Beta FW 6.10 live - PSN ID Change Feature now available

Suminya

1 hour ago, Parker said:

How, exactly? Everything I've read from people who have changed their names has been positive. Nothing has been lost, all saves/progress from PS4/PS3/Vita games are like they were before the name change. I haven't read anything negative about the process yet. 

Parker

Oh.. I thought people were losing everything to get their name changed. 

17 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Took some time off RDR2 to test some PS3 games. Had to install/update the games as well which took some time.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3 - save file for story works) Online rank was reset however

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (save file works for story - Online rank was not reset)

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PS3 - save file works)

Infamous 2 (save file works)

Batman: Arkham Asylum (save file works)

Batman: Arkham City (save file works - I don't have the DLC)

Red Dead Redemption (save file works - Online rank still there)

Assassin's Creed 3 (save file works - Online rank still there)

L.A Noire (save file works)

Rayman Origins (save file works)

Mass Effect 2 (save file works)

Assassin's Creed Revelations (save file still works - Online rank still there)

Battlefield 3 (save file works - Online rank still there)

Assassin's Creed 2 - (save file works)

Max Payne 3 (save file works - Online rank still there)

DiRT 3 (save file works - Online rank still there)

The Sly Collection (save file works)

God of War 3 (save file works)

God of War: Ascension (save file works)

Glad to see Mass Effect was tested...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

Took some time off RDR2 to test some PS3 games. Had to install/update the games as well which took some time.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3 - save file for story works) Online rank was reset however

Oh no... that’s bad news. I have maximum legacy level, the star, I have everything unlocked, I played for thousands of hours... That multiplayer is so dear to me... I don’t want to lose what I have in there. Maybe Naughty Dog can do something about it? They know they have a community still loyal to the game. :(

Thanks for testing, though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alien_X_16 said:

Can anyone test out Destiny or Destiny 2 to see if you lose everything and have to start over or does it transfer?

I tested Destiny and all my characters were there. I assume it's the same for Destiny 2.

It MIGHT be a good idea to center all working/non-working titles at the top of a forum topic dedicated to that and for people to ask for game testing if they so wish. I would do it but my sister is getting married in less than 3 hours so time now and for the rest of today will not be a thing for me :lol:

Having compiled data in an organised manner would help both users and site runners in my view ^_^

Edited by Omar
  • Like 3

On 10/27/2018 at 7:24 AM, Ghost said:

Wow! It's nice that your U3 rank is reset! It's a good chance to start all over from scratch! Just one question: do you get to keep the paw on the left of your level icon?

Edited by Major Rain

On 10/26/2018 at 5:19 AM, Carol said:

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 1 and 2 (PS4)

Both games seem to work fine. All progress and characters are still there. 

Edit:

Also tested the following games:

Battleborn

Smite

Warframe

Senran kagura estival versus

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 1.

Everything works fine. Nothing was lost with the name change.

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

Both games seem to work fine. All progress and characters are still there. 

That’s great! Thanks for the information!

8 hours ago, Major Rain said:

Wow! It's nice that your U3 rank is reset! It's a good chance to start all over from scratch! Just one question: do you get to keep the pawn on the left of your level icon?

You certainly are a very positive person. You can create a new account, if you want to start over.

I’m not finding funny the idea of losing all the progress, unlocks and stats. I’m not going to reach maximum legacy level again. I just still like to play the game from time to time and to be proud of what I achieved when I go there.

Also, it’s paw, not pawn. :)

What are the odds of ND fixing this problem, so that the game can recognize the new name? Can anyone guess? Slim or maybe it’s possible?

14 hours ago, Carol said:

That’s great! Thanks for the information!

You certainly are a very positive person. You can create a new account, if you want to start over.

I’m not finding funny the idea of losing all the progress, unlocks and stats. I’m not going to reach maximum legacy level again. I just still like to play the game from time to time and to be proud of what I achieved when I go there.

Also, it’s paw, not pawn. :)

What are the odds of ND fixing this problem, so that the game can recognize the new name? Can anyone guess? Slim or maybe it’s possible?

Oh yeah, thanks! Confused pawn with paw! I understand you...not everyone wants to start all over again, especially if you have all your gold boosters and you have become attached to your stats.

I actually already created a new account where I already reached the 3rd legacy and unlocked the star but I've already moved back to my main account.

To me it really comes down to the paw. If I get to keep it, I wouldn't mind restarting everything but I'm sure ND can solve the issue.

On 10/27/2018 at 2:24 AM, Ghost said:

When you say rank, do you only mean the levels or unlocks as well? Did you keep all your trophy progress and MP treasures?

3 hours ago, Major Rain said:

Oh yeah, thanks! Confused pawn with paw! I understand you...not everyone wants to start all over again, especially if you have all your gold boosters and you have become attached to your stats.

I actually already created a new account where I already reached the 3rd legacy and unlocked the star but I've already moved back to my main account.

To me it really comes down to the paw. If I get to keep it, I wouldn't mind restarting everything but I'm sure ND can solve the issue.

I sure hope so! I hope Naughty Dog is aware and willing to fix the problem.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2018 at 0:25 PM, Ren said:

When you say rank, do you only mean the levels or unlocks as well? Did you keep all your trophy progress and MP treasures?

Everything in MP was gone. Only the single player was saved along with the treasures collected.

Going to guess that since I changed my ID and it went free to play, this could have caused the issue since Uncharted 2 was fine.

Edited by Ghost

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

Everything in MP was gone. Only the single player was saved along with the treasures collected.

Going to guess that since I changed my ID and it went free to play, this could have caused the issue since Uncharted 2 was fine.

Did you keep the paw in the mp mode?

qpSRB38.png

Good Job on Sonys end then if this works.

I kinda had the feeling already that it would work cause i wouldn't think Sony would release it otherwise.

They just say that it can destroy your Saves and other stuff to protect themself (of course they can't test every Game ever made).

Maybe if someone tries like for example an Need For Speed Carbon from 2006 (Launch Game) on PS3 there could be problems and Sony just protect themself if anything goes wrong.

If RDR1 works on PS3 then GTA 4 Offline/Online should also work without a problem.

Since GameSpy was shutoff they moved Servers over to Sony and the Online save file since then is saved on the PS3 for GTA 4 and RDR1.

And Savefiles don't have problems so far from what people are saying on the internet.

Also would be interesting since Naughty Dog is talking about this feature if they (for example) make UC3 MP work without rank reset same with other Games like The Last of Us if the Multiplayer on PS3 has any problems for people.

They turned it around in a good way without the PSN database being designed to do this kind of feature in 2006.

Good Job Sony! People now can change there ID and play GTA 4 or Burnout Paradise with DLCs for example without losing anything and play it like they did 10 years ago.

Edited by Jeffboy24
  • Like 1

2 Questions:

1- What will happen with PSNProfiles gametag/name/account with PSN ID change?

2- If I have an old account with a name that I like, can I change that account name so that the old ID becomes available for my new account?