Kill Your Completion ∞

51 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Edit: I forgot to mention that it seems like the DLC content was free with Plus (or in general), at least the game let me toggle all three DLC packs on without ever buying or even downloading any of it. :dunno:

Port Royale 3 DLC is bundled in with the main game, so not really DLC, just add on modes or options you can play or ignore. Which is nice! 

Yeah, Port Royale isn't the prettiest of graphics, and the controls for sea battles are so unintuitive I actually stopped playing for over a year before taking the time to figure them out (and then writing that as my first guide so nobody else had to suffer through that), but overall I enjoyed the game a lot.

It gets much more complicated once you open up all the options via the tutorial progress, as far as managing towns and such, until you figure out how to properly automate the most important things like trading route settings. I do recommend saving frequently in a couple different save slots until you are cobfident your total funds are safely going up instead of stagnant or down. From that point on you can let it pretty much play itself while you manually do the parts that interest you. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

I know some people have strong opinions about remastered and how companies keep getting money out of our nostalgies, but damn... It's Spyro we are talking about!

I've never played Spyro the first time around but it looks like a good contender for a remaster, a game type that doesn't get made much anymore and it does look quite good. Crash Bandicoot was another good example of a game that hasn't been around for awhile that offers a different type of game than typically sees a big release now. Definitely better than another re-release of the Jak and Daxter trilogy. I know I could go the rest of my life never playing Jak 2 again. :awesome:

3 hours ago, SyIaris said:

You can get all trophies without grinding for a set of super powerful weapons - I finished up with relatively low stats, from what I've gathered.

Some people I played with beat the last boss required for trophies with 1600 Strength but yeah, your 200 Vitality was quite low. You must've done some good dodging. I made a decent end game weapon set without grinding Laser Sensors by crafting a bunch of Strength Gems by building weapons with whatever strength building items I had lying around and tearing the weapon down for gems. Whatever items didn't build strength I sold to buy more strength building items from the Imperial soldier in the mining town. Ended up with 2,723 Strength and 894 Vitality. Putting the +30% crafting boon on a dedicated crafting character really helped a lot. I would have to say this game was way more fun for me since I had a group of friends going through the game at the same time.

@DamagingRob or @Agent 47. Regarding Roundabout, do either of you guys know if the glitched trophy for 100% completing the game has been resolved? That would be the biggest concern I would have with starting this game.

Edited by Metal Slime King
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Metal Slime King said:

Regarding Roundabout, do either of you guys know if the glitched trophy for 100% completing the game has been resolved? That would be the biggest concern I would have with starting this game.

I haven't heard anything about it being fixed. Only people who have it appear to be hackers. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Metal Slime King said:

@DamagingRob or @Agent 47. Regarding Roundabout, do either of you guys know if the glitched trophy for 100% completing the game has been resolved? That would be the biggest concern I would have with starting this game.

5 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

I haven't heard anything about it being fixed. Only people who have it appear to be hackers. 

If only hackers have it, then I'd say it's not just glitched, but unobtainable.

But no, I don't know. I don't pay much attention to trophies. I've put games on my trophy list before ehile knowing full well I couldn't obtain all trophies.

48 minutes ago, Agent 47 said:

If only hackers have it, then I'd say it's not just glitched, but unobtainable.

But no, I don't know. I don't pay much attention to trophies. I've put games on my trophy list before ehile knowing full well I couldn't obtain all trophies.

Yeah, there's pretty much no known way to obtain it.. Two people supposedly have, but are not listed in the list of achievers. Leading me to believe they used hacks.

But I knew that when going in. Lol. There's also a trophy that requires driving for 8 hours straight, and you can't pause the game or anything. Rest Mode apparently works, but is risky. So, I don't know if I'd even have tried to 100% it if it were possible. :/ But I at least had fun with it. I get it may not be for everyone, though. I do like some things that received some pretty harsh reviews. :lol:

@voodoo_eyes I think I'll also request that switch for my final game, if possible, and it arrives on time. :lol: Probably won't be able to give Tales of a lot of playing time, if I'm busy playing FFXV. :/ Server closures are a pain.. The Royal Edition is still $15 and in stock at Target, if anyone is looking for a cheap copy. Sale ends today.

Edited by DamagingRob

18 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Game #5: Port Royale 3 (PS3)

1st day

Total playtime: about 30 minutes

L676293.png

This is the only game on my profile that has the Hester Prynne-like Scarlet E.  :( I have tried twice but both times I couldn't get through the tutorial. But it sounds like Solar Cat wrote a guide, and maybe that will motivate me to get back into it for try No. 3. I like the concept of the game because it reminds me of Sid Meier's Civilization games (which I lost hundreds of potential study hours to in college).

If you like this game, the developers later came out with Grand Ages: Medieval. I played this a few KYC's ago and enjoyed it. It has a very similar concept of establishing trade routes but it's in Europe and you get to pick where your cities go. The tutorial is much more informative as well. 

Along a similar vein, Tropico 5 is also about building/ managing an environ. I highly enjoyed that and the ultra rare plat isn't that difficult and it's highly entertaining.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

@voodoo_eyes Would it be possible to switch my last game World of Final Fantasy with Final Fantasy 15?

10 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

@voodoo_eyes I think I'll also request that switch for my final game, if possible, and it arrives on time. :lol: Probably won't be able to give Tales of a lot of playing time, if I'm busy playing FFXV. :/ Server closures are a pain.. The Royal Edition is still $15 and in stock at Target, if anyone is looking for a cheap copy. Sale ends today.

Updated both of your game lists in the OP ;) .

• Like 2

Trying to get the living room painted, and my PS4 is currently in a box to protect it from the soapy wall scrubbing we did this afternoon.

Hopefully will be able to play my last game before the end of the month. I did start Murdered: Soul Suspect but haven't progressed past the menu so all I can say is that the menu picture looks cool and I am looking forward to trying it out later this week if possible. 

9 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Game # 7 - First Impressions

L986c13.png

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Playtime: 1 hour

Trophies: 1/57

This is the first Assassin's Creed I've ever played, and it didn't disappoint. However, I wouldn't know how to describe the myriad of information that this game gives you in the beginning. Information about the Animus and Abstergo Industries. I still need to read more about it, and fortunately Ubisoft has created a really great Menu system where I can peruse the info whenever I want to.

The AC games have a arcing story but to sum it up into one paragraph: Abstergo=Templars=Evil. You are a modern day Assassin and you use the Animus to time travel and fight the Templars in various time periods. Pieces of Eden have supernatural powers, and the Assassins attempt to keep these items out of the Templars' hands to prevent them from achieving their ultimate goal of world power. 

It goes way more in-depth than that but that's all you need to know for Syndicate. The modern day story in Syndicate is almost nil.

- Also, don't waste time grabbing collectibles until you unlock the grapple gizmo!