Buggy trophies?

ThaiChi

Not sure if anyone else had issues with "practice makes perfect" but it didn't unlock for me the first time through. Luckily I had a save right before I attempted it and got it afterward. I also had (have) an issue with Gacha Catcha III. From my count I have over 50 collectables, not counting the ones the game apparently starts you out with. I'm probably miscounting, but has anyone else had any issues with the Gacha count?

37 minutes ago, ThaiChi said:

Not sure if anyone else had issues with "practice makes perfect" but it didn't unlock for me the first time through. Luckily I had a save right before I attempted it and got it afterward. I also had (have) an issue with Gacha Catcha III. From my count I have over 50 collectables, not counting the ones the game apparently starts you out with. I'm probably miscounting, but has anyone else had any issues with the Gacha count?

Gacha unlocked dead on 50 for me - don't include any of the animal ones and once you hit 50 unique ones, it should unlock. 

I didn't have a problem getting the 50 toys trophy. Popped straight away.

I read somewhere that with the practice makes perfect trophy, that it only pops once you get the letter that needs to be translated. Once you've got the letter go straight to the dojo before getting it translated. I'm just coming up to the letter bit so will test the theory out.

I think once you've had it translated you may have missed the trophy?

I had the same thing happen to me with Practice and Gacha (II and III). Had to reload a save right before dojo and the practice trophy unlocked during the cutscene. As for Gacha; it finally popped for me after 60 capsules. You gotta keep spending until the game lets you have it. Hopefully they'll get patched.

Edited by demonoutcast

7 hours ago, Borsuk_2 said:

I cant unlock Treasure Your Friends ;( It just saying its nothing special

I had to do it right at the beginning. Start a new game and go straight to the dojo - after the fight with Fuk, go back in and L2 look at the sign, that will trigger it. I found all 3 flashbacks have to be done before anything else.

I don't know if there are issues with it but I can confirm that "Treasure your friends" is missable. On the other hand, I got "Appropriate response" far into the story: 

Spoiler

When I reached the Harbor and had to gather info about the Mad Angels. I wanted to try what the Police would have to say about them, but Ryo said the same "I don't want the Police involved" as when you call them at the beginning of the game. I don't know if there are different events or conversations with the Police, but maybe the Trophy unlocked for me because I got the same line of dialogue. So, the Trophy might be buggy in a good way.

On 30/08/2018 at 3:46 AM, coldwater147 said:

I got this trophy after came back from Warehouse 8, might be the 3rd time doing practice with Fuku-san. so i think it's only concerned with how many times but not when.

I thought this as well at first, but then I tried (on a blank user) saving immediately before my first attempt, and then reloading when I didn't get the trophy.  Only had to reload the once, it popped as soon as I reloaded and tried again.

(Not quoted the above post as I noticed you already got it when checking how far you were in the story.  But if anyone else wonders, you need to get the trophy before you start working at the harbour, as you won't get time to free roam in the mornings after that. So your last chance is when you start looking for work.)

On 2018/9/5 at 5:44 PM, StacFace92 said:

I thought this as well at first, but then I tried (on a blank user) saving immediately before my first attempt, and then reloading when I didn't get the trophy.  Only had to reload the once, it popped as soon as I reloaded and tried again.

(Not quoted the above post as I noticed you already got it when checking how far you were in the story.  But if anyone else wonders, you need to get the trophy before you start working at the harbour, as you won't get time to free roam in the mornings after that. So your last chance is when you start looking for work.)

i guess it may be randomly buggy, thanks for pointing it out , and hope this could help anyone stucked.

today sega announed the update patch for ps4 version will be released two weeks later???

I had a dabble for a hour at release, and this game hasnt been touched much to be honest

The mecahnics appear buggy af. I'd be weary off every trophy glitching to be honest

I still found the game fun still and would love to get back to it at some time, just no time right now

Its a real lazy port, the fact they left the dreamcast controller icons in the controller menu reflects that

I honestly cant wait for 3 nxt yr

Edited by optimusmart

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Old thread but just an fyi to anyone wanting to start or play this, all the trophies are 100 % obtainable and not glitchey anymore . I never at one point had to reload at any point. I believe the last patch they did fix all of the problems with the trophies not unlocking. Just make sure to check up on the trophy guide posted here to not miss out on any of the missables.

• 2 months later...

Just going to leave this information regarding the "Cat Burglar" trophy here for anybody that needs it in the future. There is a lot of misinformation about this trophy out there including on this site's trophy guide. Not everyone has this issue but it's extremely frustrating when it happens to you. This trophy wasn't unlocking for me after feeding the cat and talking to Nozomi endlessly throughout the game. I understand that other people often have an issue with this trophy. I did a lot of reading online for tips about getting this trophy, however everyone seemed a little clueless about what actually triggers the cutscene you need to get this trophy. Turns out that on the day that you trigger the cutscene where Nozomi says that the cat is missing (the day after you show the phoenix mirror to Master Chen), there must be clear skies (it must not be raining or snowing) to get the cat spawned at the bottom of the stairs. This means that for getting this trophy you must not show the phoenix mirror to Master Chen on a day before it will rain or snow. To check that the weather will be ok the next day you can dial 177 on the phone to check the next day's weather. It may say that the day begins with clear skies and this is ok, you will have enough time to get to Nozomi before it snows or rains.

To recap: if you are having trouble with this trophy then play the game up to when you find the phoenix mirror but before you show it to Master Chen. Then dial 177 on the phone to check tomorrow's weather. If you are told that there is a part of tomorrow that is "fine" then show the phoenix mirror to Master Chen and after the cutscene you will wake up the next day. If not wait until the next day and check the weather (repeat until you are told that the weather is "fine" tomorrow). Walk up to Nozomi at the time of day where the weather is fine, talk to her and the cat will spawn under the stairs as it should.

Additionally, contrary to what almost everyone thinks and writes on trophy guides, you do not actually need to be feeding the cat regularly, in fact you do not need to feed it at all. However, you do need to talk to Nozomi a few times to trigger those cutscenes with her before you get to showing the phoenix mirror to Master Chen.

Hope this saves endless hours of research for other people online in the future.