Heavy Rain With July PS Plus

XxLacunaCoilxX

1 hour ago, Pirelli913 said:

Never played it, but did watch an entire play through of it by DSP before he sucked. Will get this, but wished PS3 (in its last year of Plus) would get some decent AAA titles, too.

Same here, they need to go out with a bang with the PS3 and Vita games since it's the last year. Zero Escape i cant wait to play too, hope its a cross-buy since i rather play it on the PS4 then the Vita.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PermaFox said:

Loaded it, played for an hour, but don't know if I'm feeling the love for this one.  Might just delete it.

You need to play it at least 2h to get into it. First 1h - 1h30min is extremely boring (unnecessary tutorial-ish) and you need some time to adapt to controls.

• Like 2

On 7/7/2018 at 2:51 AM, inesses said:

You need to play it at least 2h to get into it. First 1h - 1h30min is extremely boring (unnecessary tutorial-ish) and you need some time to adapt to controls.

That is true.  Finally sat down and gave it an hour and now really getting into it.  

Just a reminder for all of us that are now playing this game.  Glitches show up occasionally in the game, such as the character won't move, QTEs don't respond to the button pushing.  Don't panic!  Just close the game, shut down the PS4 for 10 seconds, then power back up.  Continue your game and any problems should be gone.  Maybe a pain but not the end of the world.  Enjoy!

Edited by PermaFox

• 4 years later...

Finally got around to getting Platinum in this and have to say that on my initial blind playthrough last year I absolutely hated the game. I forgot how irritating games can be when they overdo it on motion controls and I found it so annoying that I basically had everyone die as soon as possible just to get it over with. While I understand that this is sort of par for the course with Quantic Dream games (I’ve also got Platinum in Beyond Two Souls and Detroit Become Human), I don’t recall the other games being quite as bad in this regard. I just sort of chalked it up to the developer going overboard on the “cool” factor while perhaps missing how annoying this can sometimes be for the player. I don’t like waving my controller all over the place because some developer decided I needed to pick a lock or “steer” a car. At a minimum players should be able to disable that nonsense and just use the analog sticks and buttons as an alternative.

That said, I recently decided to take another crack at it on PS5 using a walk through to get the trophies in an efficient manner, and the second time around I ended up feeling it was an ok game. The motion controls still bugged me, but for whatever reason they seemed to work better on the DualSense vs my old DualShock so it wasn’t that bad. The story overall was ok, and while I still don’t really like Ethan as the main protagonist, I didn’t hate him as much the second time around.