530,000 BP

A_Random_Moa

Here’s one for you all: stop disconnecting your internet when you’re about to lose a ranked match because you’re too trash to get wins legit. Whatever if you boosted it with a friend back when you knew who your opponent was going to be before the match starts, but it’s actually laughable when some of you will legit do everything in your power to cheese your way to a trophy you aren’t even good enough to earn legit. Please consider quitting fighting games or even trophy hunting all together. 

Edited by Stevieboy
edited due to naming and shaming
  • Like 1

Of course they can define skill. You’re telling me if someone platinums Super Meat Boy that doesn’t define their skill? Saying that I don’t know why I’m replying to you cause I’m pretty sure you’re the one that stole the belts for that guy on Fight Night. If you care that much about a virtual trophy that you’ll go out of your way to do it at the expense of others you need to get your priorities straight. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A_Random_Moa said:

Of course they can define skill. You’re telling me if someone platinums Super Meat Boy that doesn’t define their skill? Saying that I don’t know why I’m replying to you cause I’m pretty sure you’re the one that stole the belts for that guy on Fight Night. If you care that much about a virtual trophy that you’ll go out of your way to do it at the expense of others you need to get your priorities straight. 

I don't like to really like to flaunt myself for trophies that often, but if you compare my list to yours, I think many people's opinion would be in favour of mine. Super Meat Boy is a bad example of that, because while I've not done the game, I've seen plenty of people do it and they can quit to the world map before they die by pausing the game and choosing that option, which allows them to cheat death in that level. I doubt many of the trophy hunters who do that game do it as it was intended by doing every level back to back without a single quit in-between. If you look at all the best players of Dragon Ball FighterZ, the game you've made a thread about, you'd see that they don't have the platinum for that game, but if you 1v1 them in an online match, they'd utterly demolish you even if you end up getting the platinum. Nobody is a better gamer because of the trophies they get, in-fact most of the "great trophy hunters" that I've played games with have been worse than the people who have a visibly worse trophy list than them. 

2 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I don't like to really like to flaunt myself for trophies that often, but if you compare my list to yours, I think many people's opinion would be in favour of mine. Super Meat Boy is a bad example of that, because while I've not done the game, I've seen plenty of people do it and they can quit to the world map before they die by pausing the game and choosing that option, which allows them to cheat death in that level. I doubt many of the trophy hunters who do that game do it as it was intended by doing every level back to back without a single quit in-between. If you look at all the best players of Dragon Ball FighterZ, the game you've made a thread about, you'd see that they don't have the platinum for that game, but if you 1v1 them in an online match, they'd utterly demolish you even if you end up getting the platinum. Nobody is a better gamer because of the trophies they get, in-fact most of the "great trophy hunters" that I've played games with have been worse than the people who have a visibly worse trophy list than them. 

So your argument is trophies mean nothing but the first thing you do is try give yourself a false sense of superiority by saying ‘my list is better than yours lol.’ You’re a hypocrite. My main point isn’t even people being trash it’s that they ruin the game for others over a virtual trophy. 

6 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

Yo, you want some chips with that salt?

Yo, want to actually make a worthwhile reply?

• Like 1

Just now, A_Random_Moa said:

So your argument is trophies mean nothing but the first thing you do is try give yourself a false sense of superiority by saying ‘my list is better than yours lol.’ You’re a hypocrite. My main point isn’t even people being trash it’s that they ruin the game for others over a virtual trophy. 

I say trophies don't define gaming skill, you said in your post that there's no point getting trophies if you cheese them. I say that the trophies are the same regardless of the way the trophies are earned. It's a fault in the game design if it doesn't penalise people for rage quitting, making a thread about it isn't going to help you, in-fact it might even make people intentionally look for your lobbies to troll you. I also mentioned my list being better than yours because of your elitist attitude towards people who work on trophies, you have 1 good platinum in your list and the rest is mediocre, you aren't in a position to say to people that they should basically do trophies the "hard way" when you haven't put your profile through much. 

1 minute ago, Sergen said:

I say trophies don't define gaming skill, you said in your post that there's no point getting trophies if you cheese them. I say that the trophies are the same regardless of the way the trophies are earned. It's a fault in the game design if it doesn't penalise people for rage quitting, making a thread about it isn't going to help you, in-fact it might even make people intentionally look for your lobbies to troll you. I also mentioned my list being better than yours because of your elitist attitude towards people who work on trophies, you have 1 good platinum in your list and the rest is mediocre, you aren't in a position to say to people that they should basically do trophies the "hard way" when you haven't put your profile through much. 

I literally don’t hunt trophies unless I really like the game. You just keep coming back to your list like anyone gives a shit lmao I definitely don’t. You still aren’t able to justify chessing being done at the expense of others so why are you even bothering? 

• Like 1

Just now, A_Random_Moa said:

I literally don’t hunt trophies unless I really like the game. You just keep coming back to your list like anyone gives a shit lmao I definitely don’t. You still aren’t able to justify chessing being done at the expense of others so why are you even bothering? 

Regardless of the method used to acquire the trophies, you aren't in a position to say to people "Please consider quitting fighting games or even trophy hunting all together" simply because they quit your match. I will agree that it is a dick move for someone to quit your lobby if it doesn't give you any XP or remove XP from them. Naming and shaming a guy for quitting matches with you is something this website wouldn't want and they're a trophy hunter so what would you expect? I'm just saying that if they end up getting the trophy by only fighting easy people and quitting on the tough opponents and you get it without quitting a single match, the trophy is going to be the same on both of your profiles, so telling them to "quit trophy hunting" over a method they used to earn the trophy is uncalled for. That's also the whole point of why trophies don't define gaming skill, because the journey from point A to point B might be different, but point B will always be the same. People are just going to assume you boosted the trophy anyway because there's no special tag to say otherwise. The game is popular enough for you to have opponents stay for entire matches that you can win in. 

2 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Regardless of the method used to acquire the trophies, you aren't in a position to say to people "Please consider quitting fighting games or even trophy hunting all together" simply because they quit your match. I will agree that it is a dick move for someone to quit your lobby if it doesn't give you any XP or remove XP from them. Naming and shaming a guy for quitting matches with you is something this website wouldn't want and they're a trophy hunter so what would you expect? I'm just saying that if they end up getting the trophy by only fighting easy people and quitting on the tough opponents and you get it without quitting a single match, the trophy is going to be the same on both of your profiles, so telling them to "quit trophy hunting" over a method they used to earn the trophy is uncalled for. That's also the whole point of why trophies don't define gaming skill, because the journey from point A to point B might be different, but point B will always be the same. People are just going to assume you boosted the trophy anyway because there's no special tag to say otherwise. The game is popular enough for you to have opponents stay for entire matches that you can win in. 

So you agree with my main point which is that it’s a dick move. You can move on now instead of white knighting a guy or telling me obvious shit like people are going to do it anyway. I’m not brain dead

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, A_Random_Moa said:

So you agree with my main point which is that it’s a dick move. You can move on now instead of white knighting a guy or telling me obvious shit like people are going to do it anyway. I’m not brain dead

You could have approached this better, as your introduction to the website could result in a warning point from the mods because you're naming and shaming people for how they chose to play the game. I do recommend removing his name before it comes to that, I'd have no problem with you complaining about people rage quitting and making a thread about it. It's when you decide to tell people that there's only one way people should be earning trophies and other ways should make them consider "quitting trophy hunting". You could just say "it's annoying that people rage quit this game when I am trying to get the 530,000 BP trophy, the game should have had penalties in place for people who rage quit, it's making my trophy take a lot longer". This would be a post that people likely wouldn't be offended by, as it's not targeting a person or slating a community for their decision to grind a trophy in a particular way. 

3 minutes ago, Sergen said:

You could have approached this better, as your introduction to the website could result in a warning point from the mods because you're naming and shaming people for how they chose to play the game. I do recommend removing his name before it comes to that, I'd have no problem with you complaining about people rage quitting and making a thread about it. It's when you decide to tell people that there's only one way people should be earning trophies and other ways should make them consider "quitting trophy hunting". You could just say "it's annoying that people rage quit this game when I am trying to get the 530,000 BP trophy, the game should have had penalties in place for people who rage quit, it's making my trophy take a lot longer". This would be a post that people likely wouldn't be offended by, as it's not targeting a person or slating a community for their decision to grind a trophy in a particular way. 

Yeah sorry but I really don’t care about offending people. Don’t worry though I’ve known about the site and been here a while I just have lilpain tell me what’s up since he’s really active. Bye

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What I don't understand is why the hell developers don't implement measures to make disconnects at least a bit more fair.

Why is it so hard to give the win to the player who stayed on the match and the loss to the disconnecting one? You could argue it's unfair for the one that disconnects because it could be an actual disconnect, then why not just give the disconnecting player 1 free disconnect every 24 hours for their safety? This way they can stop playing after a real disconnect if it is because their connection is unstable that day. That while still giving the points to the player that stayed regardless of the disconnecting player having that 1 protected disconnect.

I didn't have many disconnects in my time with DBFZ, and when it happened it made me feel good because I was during matches I completely destroyed my opponent, so I knew he was probably raging hard, lol.

Edited by AndresLionheart

I don't like quitters either BUT the correct way to complain about this is on the forums of Bandai Namco Entertainment and/or Nippon Ichi Software.

In Overwatch for example, ranked matches you lose some rating if you quit, on purpose or not.

If its not implemented in the game, you can blame the gamers but the behavior will stay the same. Most of Trophy hunters just care about trophies doesn't matter how to get it.

To sum up: I understand your complain but its a waste of time a post like yours in a community like this. deal with it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Throwing my two cents in after spending months getting my ass handed to me and climbing up finally to 530,000bp

no one cares if you boost, but disconnecting harms other players, it makes the games community worse and it doesnt even help you in the long run bc you’ll get the purple text name and especially in the dreaded 510-530000 range, people wont play you

be super thankful this is boostable to begin with

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I hate the BP trophy. Get some points... get thrashed and lose them. I'm all for boosting but if you start a fight and they win just take the L. I'm all ok for trophy hunting but let's not ruin it for the people just playing the game for fun.

Hmm reading this I don’t understand. You do know that outside of Street Fighter V many fighting games don’t take ranked match mode seriously at all lol. I myself got to 450k bp then boosted the rest. Sure I could’ve practiced more but the amount you lose (BP I mean) wasn’t worth it for me and I had other things to do. Can name shame me if you like lol. Arc systems changed the way ranked matches work in DBFZ anyway so it’s very easily boostable showing how little they care. Sure rage quitting is a huge gripe in fighting games but it’s the way it goes. Nobody should quit anything no matter how they sometimes act imho

Edited by Venomax
Wanted to fix sentence
  • Like 1