Batman: Arkham Collection coming on November 27

089705-1.jpg

Report: Batman: Arkham Collection Coming on November 27

Batman: Arkham Collection could arrive next week featuring Arkham Asylum, Arkham City and Arkham Knight, possibly with 4K and HDR support.

A new report from TrueAchievements, who claim they saw an early store listing on Xbox, alleges that a new Batman: Arkham bundle titled Batman: Arkham Collection will be releasing on November 27th. The bundle will include a fully remastered Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City and a possibly updated version of Batman: Arkham Knight.

This isn’t the first of its kind – back in 2013 a bundle with the exact same name put together Asylum, City and Origins for last-generation consoles. What is different about this new bundle is that it does not include Origins, which has yet to be remastered for current-gen consoles, and instead has Knight. You can read of the apparent store description below:

“Batman: Arkham Collection brings you the definitive versions of Rocksteady’s Arkham Trilogy games, including all post-launch content, in one complete collection. Experience two of the most critically acclaimed titles of the last generation – Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City, with fully remastered and updated visuals. Complete your experience with the explosive finale to the Arkham series in Batman: Arkham Knight. Become the Batman and utilize a wide range of gadgets and abilities to face off against Gotham’s most dangerous villains, finally facing the ultimate threat against the city that Batman is sworn to protect.”

TrueAchievements point out that the store listing says “Xbox One X Enhanced” which might indicate all three games could receive full 4K / HDR support.

We are just 2 days away from the apparent release of this bundle, which is said to drop Tuesday, November 27. As a reminder, there is no official word from Warner Bros. or Rocksteady, and specific platforms and a price was not given by the report. So, who knows? We’ll have to see for ourselves this Tuesday if the games are bundled and if they are given 4K support.

We’ll update you if any more information regarding Batman: Arkham Collection arises.

https://www.dualshockers.com/batman-arkham-collection-xbox-one-spotted/

https://www.trueachievements.com/n35330/new-batman-arkham-collection-releasing-next-week-with-xbox-one-x-enhancements

I doubt this will include any new features, it’s probably just a repackaging of Rocksteady’s trilogy (the Return To Arkham Collection) and Arkham Knight’s Premium Edition in one digital bundle where you get all 3 games separately like Mass Effect Trilogy bundle and probably a physical edition that comes with 2 discs, one for Return to Arkham and the second with all the DLC on disc.

It’s probably just this but i’d be happy to be proven wrong and WB Games adding even more content to it like more concept art, developer commentary, more challenges, more bug fixes and improvements, reshuffled trophy list (especially for City’s DLC), more skins...like those Capcom collections. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NanaCheese94 said:

Maybe interesting if they include all the DLC, I never got to play any of them besides one I got for free.

All of the DLC in Arkham Knight is relatively do-able and much of it is basically cars and race specific. But the Community Challenge Pack is very very hard in my opinion - especially: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/3634-batman-arkham-knight/110-requiem-for-a-killer

Which is probably the hardest trophy across the main game and all existing DLC's. You have to effectively fight for about 20 minutes solidly. Which in itself is tough, but add to the fact that to get the requirement, you need to do it perfectly and you have a really tough challenge.

I'm sure some people will be like 'Oh lol I did it just fine lol, you just need to be good' but for me, this was a tipping point where I gave up going for the 100% in addition to the Platinum.

For anyone who hasn't played the trilogy or the DLC before, I consider this pack a must-buy though :)

I'd love to see an Arkham Origins remaster too, minus the multiplayer stuff. It's nowhere near as good as the Rocksteady trilogy, but it's a good game all the same and it never seems to get as much attention.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I'm guessing it's because Origins is technically owned by Warner Bros. So it could be a licensing thing

Rocksteady is a WB subsidiary so licensing shouldn't be an issue. I guess since they didn't make it, they don't want it served along with what they did make, which is stupid, WB games should handle that because it's stupid to release a collection that clearly doesn't have all of the games

Edited by majob

1 hour ago, RedDevil757 said:

Origins was awful. What's with all the love for it here... You all must of played a different game to me!

The point is that you shouldn't label something a collection unless it has all of the games that make up said collection 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

That is a bad point and doesn't explain the newfound "love" Origins is receiving. 

Personally I enjoyed Origins and  regardless, you shouldn't call something a collection when it's clearly missing a game that's a part of said collection. I wouldn't consider a dmc collection a proper one if it excluded the second game regardless of how bad it was. It's not a collection if it's missing a part of the series

Edited by majob
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, majob said:

Personally I enjoyed Origins and  regardless, you shouldn't call something a collection when it's clearly missing a game that's a part of said collection. I wouldn't consider a dmc collection a proper one if it excluded the second game regardless of how bad it was. It's not a collection if it's missing a part of the series

You don't make the rules or definitions.

It's a collection regardless of your bad opinion.

1 hour ago, RedDevil757 said:

Origins was awful. What's with all the love for it here... You all must of played a different game to me!

Is a great game in the Arkham series. Don't understand the hate for this chapter maybe is similar to AC true, after that point, great game. 

Edited by Neme-ita
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

You don't make the rules or definitions.

It's a collection regardless of your bad opinion.

The term "collection" as described in the dictionary

an assembly of items such as works of art, pieces of writing, or natural objects, especially one systematically ordered.

The lack of Origins means this is NOT in systemical order and thus not a proper collection. I don't make the rules but I certainly understand them better than WB Games does