Unobtainable Trophies That Are Obtainable With Charles

Wuthg21

8 hours ago, Neocarleen said:

Why is it called "Charles"?

Charles proxy is a proxy that you instal on your pc. A proxy sort of acts like a server, this is why you can connect your ps4 to it.

7 hours ago, TristanBrown17 said:

Didn't even realize Mad Max is currently unobtainable. Interested to figure out how this works as long as it doesn't require jailbreak or some sketchy USB download thing

It is only computer program, a proxy is also really helpful with downloading games / updates, since it increases the download speed.

7 hours ago, Hakoom said:

thanks for the explanation

works on digital games too? they come patched already from psn

I am not sure if it works on digital only games, but i know it works on the digital download of a physical game. This is why it is a good plan to test out some games where we can benefit from it =).

20 minutes ago, Wuthg21 said:

I am not sure if it works on digital only games, but i know it works on the digital download of a physical game. This is why it is a good plan to test out some games where we can benefit from it =).

It does, doesn't matter whether a physical version exists for a game, has nothing to do with that. 

2 hours ago, Wuthg21 said:

No, maybe if it can be achieved in lan or local co-op.

I'm thinking about the Run Like The Wind trophy of GTA V. If this method allows you to connect to the online portion of the game and if you are playing on a non-patched version of the game you could still obtain the trophy through the NPCs. Just guessing...

Edited by Major Rain

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/11/2018 at 5:31 PM, Wuthg21 said:

The Brookhaven Experiment (Suggested by @Warped_Tonttu)

Affected Trophy: 

:bronze: Executioner

Rack N Ruin (Suggested by @JorgeSleep)

Affected Trophies:

:bronze: Dependency

:platinum: Platinum Trophy

For more suggestions, leave a comment down below =)

First was tested by @Warped_Tonttu himself using @Mako's method and I think it works. Second should also work flawlessly.

On 05/11/2018 at 8:33 AM, SpyroChampion said:

The other one is from darksiders 2 on ps3. They had onnection problems and until today they didnt fix it. It's really annoying making one online trophy in full single player game. The only way is to use hacked console and change timestamps. This way many people did this trophy illegally but no one is gonna admit it like user called (removed)

The Darksiders 2 servers shut down, in Feb 2016 iirc. Anyone who obtained the online trophies since then was hacking, and should be reported. I can't report because I don't have the PS3 version, only PS4, but you should report the user you mentioned. Naming and shaming isn't allowed on PSNP so you should also remove the username from your post as well, just FYI - I'm not a mod or anything, just a fellow user trying to help you out :) Reporting is the correct action to take in situations like this, not talking about said users on forums :)

• Like 1

We should roll PSX Download Helper in here with Charles as it's the same general idea, except that it lets you block patches entirely (at least in some cases). For example, Rack N Ruin (v1.02 latest) doesn't work with Charles because there's no link to the v1.01 patch, but you can use PSX DH to download v1.00.

• Like 1

On 18.11.2018 at 1:07 PM, Kristycism said:

The Darksiders 2 servers shut down, in Feb 2016 iirc. Anyone who obtained the online trophies since then was hacking, and should be reported. I can't report because I don't have the PS3 version, only PS4, but you should report the user you mentioned. Naming and shaming isn't allowed on PSNP so you should also remove the username from your post as well, just FYI - I'm not a mod or anything, just a fellow user trying to help you out :) Reporting is the correct action to take in situations like this, not talking about said users on forums :)

Where exactly did you find that information about servers down? Because that was not on thq nordic website, or their fanpage. Or on playstation website with game servers closure.

On 11/5/2018 at 4:01 AM, Stealth_Purist said:

I'm thinking about the Run Like The Wind trophy of GTA V. If this method allows you to connect to the online portion of the game and if you are playing on a non-patched version of the game you could still obtain the trophy through the NPCs. Just guessing...

You can't even enter gta online unless you're on the most recent patch, even an invite only lobby 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SpyroChampion said:

Where exactly did you find that information about servers down? Because that was not on thq nordic website, or their fanpage. Or on playstation website with game servers closure.

They aren't obliged to list all server shutdowns. Sometimes they just go down unnoticed and that's it.

18 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

You can't even enter gta online unless you're on the most recent patch, even an invite only lobby 

Yeah, he posted about it in the RLTW thread and then deleted the post after we told him the same. :)

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...