Batman: Arkham Collection coming on November 27

11 minutes ago, NanaCheese94 said:

oh yeah, the knife guys are the worst. I think I only hate the electricity stick guys more, but they were introducet in City I think.
Catwoman is pretty fun to play as, I got her DLC for free, but it takes some getting used to. Batman is so agile and gets everywhere quickly with his batclaw, and with catwoman you have to be slightly more careful, since she only got a whip and wall jumps that need timing. I assume Nightwing probably has some kind of claw too.

They are in Asylum too. And then Arkham Knight brings them in plus guys that can have electricity around them :P

She does look fun to play as. But I just find it unfair they had it where she was DLC even though she did have a part in the story even if it wasn't really a big part of it. But she did have a role unlike the other playable characters. It's been a while since I've seen Nightwing gameplay but I remember he has darts that you can use to snipe enemies and he has electric rods of his own. I remember Origins had Deathstroke as a pre-order DLC character too and I thought he was fun to play as. Apparently he was just a re-skinned Robin though. Still, I wouldn't mind if he got his own game.

9 minutes ago, mearhar1 said:

They are selling this collection for 59.99

You can literally buy Return to Arkham and Arkham Knight for 19.99 each......

The "Arkham Knight" you should be pricing is the Premium edition and not the standard version. That's 39.99. 

It's not a compelling price but also isn't the ripoff your math implies. 

56 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

The "Arkham Knight" you should be pricing is the Premium edition and not the standard version. That's 39.99. 

It's not a compelling price but also isn't the ripoff your math implies. 

The Premium Edition was on sale digitally just a couple of months ago for $13.99 and the digital version of Return to Arkham was $4.99 less than 2 weeks ago, so it definitely isn’t as reasonable as your math implies.

What is more interesting is that the description on the store makes no mention of the 4K pro upgrade. 

As a digital collection this makes no sense when it is priced at exactly the same amount as the individual components.

And if they have dropped the 4K upgrade as a stealth feature available only for owners of this collection, then they have literally found a way to charge $60 for a patch. Now that would be EA level douchebaggery.

Edited by diskdocx

Just now, diskdocx said:

And the Premium Edition was on sale digitally just a couple of months ago for $13.99 and the digital version of Return to Arkham was $4.99 2 less than 2 weeks ago, so it definitely isn’t as reasonable as your math implies.

What is more interesting is that the description on the store makes no mention of the 4K pro upgrade. 

As a digital collection this makes no sense when it is priced at exactly the same amount as the individual components.

And if they have dropped the 4K upgrade as a stealth feature available only for owners of this collection, then they have literally found a way to charge $60 for a patch. Now that would be EA level douchebaggery.

When did sale prices come into the mix? Those games where on sales and I picked up AK for 14 bucks then.

None of that changes the math behind the MSRP of all these products.

As far as 4K goes. Nothing was ever confirmed. Some other sites reported that this bundle would released on the 27th and commented on what they think was included/changed.  
Right now the bundle is as simple as simple gets. 3 games at a price of all 3 games combine. That's boring not evil.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

The Premium Edition was on sale digitally just a couple of months ago for $13.99 and the digital version of Return to Arkham was $4.99 less than 2 weeks ago, so it definitely isn’t as reasonable as your math implies.

I don't see the point in getting this collection unless you somehow missed out on the Batman Arkham games when they released.

Nobody did it better than CD Projekt Red who decided to pack The Witcher 3 Complete Edition with all DLC in one package. Buying the Premium Edition of Arkham Knight you still have to obtain a lot of the DLC content, and there's plenty of it which is reflected in the 110 trophies you can earn.

I have no interest in 4K, as a matter of fact I'll just wait until a year or so and find a PS4 Pro and Ultra 4K TV at a bargain price. By then the PS5 will probably be announced and I sure as shit am not going to be buying that crap when it comes out.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2018 at 8:51 PM, Spaz said:

I don't see the point in getting this collection unless you somehow missed out on the Batman Arkham games when they released.

Nobody did it better than CD Projekt Red who decided to pack The Witcher 3 Complete Edition with all DLC in one package. Buying the Premium Edition of Arkham Knight you still have to obtain a lot of the DLC content, and there's plenty of it which is reflected in the 110 trophies you can earn.

I have no interest in 4K, as a matter of fact I'll just wait until a year or so and find a PS4 Pro and Ultra 4K TV at a bargain price. By then the PS5 will probably be announced and I sure as shit am not going to be buying that crap when it comes out.

Sucks for you. Those of us that have the ability to enjoy 4K... enjoy it very greatly. I for one will be buying "that crap" the day it comes out. New technology fascinates me.

I am still curious if the 4K HDR updates are available for the previously released Arkham Asylum / Arkham City games. I have them, but it's still sealed. Don't have space to install them and find out either.