It's the PSNP Spelling Bee (yes it rhymes)

28 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

After reading all those talks about spelling names of animals I thought about spelling "Wasp", but sadly there aren't any W-games that are appealing to me. :| And the next one I'm interested in (--> Wreckfest) will release in late November. :shakefist:

And about your missing letters. Some inspirations which should may fit your interests

G: Guacamelee!, Gravity Rush Remastered/Gravity Rush 2

O: Okage (already mentioned by some); Owlboy, Oxenfree

N: Nier/NIer Automata, Nights of Azure

Now that you mention it, I do have Guacamelee! and Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines from PS+ :hmm: . Though Oreshika is a long plat, so don't know if that one is doable. NieR Automata and Nights of Azure are on my wishlist.

6 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Now that you mention it, I do have Guacamelee! and Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines from PS+ :hmm: . Though Oreshika is a long plat, so don't know if that one is doable. NieR Automata and Nights of Azure are on my wishlist.

Oreshika is definitely too long to plat it in the timeframe. The O-games I listed are rather short overall.

And speaking about PS+: Did you redeem the free games EA gave away back in 2014 for the PlayStation Experience?

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-12-06-ea-announces-free-game-giveaway-for-all-playstation-owners

If so, you might have an N-game with Need for Speed: Most Wanted. It's quite easy if you are somehow into racing games. Or maybe New Little King's Story as that was also part of the IGC back in 2013 or 2014.

10 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Oreshika is definitely too long to plat it in the timeframe. The O-games I listed are rather short overall.

And speaking about PS+: Did you redeem the free games EA gave away back in 2014 for the PlayStation Experience?

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-12-06-ea-announces-free-game-giveaway-for-all-playstation-owners

If so, you might have an N-game with Need for Speed: Most Wanted. It's quite easy if you are somehow into racing games. Or maybe New Little King's Story as that was also part of the IGC back in 2013 or 2014.

I might have New Little King's Story, got PS+ around that time so will have to check that. Not looking forward to going through the insanely long list of PS+ games though :P .

10 minutes ago, Jens said:

Guacamelee very much yes. I put my first preorder in forever on Guacamelee 2 because there is just not the slightest doubt in my mind that I'll like it.

I've heard people praise the game a lot. I liked Severed, so hoping Guacamelee! is just as good.

Sorry guys, was away for the weekend! Participants list should now be up to date - if you wanted to join and I somehow missed you, apologies and please shout at me!

On 29/07/2018 at 8:41 AM, malachi1987 said:

I'm going to withdraw to play it safe

Withdraw your chosen word, or from the event entirely? You don't need to have a word picked at all, until the end of the event. And you can play a game of scrabble with whatever games you platted to make a word at the very end.

• Like 1

So here is my final list. After Han_The_Dragon told me about how tough some of my original titles were going to be, I decided to just stick in some easy stuff. I am not too proud to get the badge. :P

Secret of Mana
Adventures of Mana
Nubla
Dark Cloud
World of Final Fantasy
InkSplosion
Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink
Her Majesty's SPIFFING

Yes, I am platting Nubla again, the easiest game in the world. I could have gone for Nightmare from the Deep, but I can't just platinum the first game, I have to plat them all, and I hate Nightmares from the Deep 2 because the Mahjong trophy almost requires a backup save on the cloud because the first hidden-object puzzle is six minutes in and requires skipping a ton of cutscenes every time you restart. Better just to do the Game of Shame and save some time for the really tough games, the S/A/W/D ones. And yes, Dark Cloud is easier than Disgaea 5, but I want to platinum every Level-5 game and Dark Cloud 2, in my opinion, will be put off and put off until Doomsday due to the Medalhead trophy and Finny Frenzy. :(

At least this list is doable in a month especially since I am playing World of Final Fantasy on the Vita so i can multitask with my PS4. (Nubla is probably a cop-out but once I plat it again, I will find a way to erase it from my PS4 so I never have to get tempted by it ever again, another nail in the coffin for any plans for my inner child to ruin my promises and create another account.)

Edited by DragonQuest238

Had a look through my profile and managed to find games I've started for every letter of my word except a, I do have some I could do for a but I don't fancy any of them. If I manage to do them all then it'll get rid of 14 e ranks off my profile and raise my completion % nicely which is my long term goal for this year. 

This is an ambitious list and to be honest I really can't see myself managing to finish it, but if I write it down i will at least have something to work towards.

D- Dragon age 2

I- I am setsuna 

S- Saints row the third

C- Crossing souls

O- Oh sir! The insult simulator

M- Marvel ultimate alliance 2

B- Batman arkham origins: blackgate 

O- Onechanbara z2 chaos 

B- Battleship

U- Uncharted 3

L- Lego...... undecided, 3 to choose from

A- Aer 

T- The elder scrolls Skyrim vr 

E- Eyepet 

D- Dragon's dogma

Edited by wolverine123
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Kristycism said:

Sorry guys, was away for the weekend! Participants list should now be up to date - if you wanted to join and I somehow missed you, apologies and please shout at me!

Withdraw your chosen word, or from the event entirely? You don't need to have a word picked at all, until the end of the event. And you can play a game of scrabble with whatever games you platted to make a word at the very end.

Entirely, with me earning plays quick lately I don't wanna ruin my 100 plat milestone with a silly game like i did for my 50th lol

After some thinking, my preliminary word is going to be TULIP. We'll see how the month goes, I may flip some letters around. 

Tearaway Unfolded

Until Dawn

Lone Survivor

InFamous Second Son

PixelJunk Nom Nom Galaxy

1 hour ago, malachi1987 said:

Entirely, with me earning plays quick lately I don't wanna ruin my 100 plat milestone with a silly game like i did for my 50th lol

Okie dokie, I'll remove you from the list then :) if you change your mind in the future though, you're more than welcome to come back :) 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

2018-07-29-203040.jpg
Sephiroth does not approve. :P

Why are you doing KH2 on Proud? If you completed it on Critical you will get the Proud Player trophy. Critical is more dangerous because you only get half as many HP boosts so your HP is much lower but you need to do that mode to get Critical Competitor anyways. (The enemies don't do triple damage or anything, it is still as tough as on Proud but it gets tougher because you have less of an HP barrier to protect you.)

(I do agree that Ice Cream Beat is the Devil's Handbook but I am going to torture myself with the Master modes once to get the platinum.)

Also, I don't think that receiving Mirages with mastered boards counts. It's okay because I've already started the game and played to Chapter 5 and gotten 7 trophies already and imprismed enough Mirages to master 50 boards. (Yes, I think that each silver star mastery counts so if you get the gold, that is because you got a ton of silvers for mastering multiple Mirage Boards if the Mirage has multiple transfiggys. That's why I have to ink out my last statement as I thought that you needed to master 100 full mirage boards, not just each transfiggy.)

Progress:

Secret of Mana (PS4 version) (not bought yet)
Adventures of Mana (1%, 1 trophy)
(N)ew title pending (since I was told Ni No Kuni 1 can't be platted in one month)

Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengance (not played yet, it's downloaded; might work on that tonight)

World of Final Fantasy (10%, 7 trophies)

Inksplosion (Vita version) (not bought yet)

Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink (not downloaded yet)

Her Majesty's SPIFFING (not downloaded yet)

Then maybe I was doing Critical.. I only remember that it was the last playthrough that I need for the plat.. 

12 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I thought about spelling "Dragon" too, but was missing "gon".

No bonus points for spelling "Scrabble"?

So are you going for Dragon too? I actually though that you would be thinking in going for it too ?

I can revert to Angel if needed (so that we don't use the same word), and I'm not set in stone yet. I missed the cheap copy of Earth's Dawn that I was aiming for, so I will need to keep looking for a cheap alternative to Enslaved, if I go for "Angel" . 

I could also go for "Dogma", since D and M aren't that hard for me to get and the 3 other letters are from Dragon anyway.. 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

12 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I can revert to Angel if needed (so that we don't use the same word), and I'm not set in stone yet. I missed the cheap copy of Earth's Dawn that I was aiming for, so I will need to keep looking for a cheap alternative to Enslaved, if I go for "Angel" . 

I could also go for "Dogma", since D and M aren't that hard for me to get and the 3 other letters are from Dragon anyway.. 

Nah, I'm just going to play whatever and see if something can be spelled with that. Besides, even if I was going for the word "Dragon", that doesn't mean others can't spell the same word.

3 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nah, I'm just going to play whatever and see if something can be spelled with that. Besides, even if I was going for the word "Dragon", that doesn't mean others can't spell the same word.

OK, an ya, there's no rule saying that more then 1 person can't spell the same word, but I didn't want to use the same word as someone else. 

I'm still more tempted to attempt "Angel" than "Dragon" for some reason.. I was able to get a copy of Earth's Dawn for 15€, so I don't need to stress over Enslaved if I go for "Angel" too! But I'm still working on my milestone (+ foresee some troubles IRL..), so things aren't looking good for me to plat so many games until the end of September.. 

3 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

OK, an ya, there's no rule saying that more then 1 person can't spell the same word, but I didn't want to use the same word as someone else. 

I'm still more tempted to attempt "Angel" than "Dragon" for some reason.. I was able to get a copy of Earth's Dawn for 15€, so I don't need to stress over Enslaved if I go for "Angel" too! But I'm still working on my milestone (+ foresee some troubles IRL..), so things aren't looking good for me to plat so many games until the end of September.. 

Nice, I remember that Persona 5 cover image request with Angel and Succubus. Guessing it's a tribute to that persona?

Which game are you planning to use for the next milestone?

16 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nice, I remember that Persona 5 cover image request with Angel and Succubus. Guessing it's a tribute to that persona?

Which game are you planning to use for the next milestone?

Yes, that Angel (actually I love the Angel and Succubus art from persona since I first saw it in Nocturn ages ago..). 

My current milestone is the 11k (evenif it's not a real milestone for the profile), with Shining Resonance JPN, but I got a bit stuck.. I managed to win the fight that I was stuck on, but had to use all my resources, making the boss impossible to win.. Since there's no store or save point between that fight and the boss.. 

My next real milestone is the 200th Plat, that will likely be Dark Cloud 2, but I still have quite a lot of plats to get before that one.. 

18 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Yes, that Angel (actually I love the Angel and Succubus art from persona since I first saw it in Nocturn ages ago..). 

My current milestone is the 11k (evenif it's not a real milestone for the profile), with Shining Resonance JPN, but I got a bit stuck.. I managed to win the fight that I was stuck on, but had to use all my resources, making the boss impossible to win.. Since there's no store or save point between that fight and the boss.. 

My next real milestone is the 200th Plat, that will likely be Dark Cloud 2, but I still have quite a lot of plats to get before that one.. 

You could spell "Succubus" and use Shining Resonance? I see you haven't played any Uncharted games, so the Uncharted Remaster trilogy is perfect for 3 U's. For the C you could play Cat Quest, Clannad, Caladrius Blaze, or Catherine. B could be Bloodborne.

5 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

No rule at all :) Actually it would be interesting to see if anyone spells the same word (minus the Bonus word of course).

I have started my S prep with Swap Quest. It seems like an alright game so far but it is really pushing the "nostalgia" feel that so many games try for. I guess it works for some people but I end up rolling my eyes at most of it since it is rarely done well.

4 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

You could spell "Succubus" and use Shining Resonance? I see you haven't played any Uncharted games, so the Uncharted Remaster trilogy is perfect for 3 U's. For the C you could play Cat Quest, Clannad, Caladrius Blaze, or Catherine. B could be Bloodborne.

Not enough time for that.. I actually though about it too.. Also, I don't like Uncharted (but considered Utawarerumono games), Catherine is postponed indefinitely along Bloodborne, but I have Batman (actually I also though in spelling Batman, using a Batman game for the start..). 

And I think Shining Resonance isn't allowed, because the trophy list is in Kanji (I think..), it's actually the game that I will be using for the Japanese Lover on the A-Z Platinum Challenge event. 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

This sounds pretty neat! Consider me a contestant. Probably going to go with:

T - Transformers: Devastation 

E - An energy game. Sorry... I know :(

- LBP: Karting

L - Lego LOTR or LBP 1

- Transformers: Fall of Cybertron 

- Absolver

- Lego the Hobbit

- Elite Dangerous... but this'll probably end up being an Energy game :/

I know, Telltale without any Telltale games :P

Well, the OP said I could change my games and word at any time before the event starts, and that means 13 days to redo everything.

In other words, I am dropping the word I had submitted because Casslyvania and I had a bit of a chat about whether I should submit myself to crappy games again so I am rethinking my priorities. I will probably plat them much later in my life but for now I want to...

Mini Midnight: Just admit it, you're already working on Clockwork Tales and will plat it as your 10th platinum milestone!

Okay, so I am. That removes it from the letter pool and I don't have any really good games I want to play which start with the letter C after that, so I can't use any words with C in them. I'll come up with something. Also, @Dr_Mayus, while I will plat Yooka-Laylee, I am submitting it as part of Jem's SURPASS YOUR LIMITS! list. So far he hasn't added me because he didn't trust me not to create a new account but he didn't ban me from the event and I want to spell another word, a Pokemon's name actually, with the titles of my list there, PSYDUCK. Yooka-Laylee is the Y in that word. Also, Unravel, which I also have in my backlog, is in that list. I could try Undertale but I am not sure I would like it even though it's one of those "final boss optional" trophy lists.

I'll come up with something.

11 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Well, the OP said I could change my games and word at any time before the event starts, and that means 13 days to redo everything.

In other words, I am dropping the word I had submitted because Casslyvania and I had a bit of a chat about whether I should submit myself to crappy games again so I am rethinking my priorities. I will probably plat them much later in my life but for now I want to...

Mini Midnight: Just admit it, you're already working on Clockwork Tales and will plat it as your 10th platinum milestone!

Okay, so I am. That removes it from the letter pool and I don't have any really good games I want to play which start with the letter C after that, so I can't use any words with C in them. I'll come up with something. Also, @Dr_Mayus, while I will plat Yooka-Laylee, I am submitting it as part of Jem's SURPASS YOUR LIMITS! list. So far he hasn't added me because he didn't trust me not to create a new account but he didn't ban me from the event and I want to spell another word, a Pokemon's name actually, with the titles of my list there, PSYDUCK. Yooka-Laylee is the Y in that word. Also, Unravel, which I also have in my backlog, is in that list. I could try Undertale but I am not sure I would like it even though it's one of those "final boss optional" trophy lists.

I'll come up with something.

You got time to think of it :)

I hope you enjoy Yooka. As I said in my review it was fun to go back to the RARE platformer but it is not a game that would bring new people to the genre.

Okay, I think I have gotten a nice five-letter word which I can  do in a 48 day marathon, considering that I have other games to work on...

Secret of Mana
World of Final Fantasy

Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas

RiMe
Dark Cloud

Sort of generic but it works and I only have to purchase Secret of Mana, the rest are on my PS4. All of these games are at 0% except World of Final Fantasy, which I am prepping so I don't have to earn too much when the event starts.

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 3