NaseemJohn

Death’s Gambit Trophy Thoughts

66 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, rubhen925 said:

well i think i will pass on this game till it goes on sale or till my hand recovers a bit lol. Been playing Dead Cells non stop and my carpal tunnel is becoming worse. That final trophy is kind of lame and awesome at the same time. maybe one day i will go for it

Dead Cells is a TRUE masterpiece, my God is a Drug *_* can't stop playing seriously. I'm on stem boss cell 2 a long journey for platinum, but is fun, really fun 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Neme-ita said:

Dead Cells is a TRUE masterpiece, my God is a Drug *_* can't stop playing seriously. I'm on stem boss cell 2 a long journey for platinum, but is fun, really fun 

Stem cell 4 run now.... my hands are killing me but that number 2 platinum in the world sounds good to me :P

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, rubhen925 said:

Stem cell 4 run now.... my hands are killing me but that number 2 platinum in the world sounds good to me :P

 

I believe in you my friend. I go for plat, but not "rushing" love the game and love playing killing everyone, everytime :D 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That final trophy sure is interesting :) But like 99% of all games . After awhile tips, tricks and tactics show up

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

You can even defeat Salt and Sanctuary's final boss within half an hour.

 

Probably glitching which basically cheating the game, not legit in my eyes. Im not denying the guys are great at the game but glitching doesnt make it anything special

 

Bloodborne can be glitched in half hr, but again, wheres the accomplishment from glitching, I just wouldnt feel any personally

 

 

That said, it does seem an easy list apart for the last one. As for difficulty, S&S can be platted by a beginner in 10hrs if they had a efficient walkthrough to follow and I think this may be similar

 

Its all abt knowing OP early builds, mot OP late game builds

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

 

Even without glitching: https://www.speedrun.com/Salt_and_Sanctuary#Any_No_Major_Glitches

 

Glitches can cut it down to 5 minutes or less.

 

Damn, that is good, they reallyvhave mastered the game. Thats literally a constant sprint killing any bosses in less than 20 secs

 

I was always attracted to platinum speedruns myself. Any of them, bet those jedis could speed plat in few hrs

 

 

 

39 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

.

 

 

Edited by optimusmart
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think im gonna get this. Next TW should be done in a few days, this could be a nice wind down

 

Just to let u all know though, there is no map or fast travel

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hour time should be fairly manageable once you know the game. The game as a whole seems a lot smaller than Salt and Sanctuary just going off the first few areas. Bosses aren't really damage spongey either, will mostly come down to knowing how to dodge their attacks. 

 

I'm not really sure I like how the dodge works, though that's likely just me coming off playing Dead Cells which plays way faster than this does. Much less of i-frame space in this, so you have to know which direction you want to be going or whether it's better to dodge with a jump.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gage said:

4 hour time should be fairly manageable once you know the game. The game as a whole seems a lot smaller than Salt and Sanctuary just going off the first few areas. Bosses aren't really damage spongey either, will mostly come down to knowing how to dodge their attacks. 

 

This is what I think as well given it has no fast travel. U have ur horse but I cant see the map being that big

 

Are u getting it 2day? If u r can u let me know how it is

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gage said:

I'm not really sure I like how the dodge works, though that's likely just me coming off playing Dead Cells which plays way faster than this does. Much less of i-frame space in this, so you have to know which direction you want to be going or whether it's better to dodge with a jump.

 

Yes, I am having a hard time adjusting to this game after Dead Cells. Having to be mindful of a stamina bar after the pace of Dead Cells takes a lot of getting used to. Not being able to use the d-pad to move is throwing me off as well.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

 

Yes, I am having a hard time adjusting to this game after Dead Cells. Having to be mindful of a stamina bar after the pace of Dead Cells takes a lot of getting used to. Not being able to use the d-pad to move is throwing me off as well.

There’s no dpad?? I can’t use the analog on these games. Shit. I preordered this, but deffo not gonna touch it for a long time, TIL dead cells is gonna from my memory.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gefro-On-Defro said:

There’s no dpad?? I can’t use the analog on these games. Shit. I preordered this, but deffo not gonna touch it for a long time, TIL dead cells is gonna from my memory.

 

Analog control only unfortunately. The d-pad is used for selecting items and interacting with objects. Would have been nice to have the option to swap the two.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive heard most bosses can be cheesed with grenades, apparently takes 5-10 thrown to kill a boss

 

Bear in mind guys if anyones having.trouble

Edited by optimusmart
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is glitch might happen if you learn Soul trigger from talent tree. if it happen Soul trigger will be in every slot and you won't be able to learn any new skill. 

 

HzhTNPs.jpg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, z-Blazee said:

There is glitch might happen if you learn Soul trigger from talent tree. if it happen Soul trigger will be in every slot and you won't be able to learn any new skill. 

 

HzhTNPs.jpg

 

Look on the bright side, at least u dont need to.worry about running out of soul triggers ;)

 

 

Ive been hearing.this is quite.glitchy, Deaths Glitch is the name it seems to be picking up

 

Im gonna give the game a miss for now, I just dont have the time to get to it

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the exact same glitch, it's really annoying i can't learn other skills...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also found that if you try to talk to one of the characters in the Sanctuary after a certain point the game crashes 100% of the time. 

 

Trophy for killing one of the bosses might be bugged as well. Friend of mine has finished the game and hasn't earned the trophy which he should have got. You have the option to fight said boss in heroic before ending the playthrough so it would seem it doesn't pop. 

 

It doesn't force you into NG+ though, so once you beat the final boss you can go back and clean up and do everything else in heroic. 

Edited by Gage
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Gage said:

It doesn't force you into NG+ though, so once you beat the final boss you can go back and clean up and do everything else in heroic. 

Yeah but it will be easier to do heroic in NG+  cause the level cap in NG is lv 150

Edited by z-Blazee
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, z-Blazee said:

Yeah but it will be easier to do heroic in NG+  cause the level cap in NG is lv 150

 

Oh that's fair then, didn't even realize there was a level cap. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gage said:

I also found that if you try to talk to one of the characters in the Sanctuary after a certain point the game crashes 100% of the time. 

 

Trophy for killing one of the bosses might be bugged as well. Friend of mine has finished the game and hasn't earned the trophy which he should have got. You have the option to fight said boss in heroic before ending the playthrough so it would seem it doesn't pop. 

 

It doesn't force you into NG+ though, so once you beat the final boss you can go back and clean up and do everything else in heroic. 

 

 

How long did it take him, keen to see if that 4 hour trophy is possible. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, SecondGenesis said:

How long did it take him, keen to see if that 4 hour trophy is possible. 

 

Much longer than 4 hours. 

 

Based on just the size of the game (I'm right before each of the two bosses prior to the final boss) the 4 hour time will be the least of your worries. Once you know where to go in each area and know you can just skip enemies actually getting around won't take that much time.  Actually beating the bosses at level 1 will be the issue. Pretty sure the last few will borderline one shot you at level 1, and from what I've got there isn't a massive stat bonus from armor items/upgrades. Unless someone finds some easy strategies or outright exploits I think this is likely going to be like a 9/10. 

Edited by Gage
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Gage said:

 

Much longer than 4 hours. 

 

Based on just the size of the game (I'm right before each of the two bosses prior to the final boss) the 4 hour time will be the least of your worries. Once you know where to go in each area and know you can just skip enemies actually getting around won't take that much time.  Actually beating the bosses at level 1 will be the issue. Pretty sure the last few will borderline one shot you at level 1, and from what I've got there isn't a massive stat bonus from armor items/upgrades. Unless someone finds some easy strategies or outright exploits I think this is likely going to be like a 9/10. 

 

Yep i did a level 1 run with the blood knight which was decent as i got health back on exchanges. Got to the Bysurge boss and got one shot....... 3 hours wasted.

 

I think i will pass on this trophy lol. The game also crashed on me twice so no thanks for that headaches

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gage said:

 

Much longer than 4 hours. 

 

Based on just the size of the game (I'm right before each of the two bosses prior to the final boss) the 4 hour time will be the least of your worries. Once you know where to go in each area and know you can just skip enemies actually getting around won't take that much time.  Actually beating the bosses at level 1 will be the issue. Pretty sure the last few will borderline one shot you at level 1, and from what I've got there isn't a massive stat bonus from armor items/upgrades. Unless someone finds some easy strategies or outright exploits I think this is likely going to be like a 9/10. 

Sounds good. I’ll attempt it but are any of the bugs problematic? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.