V-Rally 4 Trophy Thoughts

Shaowsintzu

Seems to be the revival of the V-Rally franchise which has very nice trophy art, the Online trophies look straight forward and simple with the requirement of finishing 25 Online races for each vehicle class that's 125 races altogether not bad at all, Oh! by the way added bonus the game has Local Couch Split-Screen as well so invite a friend over and race against one another like old times.

Enjoy!!

Edited by Shaowsintzu

17 minutes ago, maurjen said:

damn online is the scary part

I can see why but with 125 races being the amount needed to complete the Online portion of this trophy list I see no phasing that's indicative of the need to win, so we're in luck because regardless whether we win or lose, taking first or last place in the race it will still count to the accumulative amount we need to obtain the Online trophies.

You get a trophy just for participation.......in 125 races of course. ?

it should be easy don't stress it. 

In fact you need to complete 200 races, look at Stakhanovist. It will be hell to get it if this game don't sell well one or two months after the launch because the lobbies will get empty in a flash, like every game in the WRC or MotoGP series. Also, there is Dakar launching 4 days latter that will rob some of the sales, so I'm even less optimistic about the sales.

The developer is the same than the WRC series, and the lobby system that they use is REALLY inefficient, you take more time waiting to everyone seeing the results, getting back in the lobby, selecting the course, selecting the car and starting again takes more time than the race per se in the shorter circuits, and even more annoying, sometimes the game bugs on you and robs you of some finishes, even punishing you because you quit during the race, when in reality the game crashed in the result screen. If they don't streamline it, it will be hell to complete, even with the servers populated. At least, without needing to win, we can make a giant lobby with everyone in need of a boost instead of working with pairs.

Edit: And I really think that they only revived the V-Rally brand because it seems that Codemasters got the WRC license.

Edited by ElBolovo
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ElBolovo said:

In fact you need to complete 200 races, look at Stakhanovist. It will be hell to get it if this game don't sell well one or two months after the launch because the lobbies will get empty in a flash, like every game in the WRC or MotoGP series. Also, there is Dakar launching 4 days latter that will rob some of the sales, so I'm even less optimistic about the sales.

The developer is the same than the WRC series, and the lobby system that they use is REALLY inefficient, you take more time waiting to everyone seeing the results, getting back in the lobby, selecting the course, selecting the car and starting again takes more time than the race per se in the shorter circuits, and even more annoying, sometimes the game bugs on you and robs you of some finishes, even punishing you because you quit during the race, when in reality the game crashed in the result screen. If they don't streamline it, it will be hell to complete, even with the servers populated. At least, without needing to win, we can make a giant lobby with everyone in need of a boost instead of working with pairs.

Oh! Your right I didn't notice Stakhanovist and I especially skimmed over Hat trick which requires you to win 3 Quick Games races, my apologies very negligent mistake on my part.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Shaowsintzu said:

Oh! Your right I didn't notice Stakhanovist and I especially skimmed over Hat trick which requires you to win 3 Quick Games races, my apologies very negligent mistake on my part.

Not your fault at all, I missed Hat Trick myself. Hat trick should be easy when the online inevitably turns into a barren wasteland.

It will be way easier than the WRC 6 and 7 that you needed to win 25 times in one mode, 10 in another, and do some random things while online, but will take longer. I just did some calculations, and I'm expecting about 14 to 20 hours depending on the track sizes if the online system stays the same as the WRC games.

Overall it seems quite doable, but:

1 hour ago, zer007uk said:

Fk online trophies.

this!

I don't mind if there's a need to play a few races in each online mode like let's say 10 or so but 200 in total? Especially when ending a race will surely mean that you have to hope that others won't quit when they are about to lose and therefor canceling the current race.

I was thinking of getting this as I have the plat for pretty much every PS4 racing game but I don’t think I can face another huge pointless grind with inevitably glitched trophies. Wrc6 and 7 were massive grinds and this looks like it will take around the same amount of time. I wish devs would stop putting this kind of stuff in to artificially extend the game length. If the game takes 30hours why make us sit there grinding for another 40 when everything else is done?! I would rather see difficulty related trophies that are a lot more rewarding to earn.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Warlord99956 said:

I was thinking of getting this as I have the plat for pretty much every PS4 racing game but I don’t think I can face another huge pointless grind with inevitably glitched trophies. Wrc6 and 7 were massive grinds and this looks like it will take around the same amount of time. I wish devs would stop putting this kind of stuff in to artificially extend the game length. If the game takes 30hours why make us sit there grinding for another 40 when everything else is done?! I would rather see difficulty related trophies that are a lot more rewarding to earn.

That was the reason why i skipped WRC 7 because it was the same bullshit grind like WRC 6. I will still go for it eventually if there is nothing to play. But the grind in those don't make any sense. As it comes for challenging trophy list, yeah that's fun rather than pointless grinding. You can put TT Isle Of Man on that list for sure and GT Sport.

Edited by TazDevilz1986

• 2 weeks later...

The trophy Stakhanovist , you have to make 200 online events combined, i done it 201 with  for example: 31 rally, 61 hillclimb, 40 rallycross, 25 gymkhana and  30 buggy.

But don´t get the trophy. Could be a bug?? 

Any ideas?

I thought i have to make 25 races with all categories and then just do it events online, doesn´t matter what event is until done 200 races.

PS: got it after more 4 races (204) could be worst lol

Edited by RisingSun80

• 1 month later...
On 8-11-2018 at 5:08 PM, Anke said:

Are the online races trophies for online races in:

Multiplayer | Online Multiplayer | ...

or

V-Rally Mode | Online Hub | ...

The statistics just seem to list the online races I've done in Multiplayer | Online Multiplayer.

You could maybe test a few races out in Online Hub. If others can confirm as well if Online Hub counts for the trophies, that will be helpful. I will test this tommorow maybe till 25 games and see if my trophy pops. Just did like 8 online games so far in ''Online Multiplayer''.

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2018 at 3:29 AM, TazDevilz1986 said:

You could maybe test a few races out in Online Hub. If others can confirm as well if Online Hub counts for the trophies, that will be helpful. I will test this tommorow maybe till 25 games and see if my trophy pops. Just did like 8 online games so far in ''Online Multiplayer''.

Just back from an away break, how did you get on? Did you pop the trophy?

2 hours ago, Anke said:

Just back from an away break, how did you get on? Did you pop the trophy?

I can confirm (my friend as well since i did the online with him), that ''Online Hub'' does not count for the online trophies they don't register in ''Extra menu''. You most do them in ''Online Multiplayer'' to trigger the online trophies.

''Online Hub'' is very good for farming money to buy all the cars later on. I finished btw 200 online games and my trophy popped exactly at 200. Also make sure to finish the race, because DNF does not COUNT.

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

I can confirm (my friend as well since i did the online with him), that ''Online Hub'' does not count for the online trophies they don't register in ''Extra menu''. You most do them in ''Online Multiplayer'' to trigger the online trophies.

''Online Hub'' is very good for farming money to buy all the cars later on. I finished btw 200 online games and my trophy popped exactly at 200. Also make sure to finish the race, because DNF does not COUNT.

Thank you, good to know.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...