@Kevvik, out of all the characters, Emily was my least favorite and one other person (you'll know who it is if you haven't figured it out). My favorites were probably Michael and Sam. 1. Because Sam is probably the most reasonable person on the mountain (and in a bath towel ???). 2. Mike reminds me a lot of Nathan Drake. Gotta love that daring, loveable wise guy. The game is probably still in my top 5 PS4 games. Definitely a must try if you liked Heavy Rain.

• Like 1

I've been making some progress in a few of the games from the event.

Shantae Half-Genie Hero - Finished my first playthrough, all that's left is getting the speedrun trophies and couple of misc stuff. Taking a break from this game at the moment though.

South Park: Fractured But Whole - Close to finishing the game, if I'm not mistaken. Probably going to wrap up the story tomorrow. Some misc stuff left as well.

Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth - Still doing those goddamn Mock Battles. I probably put over 5 hours into those. Can't wait to be done with those so I can finally get back to the actual game.

Mages of Mystralia - No progress made, but the game received a patch today that added Hardcore mode, 4 new languages and improved performance. I hope they also fixed the audio issues the game had.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 4

Ended up getting the plat in South Park: Fractured But Whole. My opinion did not change from my initial impressions. It's a fun game, but the combat feels a bit half-arsed and some battles drag out way too long.

I also finally finished the mock battles in Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth. Back to story mode now and the VN aspect of the game overstays it's welcome quite a bit. There's a scene after each battle and it lasts for a good hour every time. I always was the opinion that long interruptions interfere with the gameplay, and it holds true for this game as well. 10-15 minutes of gameplay vs 1 hour of cutscenes is a really bad ratio.

I'm about 20 hours in and the game is still adding new mechanics, granted 10 hours were put into those damn mock battles. Apparently characters have an element assigend to them, as do the battlefields. If a character (friend or foe) is weak to the element of the battlefield they are negatively affected.. I've also unlocked special attacks with some characters, which seems to become available sometime between level 20-25.

• Like 3

So, I decided to continue with Owlboy and it seems like I'm near the end of the game. I'm not really enjoying it and I honestly wonder why the game is so praised. Overall the game features barely to none explorational sections. If you want to find all coins you have to hug the walls all the time as there are barely any hints for hidden sections AND there's one annoying freefall minigame with fixed camera where the dev also decided to add some rings which you have to fly through as those will earn you another bunch of coins. Yay. <_<

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the first of my clean up plats on Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland.  Really enjoyed this even with grinding through the years for new endings.  Only the last one I got (catching the Legendary Fish) drove me a little squirrely.  Took three runs to get the events to move past the 2nd one of the set, then about 2.5 hrs of trying to catch the freaking fish and reloading my save after the full moon to try again without waiting for 2 weeks.  Still a great game all in all.  

Only a couple of chapters left to finish off Until Dawn as well.  Emily is DEAD (and there was much rejoicing) along with Chris and Matt.  Three teens down and five to go.

KYC 777

Spoiler

Tomb Raider Anniversary  19/42, 33%, C rank

The Sexy Brutale :platinum:

Until Dawn  16/19, 89%, A rank

Valhalla Knights 3  11/27, 18%, A rank

Spellspire  21/23, 91%, A rank

LEGO Marvel's Avengers (PS3)  54/71, 68%, A rank

Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland :platinum:

Adventure Time:  The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom 14/36, 31%, C rank

Nier  7/42, 11%, D rank

Touhou Double Focus  9/32, 13%, C rank

141 trophies still unearned

Edited by Kevvik
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Finished another game from the event. Shantae Half-Genie Hero, is now platted. Fun game overall, and the speedrun stuff wasn't really anything stressful either.

Still tried out the new game mode in Utawarerumono as well and I seem to be a bit underleveled. I'll be going back to it occasionally though.

@Hemiak any plans for another iteration next month?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Finished another game from the event. Shantae Half-Genie Hero, is now platted. Fun game overall, and the speedrun stuff wasn't really anything stressful either.

Still tried out the new game mode in Utawarerumono as well and I seem to be a bit underleveled. I'll be going back to it occasionally though.

Wouldn't it be in November?

Sporadic update time.

I finished Evolve, the first game I started for this event. I think the :silver: I originally gave this game holds up because of the crazy grind to finish it off insured that it stuck around long after the appeal had worn off. The servers may have shut down making some of the trophies unobtainable when they were supposed to or they maybe up sporadically, reports seem conflicted. Either way I deleted it shortly after helping the last person I was boosting it with. I was actually planning on taking the disc in today to see if it had any resale value.

I finished Sword Coast Legends, which I believe I started for KYC6 and think I gave a :bronze:? That might've been a bit harsh. There was a bit of a push on this game as there was a server shutdown reported for the PC version and nobody was hearing anything officially about how that would effect the PS4 version. The original devs for this game closed house shortly after release and the title was kind of in limbo so the safest path was to assume that none of the mp would be available after the posted PC shutdown date, possibly even before. Some of the trophies totally require mp and some of the super grindy (level every class to max, beat the game with every class) trophies could be significantly shortened using certain mp tactics. In the end the PC shutdown date came and went and nothing happened to the PS4 version. Current thinking is that the mp is P2P and as such not dependant on the maintenance of any central server. After playing through the push a couple of times and getting used to the controls and mechanics of this RPG I'd probably bump my score up to a :silver:. I even wound up co-authoring a trophy guide for this game on PSNP, though to be fair @big_bob002 did most of the work and I just helped with the formatting as he was only accessing the site through a mobile device and formatting was much easier on a PC.

I finally got around to playing and finishing The Order: 1886 which I started way back in KYC4. Fun fact; even though I started a year ago I never earned 1 trophy back then so it still shows as being completed in under a day. Back then I gave the game a :gold: even though first person shooters aren't my thing because the quality put into the title was still obvious. I suppose in the interim my tolerance for this genre has increased somewhat by playing titles like Destiny and BioShock. I knew the game was panned for being short and took that into consideration in my review and suggested picking it up on sale but it wasn't just that the game was short the story concluded at an unexpected point. Like there was supposed to be an Order: 1887 or some DLC or something but it's been awhile and ... nothing. It was an interesting story that just got cut off prematurely. :unsure:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Metal Slime King said:

Sporadic update time.

I finished Evolve, the first game I started for this event. I think the :silver: I originally gave this game holds up because of the crazy grind to finish it off insured that it stuck around long after the appeal had worn off. The servers may have shut down making some of the trophies unobtainable when they were supposed to or they maybe up sporadically, reports seem conflicted. Either way I deleted it shortly after helping the last person I was boosting it with. I was actually planning on taking the disc in today to see if it had any resale value.

I finished Sword Coast Legends, which I believe I started for KYC6 and think I gave a :bronze:? That might've been a bit harsh. There was a bit of a push on this game as there was a server shutdown reported for the PC version and nobody was hearing anything officially about how that would effect the PS4 version. The original devs for this game closed house shortly after release and the title was kind of in limbo so the safest path was to assume that none of the mp would be available after the posted PC shutdown date, possibly even before. Some of the trophies totally require mp and some of the super grindy (level every class to max, beat the game with every class) trophies could be significantly shortened using certain mp tactics. In the end the PC shutdown date came and went and nothing happened to the PS4 version. Current thinking is that the mp is P2P and as such not dependant on the maintenance of any central server. After playing through the push a couple of times and getting used to the controls and mechanics of this RPG I'd probably bump my score up to a :silver:. I even wound up co-authoring a trophy guide for this game on PSNP, though to be fair @big_bob002 did most of the work and I just helped with the formatting as he was only accessing the site through a mobile device and formatting was much easier on a PC.

I finally got around to playing and finishing The Order: 1886 which I started way back in KYC4. Fun fact; even though I started a year ago I never earned 1 trophy back then so it still shows as being completed in under a day. Back then I gave the game a :gold: even though first person shooters aren't my thing because the quality put into the title was still obvious. I suppose in the interim my tolerance for this genre has increased somewhat by playing titles like Destiny and BioShock. I knew the game was panned for being short and took that into consideration in my review and suggested picking it up on sale but it wasn't just that the game was short the story concluded at an unexpected point. Like there was supposed to be an Order: 1887 or some DLC or something but it's been awhile and ... nothing. It was an interesting story that just got cut off prematurely. :unsure:

Evolve - did the same with my retail copy, I think I got like 3-4 bucks cash for it, which isn't bad considering the game is being sold everywhere for a 5er over here xD

FPS games - Sounds like you prefer the traditional FPS over the "spunkgargleweewee" (aka Military shooters) variant.

@Metal Slime King I thought the same thing about The Order 1886 and thought it felt rushed towards the end. Almost like they had more planned for the game, but didn't execute it due to money, resources, and time constraints.

I thought that maybe they'd create DLC or a sequel where you become a vigilante, but I suppose they could always make a sequel sometime in the future (really doubt the dlc now).

I liked the game, but I couldn't justify the $60 price tag when it came out. I snatched it at $5 and felt like I stole it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2018 at 7:53 AM, voodoo_eyes said:

On 9/15/2018 at 2:28 PM, MarkusT1992 said:

Wouldn't it be in November?

It usually is in November. However I got into the graduate program I wanted and have been pretty busy lately. I'm not sure how much time I'll have then. I could always just slap it together and let it run itself like I did last time. Or if someone wants to take it over and show it some love I would be OK with that. Please pm me if interested, but I've only been checking the forums about once a week or so. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hemiak said:

It usually is in November. However I got into the graduate program I wanted and have been pretty busy lately. I'm not sure how much time I'll have then. I could always just slap it together and let it run itself like I did last time. Or if someone wants to take it over and show it some love I would be OK with that. Please pm me if interested, but I've only been checking the forums about once a week or so. 

Congrats! on getting into the graduate program. Best of luck with that! I'll be throwing you a pm then.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Congratulations!  I've looked at going for my Master's as well but work and RL just carry too much unpredictability to really be able to make the commitment.  Best of luck with it!

26 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

Congratulations!  I've looked at going for my Master's as well but work and RL just carry too much unpredictability to really be able to make the commitment.  Best of luck with it!

Same happened with me. I tried to work full time, have hobbies, and do a distance learning Masters program... it was all too much and I dropped out after 2 semesters.

@Hemiak, congrats on getting in your program! That's really awesome that you got the one you wanted :D

Mind sharing what field/focus you're in? I'm curious.