How is it?

Gefro-On-Defro

I haven't had a single crash. But I agree on the lagging of other players and even enemies. One second they are in front of you and then they are not. Which makes aiming difficult :P
But I like the game. I have played the ps3 version as well and can't remember there were this many players in a single game. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheLoneliestPanda said:

My personal opinion is it is a solid game, but has a LOT of major issues at the moment. my game constantly crashes while doing the arkfalls with other players, lagging a lot of the time makes me not want to play. I'd personally say it's worth a try but not in it's current state

I doubt it will get any better, the ps3 version always had the same problems, they only care about their pc users

• Like 2

Trion is an absolute joke to say the least. Patches will be minimal, and few of these issues will ever get even a partial fix. I will get the platinum but after I will never touch this game again. I could have swore when I played the PS3 version there was a lot less lag, more kicks but still less lag.

• Like 2

it's a good background game to play while you are watching TV, but right now I would definitely wait until the game gets patched. It's has a ton of problems like

- Laggy, sometimes to the point of being unplayable

- Weapon XP is broken

- Game has a chance to crash if you open up your map while the game is loading something (4 times for me so far)

- Matchmaking for Co-op maps is broken

-1 broken, unobtainable PVP trophy

- Blacklungs are harder to fight solo then they should be. (regenerate shields/lots of health/you die they get all health back)

That being said, they might give you some compensation for playing the game while it's in this terrible state.

Edited by VanDeaM

3 hours ago, VanDeaM said:

Right now I would definitely wait until the game gets patched.

it's a good background game to play while you are watching TV, but right now I would definitely wait until the game gets patched. It's has a ton of problems like

- Laggy, sometimes to the point of being unplayable

- Weapon XP is broken

- Game has a chance to crash, if you open up your map while the game is loading something (4 times for me so far)

- Matchmaking for Co-op maps is broken

-1 broken, unobtainable PVP trophy

- Blacklungs are harder to fight solo then they should be. (regenerate shields/lots of health/you die they get all health back)

That being said, they might give you some compensation for playing the game while it's in this terrible state.

The weapon XP is soooo broken, I hate it. Been using a Assault rifle from level 1, now level 50 and the guns level is only 5...hopefully they fix it

On 7/10/2018 at 3:53 PM, Yadilie said:

I'm finding it pretty terrible but at least it's a better free experience compared to Neverwinter/Marvel Heroes.

Honestly Neverwinter is better than this game. At least Neverwinter's developers patch their issues and give free content... don't see either from this developer ever happening anytime soon. (Maybe they've changed? but severely doubt it.)

I was one of the ones who bought the ps3 game at launch (loved the show at the time [even though now that I look back the show was pretty awful too LOL]) and i regretted it after about a month of trying to like it. Didn't make it very far because I kept hitting bugs that broke my game (couldn't progress), froze my game, or crashed my game LOL

• Like 1

Weirdly, I have no lag at all playing from Germany with a copy downloaded from the US store. Makes me wonder if they somehow have all their servers in Europe.

Still, weapons XP is really broken.

I have seen one sidemission that resets if you stand in the wrong spot at the wrong time (within the mission area, no less).

Vehicles tend to explode if an enemy looks at them funny

The secret free Dodge is gone. That was a great in-game car. Fast and able to take some punishment

On the positive end, the major hellbug arkfall is now far more doable

They also rebalanced the truck from nigh-invincible (breaking hubworld PvE) to "barely more durable than a quad"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/2/2018 at 7:34 AM, Cyvnyde said:

Wondering what the game is like now since it's been a few months since someone gave an update on it. Is it still pretty laggy? I really enjoyed the PS3 version but the fact it was just broken ruined it for me.

It's very broken and laggy. And also the platinum is unobtainable and will most likely never get fixed since the devs gave the same response to complaints from gamers this time as with the last defiance. And we all know the dlc trophies in that game never got fixed.

3 hours ago, SnowFleurz said:

It's very broken and laggy. And also the platinum is unobtainable and will most likely never get fixed since the devs gave the same response to complaints from gamers this time as with the last defiance. And we all know the dlc trophies in that game never got fixed.

Thanks for the update.

It's like they literally just put the bare minimum effort into porting the thing and that was it. Trophies are one thing but when core aspects of the game are still broken after around 4 years then it gives (potential) players the impression that they really don't care about the game.

• 6 months later...
On 7/10/2018 at 4:48 AM, Gefro-On-Defro said:

For those that have played it, what’re your initial thoughts? Is it worth a download or is it going to be sitting at 10% trophies forever? 

It's addictive, for sure. I wasn't sure about it initially. But then I began to play it and just found it really fun. There's a huge map to explore, optional objectives, an over abundance of enemies to kill, etc. It's seriously fun! It gives off a Crackdown vibe, for anyone who's played that on the Xbox 360. 

• Like 1