Batman: Arkham Collection coming on November 27

I guess the reason they don't include Origins is because they would have to remove the multi-player. Either that or it really is the black sheep of the series.

8 hours ago, NanaCheese94 said:

@Crispy_Oglop oh lol that sounds awful xD I even struggle with the regular fighting challanges so that will be a hard pass. But I want the DLC anyways, especially the story DLC ones. I don't care too much about the car though... that was the weakest part of AK imo

The combat challenges in every game after Asylum are easier if you remember you have special abilities to use. I remember how in Arkham City you could cheese (no pun intended) the combat challenges with the Bat Swarm ability. I don't even remember if that was a thing in Arkham Knight. If it was it was probably nerfed because I know I would have used it a lot. I've seen some say that the combat in Arkham is akin to a rhythm game and I can kind of see that. Then you have insane people like BatmanArkhamVideos doing stuff like this, and it makes the combat look much easier than it seems.

Spoiler

I couldn't stand the races though which is why I didn't really mess around with the 100% for it since it's pretty much just the same thing except with a different Batmobile. I did like the 1989 Batmobile though but that's because I have a soft spot for the Tim Burton movies.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I understand the point of this went Asylum and City have already been remastered and Knight is available on PS4 along with all the DLC. I guess there was never a collected GOTY version for Knight, but really this just seems like a cash grab. I doubt this will have any new trophy lists, since all of the games already have PS4 lists.

Like others, I would have liked to see a remaster of Origins, minus the MP, with a new trophy list. Only one of the bunch I don't own and won't be playing, although I do need to do Knight still. I actually just unwrapped it the other day.

WHERE THE FUCK IS ORIGINS!!!

Xbox in particular has no excuse, since it's back compat. Hell, even my fucking Wii U has Origins on it, why does the PS4 still lag behind?

24 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

I guess there was never a collected GOTY version for Knight

Umm...

arkham-knight-720x981.jpg

So the previous PS4 remasters of Asylum and City will get 4K HDR updates as well, or is it only exclusive to this release?

26 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Xbox in particular has no excuse, since it's back compat. Hell, even my fucking Wii U has Origins on it, why does the PS4 still lag behind?

Umm...

Reveal hidden contents

Origins was shit, and wasn't made by Rocksteady.

39 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Umm...

Hide contents

I don't recognize this green box thing. All games come in blue boxes for PS4.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diskdocx said:

I'm not sure I understand the point of this went Asylum and City have already been remastered and Knight is available on PS4 along with all the DLC. I guess there was never a collected GOTY version for Knight, but really this just seems like a cash grab. I doubt this will have any new trophy lists, since all of the games already have PS4 lists.

Like others, I would have liked to see a remaster of Origins, minus the MP, with a new trophy list. Only one of the bunch I don't own and won't be playing, although I do need to do Knight still. I actually just unwrapped it the other day.

At this point it's only rumor. Odd that it's a day away and there are no updates for such an collection on this site just a bunch of smoke on a couple less than official sites.

If true, then it's no more a "cash grab" than any other game collection. There might be concern over how they treat current owners of the first collection. If they can get AK for free or at a discounted price then it's pretty fair. 

40 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

At this point it's only rumor. Odd that it's a day away and there are no updates for such an collection on this site just a bunch of smoke on a couple less than official sites.

If true, then it's no more a "cash grab" than any other game collection. There might be concern over how they treat current owners of the first collection. If they can get AK for free or at a discounted price then it's pretty fair. 

Except that there is already a PS4 collection that came out. Knight could have been added, but they chose not to. So this is essentially a re-collection.

Good deal for anyone that doesn't have the Batman games, but I still say it is a cash grab. They are not going to give anything to owners of the first collection. And since NA didn't get a GOTY edition previously for Knight, this is just a more expensive way of re-releasing that game.

• Like 1

Except that there is already a PS4 collection that came out. Knight could have been added, but they chose not to. So this is essentially a re-collection.

That  doesn't make this supposed collection a cash grab. It's not like adding AK to the collection back then wouldn't have increased the price accordingly. What matters is how they treat people that already bought the previous collection. So long as they can either get AK for free or at a discounted price then nothing is wrong but you're jumping the gun complaining about marketing before a product exists to market.

Honestly the way I see it is that Rocksteady was expecting Arkham Knight to be Goty (it was in my eyes) and then releasing a goty edition but it didn't get it this time unlike asylum and city and so the other way to release another form of a goty edition is through this packaging. 

The other thing is that they're probably in the middle of their next game and perhaps wouldn't mind getting a small boost in funding for their next game. 

And as many others would mentioned, would 100% love to have origins included but yea it won't happen unfortunately.

1 hour ago, TJ_Solo said:

That  doesn't make this supposed collection a cash grab. It's not like adding AK to the collection back then wouldn't have increased the price accordingly. What matters is how they treat people that already bought the previous collection. So long as they can either get AK for free or at a discounted price then nothing is wrong but you're jumping the gun complaining about marketing before a product exists to market.

AK has been discounted so much, everyone whose interested already got it. It's clear that this collection to capture the players getting their first PS4 this holiday and are new to the series. 

8 hours ago, Redgrave said:

The combat challenges in every game after Asylum are easier if you remember you have special abilities to use. I remember how in Arkham City you could cheese (no pun intended) the combat challenges with the Bat Swarm ability. I don't even remember if that was a thing in Arkham Knight. If it was it was probably nerfed because I know I would have used it a lot. I've seen some say that the combat in Arkham is akin to a rhythm game and I can kind of see that. Then you have insane people like BatmanArkhamVideos doing stuff like this, and it makes the combat look much easier than it seems.

I actually came pretty close of finishing the Arkham Asylum challanges, it took a lot of dedication and concentration tough. I tend to start button mashing when I'm overwhelmed and that is guaranteed to break the combo. In that sense it really is kind of a rythmic style. The batswarm already exists in Asylum, it's one of the finishers you get after a certain combo count, it really is OP. Unfortunately I got even more overwhelmed by the amount of gadgets available and different enemy types with every new game. Maybe I'll go back to Asylum one day and try again, but the one challange I rage quit on felt almost impossible. It is the one where you fight on a electricity floor. I just couldnt keep up the combo for the life of me

Ahh fuck me I just watched a video of said challange, that guy makes it look so easy xD 

Edited by NanaCheese94
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, NanaCheese94 said:

I actually came pretty close of finishing the Arkham Asylum challanges, it took a lot of dedication and concentration tough. I tend to start button mashing when I'm overwhelmed and that is guaranteed to break the combo. In that sense it really is kind of a rythmic style. The batswarm already exists in Asylum, it's one of the finishers you get after a certain combo count, it really is OP. Unfortunately I got even more overwhelmed by the amount of gadgets available and different enemy types with every new game. Maybe I'll go back to Asylum one day and try again, but the one challange I rage quit on felt almost impossible. It is the one where you fight on a electricity floor. I just couldnt keep up the combo for the life of me

Ahh fuck me I just watched a video of said challange, that guy makes it look so easy xD 

Yeah, the games punish button mashing and it definitely took me some getting used to. When I played Asylum and was struggling with the challenges I think I was overthinking them or just didn't fully understand how I was doing them wrong. It really just comes down to having a high score through your combo, but the hard part is trying to not to lose it. When I finally understood that something just clicked and suddenly they weren't so bad. And yeah, the gadgets and enemy variety can be a bit overwhelming but once you make a habit of using the gadgets and knowing what enemy to use them on it gets a bit easier. I feel like Arkham Knight had the tougher enemy variety though since there were a lot of different types and most would have different ways of stopping your combo if you aren't careful. Especially those guys that have electricity around them ?

And yeah, I know which challenge you mean. That one took me a while too. I'm pretty sure this is the video that helped me get it if you want.

Spoiler

Like I said, it really just comes down to having a high score from your combo and making sure you keep it. There definitely is some room for error going by the video too. I think my biggest mistake was I would get greedy with the takedowns and forget you don't get invincibility frames from the one where you jump on top of an enemy. So it's really ideal to make sure the other enemies are at least knocked down if you're going to do a takedown on someone on the ground.

And yeah, it's pretty nuts :P He (or they since I'm pretty sure it's multiple people) have a lot of videos like that. I remember using them as a reference for the stealth challenges when I did those, even if I didn't do too well in replicating what they did :P

10 hours ago, majob said:

Personally I enjoyed Origins and  regardless, you shouldn't call something a collection when it's clearly missing a game that's a part of said collection. I wouldn't consider a dmc collection a proper one if it excluded the second game regardless of how bad it was. It's not a collection if it's missing a part of the series

I'd argue that it isn't part of the collection. Rocksteady envisioned the Asylum, City and Knight as part of an encompassing trilogy. Origins was made and written by a different team and studio and not an intended part of the collection outside of the name itself, which they forcibly tied in to capitalize on the Rocksteady trilogy.

It would be nice of them to include it as there isn't any reason not to. But comparably and critically it's a lesser experience in every sense of the word. It's a fun Batman game, but nowhere near on the level of the actual trilogy it latched onto.

2 hours ago, NanaCheese94 said:

Yeah, that's why I'll never have plats for any of the Arkham games. I suck at the combat, especially when you have to use every gadget. I really loved Spider-Man's combat though, so I wouldn't have minded if that had challenges tbh. 

3 hours ago, Redgrave said:

Yeah, the games punish button mashing and it definitely took me some getting used to. When I played Asylum and was struggling with the challenges I think I was overthinking them or just didn't fully understand how I was doing them wrong. It really just comes down to having a high score through your combo, but the hard part is trying to not to lose it. When I finally understood that something just clicked and suddenly they weren't so bad. And yeah, the gadgets and enemy variety can be a bit overwhelming but once you make a habit of using the gadgets and knowing what enemy to use them on it gets a bit easier. I feel like Arkham Knight had the tougher enemy variety though since there were a lot of different types and most would have different ways of stopping your combo if you aren't careful. Especially those guys that have electricity around them 1f62c.png

And yeah, I know which challenge you mean. That one took me a while too. I'm pretty sure this is the video that helped me get it if you want.

Reveal hidden contents

Like I said, it really just comes down to having a high score from your combo and making sure you keep it. There definitely is some room for error going by the video too. I think my biggest mistake was I would get greedy with the takedowns and forget you don't get invincibility frames from the one where you jump on top of an enemy. So it's really ideal to make sure the other enemies are at least knocked down if you're going to do a takedown on someone on the ground.

And yeah, it's pretty nuts :P He (or they since I'm pretty sure it's multiple people) have a lot of videos like that. I remember using them as a reference for the stealth challenges when I did those, even if I didn't do too well in replicating what they did :P

What really helped me back then was playing the whole game on hard difficulty first, so I didn't have the blue markers. It is required for the Platinum anyways, but at the time, that was something very new for me and it forced me to git gud basically xD I think the number one thing to remember is to use the dodge button and the batclaw. From watching the videos, I think my mistake was that I tried to get the variation bonus by using too much variation basically (I always tried to use most gadgets) But apparently, Batclaw, Batarangs and combo finishers are enough.

2 hours ago, Armored Squirrel said:

Yeah, that's why I'll never have plats for any of the Arkham games. I suck at the combat, especially when you have to use every gadget. I really loved Spider-Man's combat though, so I wouldn't have minded if that had challenges tbh. 

I'm feeling kind of inspired to try the Arkham challanges again now, so maybe if I can do it you could do it too. After all, I made it up to the Silver medal trophy before quitting. So I heard Spiderman has a similar fighting system, is that just in reference to the counter markers?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

What matters is how they treat people that already bought the previous collection. So long as they can either get AK for free or at a discounted price then nothing is wrong

Are you referring only to the 4K/HDR upgrade?

Edited by diskdocx

13 hours ago, Valyrious said:

So the previous PS4 remasters of Asylum and City will get 4K HDR updates as well, or is it only exclusive to this release?

That is what I want know, both asylum and city had a patch for the pro, but I don't think it was 4k and hdr though just visual upgrades.

4 hours ago, Armored Squirrel said:

Same for me, I coincidentally downloaded Asylum again the other day to see if I could work up the courage to try again, since I’ve heard it’s the easiest Arkham game to plat and also has a decently high plat %. I never liked the challenge mode, but I guess I’ll try to stick with it this time

7 hours ago, NanaCheese94 said:

So I heard Spiderman has a similar fighting system, is that just in reference to the counter markers?

The combat flows very smoothly, like you can zip and dodge from one enemy to another, and get 100x combo in less than two minutes. Hell you can even take away shields and guns without having to use special gadgets, and Spider-Man has a web bomb that can entangle nearly anyone! One major difference is: Bats can counter, Spidey dodges. But I might try out Asylum again, since Spidey's combat is heavily reminiscent of Arkham's, even though it has different tactics involved (since Arkham relies on special moves a lot, while Spidey only has the one finisher). 

5 hours ago, Charizarzar said:

since I’ve heard it’s the easiest Arkham game to plat and also has a decently high plat %. I never liked the challenge mode, but I guess I’ll try to stick with it this time

Yeah, i might give it another go, since I've been in the mood for more Spidey combat, Asylum might cure that itch. The only thing I'm really worried about is using every gadget in one combo, as Spider-Man lets you essentially pause while selecting a new gadget from the wheel to try out. Stealth challenges on Asylum were easy though. 

10 hours ago, NanaCheese94 said:

What really helped me back then was playing the whole game on hard difficulty first, so I didn't have the blue markers. It is required for the Platinum anyways, but at the time, that was something very new for me and it forced me to git gud basically xD I think the number one thing to remember is to use the dodge button and the batclaw. From watching the videos, I think my mistake was that I tried to get the variation bonus by using too much variation basically (I always tried to use most gadgets) But apparently, Batclaw, Batarangs and combo finishers are enough.

Yeah, I could see that helping too. By the time I played on Hard I think I was just so used to what the enemies tells were when they were about to hit that I didn't have much trouble. I'm sure it was the knife enemies that gave me the most trouble, although I got used to them when I played Arkham City. And yeah, I think I made that same mistake too. I would overthink it and thought it wanted me to just use everything possible :P

I can't really speak for the other playable characters though. I remember I wanted to play Nightwing but I didn't really feel like paying for it since it was just different challenges. I probably should have gotten Catwoman though since she actually does have a part in the story.

3 hours ago, Armored Squirrel said:

Yeah, i might give it another go, since I've been in the mood for more Spidey combat, Asylum might cure that itch. The only thing I'm really worried about is using every gadget in one combo, as Spider-Man lets you essentially pause while selecting a new gadget from the wheel to try out. Stealth challenges on Asylum were easy though. 

I completely forgot about that trophy. Honestly it's not so bad if you have a list in front of you and just do them one at a time. Even if you don't get it the first time it will probably become muscle memory and you'll get them without having to look at the list.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

'm sure it was the knife enemies that gave me the most trouble, although I got used to them when I played Arkham City

oh yeah, the knife guys are the worst. I think I only hate the electricity stick guys more, but they were introducet in City I think.
Catwoman is pretty fun to play as, I got her DLC for free, but it takes some getting used to. Batman is so agile and gets everywhere quickly with his batclaw, and with catwoman you have to be slightly more careful, since she only got a whip and wall jumps that need timing. I assume Nightwing probably has some kind of claw too.