Kill Your Completion ∞

On 29-11-2018 at 0:17 PM, DamagingRob said:

Game #10

L7a5b7a.png

Final Fantasy XV- Day 1

Technically, all I've played is Comrades, so that's the reason for its image being placed. Lol. I don't know what to make of this multiplayer... I'm already over 10 hours in, and have no idea what I'm doing. Likely going to lead to it taking me a lot longer than other people. I see a lot of stuff on the forums about what to farm and build in the endgame. But I need to make some decent shit to get there first, and I don't know how to go about doing that.. I'm starting to think Monster Hunter-type games are really not for me. Had the same struggles with Freedom Wars, and not knowing what to farm or create.

Basically, the premise of this multiplayer is simple. You go out on missions, with or without other people, and earn watts and gil for completing them. You then use the watts on a map thing to unlock nodes, which unlock more stuff. Rinse and repeat until you've unlocked everything. Simple, yeah? The problem is you have to farm randomly dropped materials from enemies, and craft good enough equipment to be able to complete the missions. You do level up, as well. But that's pretty slow, and not supposed to be as important as having good gear. 

I guess I'm making progress, though. As slow and incompetent as I feel.. And I got the Kenny trophy very early, when I tried the Daily Quest for the first time. Two very high leveled players carrying me and some other guy. :lol: I also beat the Three Stooges (guys from the main game) who show up in town from time to time, and you have the option of fighting them. Ignis sucked.. That damn counter attack he has would do 9,999 damage if it hit, and instantly kill me. ._. 

The battle system is pretty fun. Though it mainly consists of mashing :circle:, until you need to heal or warp. Lol. Warping is cool, and you can warp strike enemies. Allows you to cover large distances in a hurry. You also want to try and keep a food item held at all times, since this will revive you instead of the mission ending.

So yeah, I don't know.. It's okay. Feels like a largely unnecessary DLC and a grindy one at that, though. 

Time played: 10+ hours.

Trophy progress: 5/91 for 3% and an E rank.

If you want help, or play a time let me know. I'm currently back into this game lol :)

15 minutes ago, vin_rob said:

If you want help, or play a time let me know. I'm currently back into this game lol :)

Thanks for the offer, but I actually finished about a week ago. :lol: Been playing the single player since, and have almost reached the end. May have to give it a proper review when I'm done, but it has really exceeded my expectations. Awesome game.

Edited by DamagingRob

17 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Thanks for the offer, but I actually finished about a week ago. :lol: Been playing the single player since, and have almost reached the end. May have to give it a proper review when I'm done, but it has really exceeded my expectations. Awesome game.

sorry for being so late... but yeah the game is great. 

thinking about doing it again somewhere in the near future. with the new content 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

1f631.png Well... I don't think I'll be playing that version. :lol: Wrapped up the last 2 this morning, though. 

Considering the fact that it has the shittiest trophy list (*cough* requires Diamond Cup in online mode *cough*) it's a wise decision. Not to forget that the Murphy-levels were horrible, too, as you have to control Murphy and have to hope that the AI-controlled character is timing his jumps correctly. So many unnecessary deaths... :spank:

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finished up one of the older KYC games I still had in my backlog. Finally got the plat in Ghost Recon Wildlands. Lots of missions, lots of bugs, fell through the game world thrice, got run over by rebeles out of nowhere countelss times and yet it was still fun for the most part. That resource grind can go fuck right off though.

• Like 4

I pretty much wrapped up what I had left to do in Rayman Legends. Now I'm just doing challenges everyday till I have the Plat.. Also finished my first playthrough of Shiness, and my opinion hasn't really changed. It's a great indie game. Soundtrack is incredible. Just have to beat it again without dying for the Plat, for which backing up my save to Plus should work.

Oh, and I never mentioned I finished Homefront. :/ It was decent. 

Edited by DamagingRob
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Got the platinum in Yomawari: Night Alone, so that's another game off the KYC list. Unfortunately it ended up getting downgraded to a :silver:. The mechanics are just have too much of a negative impact. Art style was great and story was interesting though. I'm hoping that Midnight Shadows tweaked the mechanics so they don't become annoying as well.

I also decided to drop another 2 games from previous KYC (well 1 of them was from a previous one). Hyperdevotion Neptunia: Goddess Black Heart seemingly follows the trend of the main stream Neptunia series that expects you to grind early on. The game isn't good enough for it to warrant such a thing. The other game is Valkyria Revolution. This one is barely a :silver: at this point, as there's too much that I dislike about it. I disliked the characters and the presentation of the story. Still not sure what the weird insect eye filter is about. The combat is alright, but the progression system is poorly optimized. Towards the last few chapters the level difference is at least 10 levels, and that's with doing side missions in-between the main missions. Boss battles take forever, because the damage output doesn't scale properly due to a poor upgrade system. Grinding levels takes way too long and if you don't make separate saves the game will impede you from grinding at all, as it'll lock you into some main missions until their completion. Nonsensical design choice really.

• Like 4

Finished another game from the event. Got the plat in Uncharted: Lost Legacy and it still maintains it's initial evaluation. It looks great, plays great and is probably the one that mostly feels like an Indiana Jones movie. I wished they'd stop going with the same "rival party" routine though. Nevertheless, it's probably my favourite entry in the series so far (still need to play Uncharted 4). Main reason is that for once a game in this series didn't get some weird stuff put into it that made no sense. 1 had smeagols, 2 had some weird mutation/steroids boss fight and 3 had Yetis. All of twhich felt out of place.

Anyway... I also finished up the story from a game that I played during the 1st KYC, which was One Piece: Unlimited World Red. It's still an average game. The story takes around 5 hours to beat and the rest is only collecting and grinding. Expected way more out of it and am therefore done with that game.

I'll probably try focusing on finishing up the story of Tales of Berseria and Fate/ Extella (both from these events as well), before the next KYC begins. It's about time I start clearing my backlog a bit.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Finished another game from the event. Got the plat in Uncharted: Lost Legacy and it still maintains it's initial evaluation. It looks great, plays great and is probably the one that mostly feels like an Indiana Jones movie. I wished they'd stop going with the same "rival party" routine though. Nevertheless, it's probably my favourite entry in the series so far (still need to play Uncharted 4). Main reason is that for once a game in this series didn't get some weird stuff put into it that made no sense. 1 had smeagols, 2 had some weird mutation/steroids boss fight and 3 had Yetis. All of twhich felt out of place.

Help me with the Uncharted timeline. I have completed 1-3 and 4 is sitting on my To Do shelf.  Where does Lost Legacy and Golden Abyss slot into the timeline? 

And yes, the fantasy-driven baddies drive me nuts in this series. I nearly threw my controller in the original when attacked by the 'smeagols.' :P

10 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Help me with the Uncharted timeline. I have completed 1-3 and 4 is sitting on my To Do shelf.  Where does Lost Legacy and Golden Abyss slot into the timeline? 

And yes, the fantasy-driven baddies drive me nuts in this series. I nearly threw my controller in the original when attacked by the 'smeagols.' :P

Golden Abyss is like a prequel, I think. Younger Drake, no Elena. Lost Legacy takes place after the fourth. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DamagingRob said:

Lol. This is a large part of why I was so fond of Golden Abyss. 

I completely forgot about Golden Abyss being a thing. Still have that in my backlog as well, although I already started it a few years ago.

1 hour ago, PerryToxteth said:

Like Rob said. Golden Abyss, 1-4 and lastly Lost Legacy. While in some series the standalone DLCs aren't necessarily connected to the main game, in Lost Legacy it's noticeable that part of the story is kind of missing, if you haven't played 4.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1