Beta FW 6.10 live - PSN ID Change Feature now available

Suminya

1 minute ago, snakebit10 said:

I guess it is a good thing I have no interest in changing my online name. 

For those who want this it seems you could be taking a big risk by changing your name online. Good luck to anyone who does.

it does suck mostly for those who made an ID when they where like..12, and they have something stupid with a bunch of X's and numbers.

So many things that can go wrong just because of a name change. It’s almost as bad as having to create a new account, after all. :(

Anyway, I didn’t receive any e-mail, but I would really appreciate if someone testing this can verify how PS3 and Vita games actually react, especially Uncharted 3’s multiplayer. This game is my main concern. 

I really wanted to change my ID, but now I don’t know anymore...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Carol said:

So many things that can go wrong just because of a name change. It’s almost as bad as having to create a new account, after all. :(

Anyway, I didn’t receive any e-mail, but I would really appreciate if someone testing this can verify how PS3 and Vita games actually react, especially Uncharted 3’s multiplayer. This game is my main concern. 

I really wanted to change my ID, but now I don’t know anymore...

Hahaha same for me, really worried about U3 not working properly ?

• Like 1

The amount of stuff that needs to be sacrificed in order to get a name change in just staggering and not worth it, in my opinion. Makes you think just how F'ed up PSN was build from the ground up. I mean, really? Not only the feature may not work on all games spanning multiple systems but there is also a chance that you could lose stuff you paid for and even progress on the games too. And that it can also screw up your leaderboards and progress on trophies, for a fee no less. At least the first time is free, but each successive name change is just a stab in your heart at that point.

Now. I wasn't thinking about changing name myself. After all, there is but only 1 Felicia-obsessed Honor_Hand floating around in the cyberspace :P but it makes me feel bad for those of you that were thinking about changing your names. There is almost no incentive to do so :facepalm:

• Like 3

Just now, BrunoBomb said:

Well I wanted to change my old brother name for my name to have BrunoBomb just like in the website, and basicaly everything out of PSN, but its'n worth the risk of losing everything. Let people call me helder then...

Itd still be a risk changing it to brunobomb because of sensitive people online. The first thing that comes to my mind reading it is you dropping the biggest deuce. Careful, the sjw and internet police might get riled up. ?

• Like 1