Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition Anniversary bundle

It's available to pre-order now (in North America at least), costs $99,99, and includes the following:

• Set of 3 Acrylics Character Keychains - Yuri, Patty, Flynn
  • Repede Metal Case
  • Tales of Vesperia: Memorial Art Book
  • Exclusive Diorama Display Case Stage 
  • Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition - Full Game

https://www.bandainamcoentstore.com/product/496044/tales-of-vesperia-definitive-edition-anniversary-bundle-ps4

ee7650912ffdf7e87467ac675f4ddbc1_875_492

America gets the Anniversary Bundle and Europe/Southeast Asia get the Premium Edition This is what the Premium Edition looks like.

b1a88bcc4cda604d90e8b90185241b20_1920_KR.jpg

I think I prefer the Premium Edition overall, mainly because of the box and soundtrack. I wish us Europeans got those keychains, but oh well. I'm gonna pre-order it now.

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 3

The US version is pretty disappointing. $100 and all we get is a case, an artbook, and some keychains? It would have been way better if they had done figures like they did with basically all of the other Tales of CE. Even just having the soundtrack like the EU version would have been way better. Guess I'll just pass this time. 

• Like 1

The steelbook case is nice, but I can't help but think these 'extra editions' have gone downhill over the last few years. We've gone from getting quality models like in Symphonia, Xillia and Xillia 2, to some cheap pins, stickers, a few cards or some keychains and some folded cardboard. I hate to say it but even Ubisoft offers better value.

Separate steelbook version would have been nice, the Tales games have been pretty good with their collector's editions tat (best steelbook I have is definitely the Xillia 2 case), but otherwise, can't really justify that amount for an old ass game, not worth it at all IMO. Though, tbh, I wasn't the biggest fan of Vesperia the first time round, so that might be shaping my view here, but I did like it enough to want to pick this up down the line at some point.

1 hour ago, Xillia said:

Ehhh... the art book is nice I guess...

Do people even listen to the soundtracks? I don't think my PC even has a CD-ROM anymore.

tbh I'd just like a steel case with the regular cover art on it.

In the USA at least, 90% of cars have CD players. Brand new ones may have finally dropped it though, I'm not sure.

Anyway, it's handy to own an external USB Blu-ray drive, so you can use discs when needed.

19 hours ago, Xillia said:

Ehhh... the art book is nice I guess...

Do people even listen to the soundtracks? I don't think my PC even has a CD-ROM anymore.

tbh I'd just like a steel case with the regular cover art on it.

Further, the recordings on the CD are usually just the compressed crap you could get on a download. I don't understand the point of using a CD if you aren't going to make full use of the capability.