voodoo_eyes

Kill Your Completion ∞

595 posts in this topic

Count me in!

 

I'll come back with a nice list later today.

 

Thanks @Hemiak for the starting this event type and keeping it going for over two years, and thanks @voodoo_eyes for taking over now so the events don't stop!

 

By the way @voodoo_eyes, you can just put me down as BillyHorrible :) it's still my PSN ID and I'll change my PSNP name a few days into the event anyway :D

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Kassandra said:

Count me in!

 

I'll come back with a nice list later today.

 

Thanks @Hemiak for the starting this event type and keeping it going for over two years, and thanks @voodoo_eyes for taking over now so the events don't stop!

 

By the way @voodoo_eyes, you can just put me down as BillyHorrible :) it's still my PSN ID and I'll change my PSNP name a few days into the event anyway :D

 

Yeah, I'll put the profile link to each participant in the OP to make it easier. I already know that i wouldn't be able to keep up with everyone's identity crisis :P .

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to join as well. I've been sort of "stuck", and need a bit of a push to start and finish my games. Will compile a list later.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bos10George said:

I am going to let this coincide with my Gaming by the Numbers challenge. Here are my 5, I may add some more if there is 

 

(...)

 

*Star Wars Battlefront I am at 1%. I turned the game on and tried it out and got 2 "I played the game" trophies. 

 

... Getting 100%s, like in the Gaming By The Numbers event, really isn't the main goal of the Kill Your Own Completion event (hense, the title). The point is trying out some backlog games (which need to have zero trophies before the start of the event), and to also post stats (mainly how much your percentage has dropped during the event) and post reviews of the games you've played. Might be that you'd 100% the games afterwards or occasionally even during, but the games should at all times be at 0% at the start of the event (it's the first TL;DR rule).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kassandra said:

 

... Getting 100%s, like in the Gaming By The Numbers event, really isn't the main goal of the Kill Your Own Completion event (hense, the title). The point is trying out some backlog games (which need to have zero trophies before the start of the event), and to also post stats (mainly how much your percentage has dropped during the event) and post reviews of the games you've played. Might be that you'd 100% the games afterwards or occasionally even during, but the games should at all times be at 0% at the start of the event (it's the first TL;DR rule).

 

I get that. I am just killing 2 birds with 1 stone using this event. Also, I know BF has 1%, hence my explanation. If the true goal is like you said, "...trying out backlog games, show how much my percentage dropped, and post reviews..." then it fits the description in my book and the 2 garbage trophies I got shouldn't matter.

 

However, since I have been on this site for more than a minute and know this is probably going to raise all hell. I will sub it out with a 0% if I feel like it and if not then don't award me with the imaginary trophy for completing this event.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have fun everyone. Won't join this time but will surely read the reviews in my spare minutes. :wave:

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bos10George said:

 

I get that. I am just killing 2 birds with 1 stone using this event. Also, I know BF has 1%, hence my explanation. If the true goal is like you said, "...trying out backlog games, show how much my percentage dropped, and post reviews..." then it fits the description in my book and the 2 garbage trophies I got shouldn't matter.

 

However, since I have been on this site for more than a minute and know this is probably going to raise all hell. I will sub it out with a 0% if I feel like it and if not then don't award me with the imaginary trophy for completing this event.

 

... How can a game lower your completion during the event if you've got two trophies in it already? Your completion percentage can only rise from that.

 

Don't try to make it about other people raising hell. The OP to all KYC events state that any game on your list should have zero trophies beforehand, that's just the basic rules. You don't go into completionist events saying "I'm at 60% for this game but I count it as having the platinum because I don't want to do the multiplayer trophies" either.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've updated my original post with my new list. I was tempted to make it a 10 game list but I'll just end up failing my exams that way. :P 

I might do some quick changes once the November Plus games are announced.

 

1 hour ago, Kassandra said:

 

  • 2064: Read Only Memories (PS+ October 2018)

We gotta sync this up again. It was pretty nice with TorqueL back in KYC 3 or 4. :D 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

I've updated my original post with my new list. I was tempted to make it a 10 game list but I'll just end up failing my exams that way. :P 

I might do some quick changes once the November Plus games are announced.

 

We gotta sync this up again. It was pretty nice with TorqueL back in KYC 3 or 4. :D 

 

 

Let's just hope I enjoy 2064 Read Only Memories more than I enjoyed TorqueL 😒

 

But yeah, synching up is fine by me, as always (I recall KYC2 being just games for me that others played too at the same time).

 

And yeah, I might make a change for the November PS+ games too. We'll see two weeks from now, I guess :)

 

Also, on your list:

 

3 hours ago, xFalionx said:

The Bridge (PSVita)

 

I bought this on X360 on release and on Switch on a good sale, and it felt cool that I got it on PS4 through PS+, already played the main levels. I'll keep an eye out for your review! Beware, the gameplay is pretty slow.

 

1 hour ago, Caju_94 said:

Ratchet & Clank (PS4)

 

Did you play the originals? The PS4 game was the first for me, and I kinda liked it.

 

2 minutes ago, Arctic Cress said:

Valkyria Chronicles 4

 

Damnit, I'm still not farther into this game than completing the first full mission. It's hard to keep focus.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kassandra said:

@voodoo_eyes think of the trouble you and others are going to have once Sony allows for profile name changing...

 

That'll be the point at which I'm going to start calling people "Player A. B, C..." :P .

 

48 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

I'd like to join as well. I've been sort of "stuck", and need a bit of a push to start and finish my games. Will compile a list later.

 

I've also been kind of uninspired lately and hope this will help me get back on track :D  .

 

26 minutes ago, Bos10George said:

 

I get that. I am just killing 2 birds with 1 stone using this event. Also, I know BF has 1%, hence my explanation. If the true goal is like you said, "...trying out backlog games, show how much my percentage dropped, and post reviews..." then it fits the description in my book and the 2 garbage trophies I got shouldn't matter.

 

However, since I have been on this site for more than a minute and know this is probably going to raise all hell. I will sub it out with a 0% if I feel like it and if not then don't award me with the imaginary trophy for completing this event.

 

As Billy said, only games at 0% are supposed to be part of the event. As such Battlefront can't be part of it, I'm afraid. You can however adjust the days you'll spend playing each game across the other 4 games you listed, while playing Battlefront on the side. Like whenever you feel like you need a break from the other games.

 

For the number of games I'm going to be lenient, as long as it's under the 15 cap, as that's how the prior iterations of this event worked as well for the most part.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kassandra said:

Let's just hope I enjoy 2064 Read Only Memories more than I enjoyed TorqueL 1f612.png

 

But yeah, synching up is fine by me, as always (I recall KYC2 being just games for me that others played too at the same time).

 

And yeah, I might make a change for the November PS+ games too. We'll see two weeks from now, I guess :)

Great. I guess we should plan this after the November games are announced, then. :) 

 

Judging from your reaction back then, there are few things that could ruin your day as much as that game did, so I'd say the chances are in your favor. ^_^

 

5 minutes ago, Kassandra said:

Also, on your list:

 

I bought this on X360 on release and on Switch on a good sale, and it felt cool that I got it on PS4 through PS+, already played the main levels. I'll keep an eye out for your review! Beware, the gameplay is pretty slow.

Since I'll be getting most of my playtime on train rides, I appreciate slower gameplay. :D I could imagine playing something like Gravity Rush on a train is fairly difficult, although it worked alright with Jak 2. I'm really looking forward to this game, though as I haven't played any puzzle games in quite a while.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in. I'll get my list posted in the coming days once I figure it out. I've managed to recover %-wise from the last event even if I still have another 100 more unearned trophies so it's time to beat my CR back into submission again.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Great. I guess we should plan this after the November games are announced, then. :) 

 

I'm fine with just putting 2064 ROM into slot number one, just in case something happens with either of our schedules.

 

21 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Judging from your reaction back then, there are few things that could ruin your day as much as that game did, so I'd say the chances are in your favor. ^_^

 

Yeah, if there's a game I've been more annoyed by during a KYC event than TorqueL, I can't recall it right now.

 

21 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Since I'll be getting most of my playtime on train rides, I appreciate slower gameplay. :D I could imagine playing something like Gravity Rush on a train is fairly difficult, although it worked alright with Jak 2. I'm really looking forward to this game, though as I haven't played any puzzle games in quite a while.

 

I've been gaming/reading in the train and such too, I'm very happy with my Switch and my e-reader :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my list of games for November. Hopefully it's a decent mix.

 

0. NeverDead (PS3) (:gold:)

1. Bloodborne (PS4) (:platinum:)

2. Rayman Legends (PS4) (:gold:)

3. Moon Diver (PS3) (:silver:)

4. Burly Men At Sea (PS4) (:silver:)

5. Burger TIme: World Tour (PS3) (🍔⏰)

6. Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades (PS4) (:gold:)

7. Curses n' Chaos (PS4) (:platinum:)

8. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (PS3) (:gold:)

 

Edited by Metal Slime King
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kassandra said:

Did you play the originals? The PS4 game was the first for me, and I kinda liked it.

 

I played the first original on PS2 and Vita. Still have play 2 & 3 though. Also played Deadlocked/Gladiator for the PS2. I liked it. It seems the PS4 one is very similar to the first one, so I will be able to compare both the original and the new version.

Edited by Caju_94
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see, that we already have 10 people signed up. Some interesting selections of games as well.

 

I'm still debating whether I'll go with 5 or 10 games. Maybe I'll just pick a number in-between. There's still time to decide after all.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in!!!!

That's 7 of 8 KYC events for me. This time, I'll run at the full 10-game tilt. I need to do some serious cleaning up on my PS3 so I'll have a good 4-5 titles from that.  Plus, there's some games I picked up in sales that I've been itching to start. I'll come out with a full list next week.

 

I also got Toogied!! My son got free rein to play on the PS4 the other day, and he stumbled across MLB: The Show and started it up without my knowledge. Somehow, he managed to earn two trophies so it's sitting on my profile with a big, fat tho I have never played it. 😭 

I had planned to save it for this event so VooDoo, I'm asking for a favor/ ruling. Can I include this game even though it has trophies earned? I have yet to play it so my first impressions won't change.

And! My son now has his OWN Playstation account.   😤

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kassandra interesting pick of VR games. I'm curious to see what you think of SUPERHOT which seems to be a favorite of many VR owners, and I'm also interested in your thoughts on Esper and Tethered since I've been thinking about grabbing them myself once the backlog dies down.

 

Unfortunately, November is a busy month for me as I have my 3rd exam on the 16th of November. The only way I could join is if I played 5 games in the second half of November which would be hard with Thanksgiving squeezed in there and the quick turnaround for my final exam (Thank God once I finally pass all of these!). I guess I'll have to shoot for the KYC IT'S OVER 9000! event.

 

Anyways, I won't be participating, but I'll be with you in spirit. Good luck to all!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.