Spyro Reignited Trilogy Delayed Until November 13th Now

DrakeHellsing

@Maxie Mouse Yong has a great reputation. If you haven't watched the video, he explains how his source came to him a week ago and gave him details of the delay before the public announcement, and said that all games weren't gonna be on the disc because they weren't meeting their deadline. Yong is one of the most trustworthy people you could hope to have this scoop.

That said, I'm hoping they make the all physical announcement at Gamescom next week.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, grifteskymfning said:

I hope this is true. Even though some are saying this is a reliable source, I won't believe it until it's official.

7 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

I can see this push back to November as good for me for several reasons:

(1) Dragon Quest XI comes out in two weeks and I was worried I have to spend $200 on both it and this.

(2) I can ask my sisters to make a contribution to rescuing homeless Pikachus for my birthday. xD

(3) It works out perfectly: I can spend my big $$$$ next month on Dragon Quest XI, spend my big $$$$ in October on Disgaea 1 Complete(which I really want to platinum) and Spyro can be my November platinum $$$$. Sadly, Nintendo gets shafted until the holidays, sorry Switch. I don't play you anyways. :(

Mini-Midnight: "Crap on toast! I wanted to kill some rhynocs in September!" ?

At least it works out for you. :)

44 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Maybe Spider-Man can tide me over till then :dunno:

You and me both.  Wasn't going to get Spidey at first, since September was to be Spyro month for me.  But now that it's moved, gonna get Spidey when it releases (probably pre-order the week it comes out).

• Like 1

On 8/17/2018 at 5:40 AM, Lance_87 said:

It's because of the physical copy debacle.

It's because the second and third game aren't finished, and the game is supposed to launch next month. 

It's hilarious that some people (like the OP) think it's a bad idea to push the game back. The more polish it gets, the better the final result. Activision is out of their minds for trying to push it so quickly.

I do think Toys For Bob are also trying to convince them to let them put all the games on the disc, since there's way too many upset nerds threatening not to buy the game unless they do have them all on disc.

I'm aware that last sentence is what you basically said. Then again, that train of thought has been echoed a few thousand times over the last few days. I'm just saying the primary reason for the delay is that those games aren't finished. There's a chance they can still be put on the physical copy of the game, but I wouldn't be surprised if the delay is solely to polish up Spyro 2 and 3.

Edited by Valyrious
  • Like 1