4

Is it just me or is PS Messages just absolutely terrible for everyone else? On my new phone and old i've had issues with it non stop consistently crashing, taking a long ass time to load the chat let alone any new messages and how it can take forever just to send a message yourself only for it to say it didn't send 50% of the time and what's the cherry on top? The fact it constantly says i'm not online when I have a strong connection to the wifi so anyone else have these issues or is it just me?

• Like 2

The only problem I ever had was when I jump from using a wifi signal and to somewhere without. The app tends to not be able to connect and give me server error etc. I just normally have to restart my phone and it'll uuusually work again.

Haven't had any major problems with it. Something similar to what happens to ERGOPROXY-DECAY has happened to me as well but it usually solves itself after restarting the phone and it also happens to me as well on Discord and other apps sometimes.

The main issue I have with the app, which I think most everyone would agree, is how slow it updates the messages on the feed. Not much of a problem when there is a 1-on-1 conversation but make a group with 4 or more people and you're going to start having problems following a conversation when the messages take ages to update on the app.

Other than that, fine. I'm running the latest version of the app on a kind-of-old budget phone that is stuck on an old Android version at the moment.

• Like 1

I've had some issues with the chat feed with groups of 50+ players...some people couldn't see others' posts therefore thought I was conversing with myself...haha...i've also seen double or triple posts when wifi signal is very weak...also, at times the chat can update very slowly...all of these have been quite sporadic and usually works just fine...

overall though gotta say I like the app...allows me to organize groups away from home...means when online we can all get straight to business...my only wish would be the ability to remove players from a group as the host...small gripes...

Edited by ProfBambam55

Only had these issues on my old phone. Ever since I got a new phone it's been running perfectly smooth.

Of course the group issue is there, but that is not really an issue for me as I don't use groups for this. Once I know people better I usually switch to other messaging apps...

14 hours ago, VelikyNovgorod4 said:

Could it just be my last couple of phones? Or the fact I have Android cause both my current phone and old one have these issues.

Maybe. It could also be a very unlucky combination of brand, model and Android version of the phone you have. Maybe the app doesn't work properly in that particular setup. It's kind of a weird occurrence but it could happen.

Again, I have a budget phone that is still running on Android 4.4 (Kit Kat) and the app works ok for me.

I have the same problem, it keeps loading loading loading takes to long so I close the damn app.

I have a Iphone and my old phone, a Sony! had the same issue. 

I just let people wait till I am home before I answer, best sollution ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 30.5.2018 at 5:53 AM, ProfBambam55 said:

I've had some issues with the chat feed with groups of 50+ players...some people couldn't see others' posts therefore thought I was conversing with myself...haha...i've also seen double or triple posts when wifi signal is very weak...also, at times the chat can update very slowly

All of the above plus terrible connection issues every now and then, like just now for me.

Just like Sony, the messaging app straight out sucks. Reliability is a foreign concept to them, like customer service and whatnot.

Thank heavens for Discord.

22 minutes ago, fastflowdaman said:

All of the above plus terrible connection issues every now and then, like just now for me.

Just like Sony, the messaging app straight out sucks. Reliability is a foreign concept to them, like customer service and whatnot.

Thank heavens for Discord.

PS Messages' app works fine on my iPhone, iPad and iPod. So, I don't see the problem. So TC may have a bad phone or something else entirely. 

And another thing, I managed to get my Marvel's Spider-Man PSN Avatar thanks to livechat AKA customer support, so to me, they are very reliable to me.