How to get Comrades trophies after Update 1.27

Golden Devil Gamer

Can't for the life of me get my ps5 to connect to my PC and show up on Charles. The weird thing is last night after an hour somehow I finally got a prompt to allow the connection, and then after that... nothing. I already disabled my firewall and allowed Charles through it anyways, but when I connect my ps5 via an ethernet cable to my laptop it never wants to show up. Been trying on my ps4 too, same issue. Charles isn't recognizing the ps4/5. Anyone come up with an actual solution besides "nvm tried it again later and it worked"?

39 minutes ago, Whoop_Dee_Dew said:

Can't for the life of me get my ps5 to connect to my PC and show up on Charles. The weird thing is last night after an hour somehow I finally got a prompt to allow the connection, and then after that... nothing. I already disabled my firewall and allowed Charles through it anyways, but when I connect my ps5 via an ethernet cable to my laptop it never wants to show up. Been trying on my ps4 too, same issue. Charles isn't recognizing the ps4/5. Anyone come up with an actual solution besides "nvm tried it again later and it worked"?

You're connecting your PS5 directly to your laptop with an Ethernet cable? That's the sort of thing you'd do if you wanted to get your laptop to act as a router, not as a proxy server. Do you have Internet access on your PS5 when you do this? I'm going to guess not. Your PS5 and proxy server should be on the same LAN, but not necessarily directly connected to each other. 

1 hour ago, Gethron said:

You're connecting your PS5 directly to your laptop with an Ethernet cable? That's the sort of thing you'd do if you wanted to get your laptop to act as a router, not as a proxy server. Do you have Internet access on your PS5 when you do this? I'm going to guess not. Your PS5 and proxy server should be on the same LAN, but not necessarily directly connected to each other. 

Wow, I guess I misread or misunderstood step 5 because when I read “now your PC will be in between that connection” I though I had to connect directly to my pc. Now I can see some traffic on my computer from my ps5, but no pop up message and no internet connection, even though my ps5 gets an IP. If it’s not one thing it’s another.

6 hours ago, Whoop_Dee_Dew said:

Wow, I guess I misread or misunderstood step 5 because when I read “now your PC will be in between that connection” I though I had to connect directly to my pc. Now I can see some traffic on my computer from my ps5, but no pop up message and no internet connection, even though my ps5 gets an IP. If it’s not one thing it’s another.

Well, that's in improvement. If your proxy server sees traffic, but you're not getting an Internet connection, then I can see one of three things being the problem. The first is that your proxy isn't working correctly. I'd double check the settings for the proxy software. Also, this is a stupid question, but the laptop can access the Internet, correct? Because if the machine acting as a proxy can't get to the Internet then the machine's it's proxying for will have problems, too. The other two are that you have your default gateway or DNS servers misconfigured. Can your PS5 get to the Internet if you remove the proxy server entry? If no, then you need to work on that first.

4 hours ago, Gethron said:

Well, that's in improvement. If your proxy server sees traffic, but you're not getting an Internet connection, then I can see one of three things being the problem. The first is that your proxy isn't working correctly. I'd double check the settings for the proxy software. Also, this is a stupid question, but the laptop can access the Internet, correct? Because if the machine acting as a proxy can't get to the Internet then the machine's it's proxying for will have problems, too. The other two are that you have your default gateway or DNS servers misconfigured. Can your PS5 get to the Internet if you remove the proxy server entry? If no, then you need to work on that first.

So my laptop couldn’t access many websites after connecting to my proxy, and it turns out I had enabled the Allow List while I was messing around with settings getting it to work before, which denies access to anything not specifically allowed. Before I was trying to whitelist my ps5 I think. I disabled the allow list, and I got internet connection of my ps5 finally. I got confused initially because there were multiple JSON files, but I just remapped them all and got the 1.18 version and played a bit last night. I like computers and tech but the hardest part for me is learning software haha. Thanks for the responses.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know of a working website with update .json links? I want to downgrade to different, older patches (like 1.18) of the Japanese version. I found orbispatches but they only go down to 1.23.

Also, I did the 1.26 downgrade on both my PS4 and PS5 but I don’t see Comrades to download on PS5. I can only find it on PS4.

Edit: I used the wayback machine for some of the patch websites that don't work anymore. Looks like they didn't have patch 1.18 either. I could still use some help locating Comrades on PS5, though. If anyone knows how.

Edited by Moomba
checked

• 2 weeks later...

I'm doing fine until step 10. For some reason Charles doesn't show the file extensions, so can't really tell which is the .json file. Can someone help?

EDIT:

FYI, I'm using the PS5 Collection version.

EDIT 2:

Actually, I just noticed that file extensions are indeed showing, but I have a couple of them. I've tried to change the Remote Map settings in each one of them but it doesn't seem to work. Whenever I update the path it doesn't seem to register the changes once I press ok. It always goes back to the origin path.

tehbWhr.png

Edited by orliros
Case update. Added Screenshot.

On 9/9/2021 at 5:44 PM, orliros said:

I'm doing fine until step 10. For some reason Charles doesn't show the file extensions, so can't really tell which is the .json file. Can someone help?

EDIT:

FYI, I'm using the PS5 Collection version.

EDIT 2:

Actually, I just noticed that file extensions are indeed showing, but I have a couple of them. I've tried to change the Remote Map settings in each one of them but it doesn't seem to work. Whenever I update the path it doesn't seem to register the changes once I press ok. It always goes back to the origin path.

tehbWhr.png

I have the same issue with FFXV Royal Edition on PS5.

I've plugged in my PS4 Pro and repeated the steps and it does not have this issue, it looked exactly the screenshot in the original post and is successfully downloading 1.26.

It appears PS5 is making different HTTP requests at this time and probably needs a subject matter expert to understand what's going on here and apply the correct workaround. The PS5 appears to be adding a query to the HTTP requests and it's not clear if we need to replicate that in the 'Map Remote' or if the query needs modifying.

If you still have your PS4 I'd recommend trying that because at least you can play that until someone figures out the PS5 method.

Also does anyone know of any working websites with the pkg download URLs? The websites in the original post are no longer available. I'd like to get v1.18 for the Comrades bug exploits and same some time on grinding. Found the URLs and another guide on this here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/211428-final-fantasy-xv-multiplayer-expansion-comrades/faqs/77190/setup

Edited by InfraRedPS

Hi all!

I already use the method to get the 1.26 version, but I'm having some problems to access Comrades through the main game. When I try to access the contents I added through the main game, appears a message like " The installation of downloadable content has not yet been completed. Wait until the installation has finished and try again", but I already have installed the standalone version.  When I try to get into Playstation Store it says "Not possible to connect with Playstation Store". 

The file I can get to install Comrades has 30 Gb instead of 7,5 Gb, I don't know if that is a problem.

I can't see what I'm doing wrong. I tried with Wi-fi connection turned on and off, but it didn't work. 

If there's someone that can help, I would really be grateful. 

5 minutes ago, Tiago1331 said:

Hi all!

I already use the method to get the 1.26 version, but I'm having some problems to access Comrades through the main game. When I try to access the contents I added through the main game, appears a message like " The installation of downloadable content has not yet been completed. Wait until the installation has finished and try again", but I already have installed the standalone version.  When I try to get into Playstation Store it says "Not possible to connect with Playstation Store". 

The file I can get to install Comrades has 30 Gb instead of 7,5 Gb, I don't know if that is a problem.

I can't see what I'm doing wrong. I tried with Wi-fi connection turned on and off, but it didn't work. 

If there's someone that can help, I would really be grateful. 

What you have to install is the Comrades DLC and not the Standalone Version. Select the game on your dashboard or library, scroll to the PlayStation Store menu, check your Add-ons for the Comrades DLC and install it (should show up as "FFXV Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades" with a size of 7,5GB).

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TugaSonic said:

What you have to install is the Comrades DLC and not the Standalone Version. Select the game on your dashboard or library, scroll to the PlayStation Store menu, check your Add-ons for the Comrades DLC and install it (should show up as "FFXV Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades" with a size of 7,5GB).

I'm looking in my entire Playstation system and can't find the DLC version of Comrades, only the standalone. Do I need to have Playstation Plus to get it?

1 hour ago, Tiago1331 said:

Probably I never got de DLC version. I bought the Digital Royal Edition that, supposedly, gives access to the DLC, but I don’t have it. What should I do to have it?

The Royal Edition should have it. Like I said check your add-ons and see if it's there, here are two screenshots I took to help you find it:

Spoiler

x7fZimE.jpg

NfCh4L9.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TugaSonic said:

The Royal Edition should have it. Like I said check your add-ons and see if it's there, here are two screenshots I took to help you find it:

Hide contents

x7fZimE.jpg

NfCh4L9.jpg

Thank you for your help TugaSonic.

In fact, I don’t have the DLC in Add-Ons, like you have shown. Probably, I bought the wrong Royal Edition since there is one in portuguese (my language) and another in english. The last one is much more expensive, that is why I didn’t buy it. I will try with the other version.

Edit: It worked! I had the Royal Pack instead of the Royal Edition…finally I will get 100%! Thank you everyone!

Edited by Tiago1331

Hi everyone! I'm having a slight issue. I had already used this method before but I remember there being some issue with it last time and I had to workaround it - I just don't remember what the issue or workaround was! I'm using the EU version of the game. The issue is, none of the files end in .jsn, they all end in .pkg, Also to that, there is no edit mapping option. So the only way to get up the edit mappings, is to use ctrl+alt+m to bring up the mappings and go from there, but everything on it is blank. I tried filling the information myself, however the file size that is coming up for the update is 35.229GB, so I'm unsure if this is update .26 or 1.30. I guess I'll find out when it finishes downloading. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to ask a stupid question and I'm too lazy to check if this has been asked already(I have no patience to check all 25 pages), but I just bought the FFXV Royal edition and I thought can I get even Ardyn episode done/100% in version 1.26 even when it did come out after that patch? So shortly is it possible to 100% whole game plus all DLC in version 1.26 and are the any DLC or other small trophyless dlcs which doesn't work on version 1.26?

On 10/6/2021 at 10:44 PM, kuti2010 said:

Sorry to ask a stupid question and I'm too lazy to check if this has been asked already(I have no patience to check all 25 pages), but I just bought the FFXV Royal edition and I thought can I get even Ardyn episode done/100% in version 1.26 even when it did come out after that patch? So shortly is it possible to 100% whole game plus all DLC in version 1.26 and are the any DLC or other small trophyless dlcs which doesn't work on version 1.26?

thats unlikely, dlc before 1.26 will work but ardyn will not, just get all comrades trophies first then update to latest

Edited by KillLaGil

I managed to download on PS5, but it's a little bit different from PS4. thanks for the guide @Golden Devil Gamer

• At the step 11 it's the same as the guide, but you MUST fill the query otherwise it will be reverted to 1.30 which is 79GB

IMG-7125.jpg

• After that, re download and select base game and comrades DLC, not a standalone, it's because PS5 cannot see comrades as DLC after installing the base game unlike PS4.

IMG-7123.jpgIMG-7122.jpg

You can close the proxy server and resume your download in normal settings since the proxy is throttling my download.

Edited by uominee

I got stuck for more than a day trying to figure out how to update from 1.18 (comrades 1.0) to 1.26.

I saw a few posters having same problem sharing about removing stuff, but nothing extremely clear.

On Charles, you can click on tools (on top of the screen), then click map remote after you are done with 1.18

Remove all the stuff there to reset to 'default' for update to 1.26 (I deleted ffxv entirely after uploading save to cloud, then downloaded 1.26).

I presume you can check map local as well, but there was nothing there for me.

On a side note, for the clicking of 'map remote' for the json file, I have a small laptop screen and could not see or choose the options which are near the bottom.

I used the keyboard arrow button instead, and pressed up 2 times from the first option to select it.

Thanks a lot to Golden Devil Gamer for the guide; it allowed me to stack a few more stacks of FFXV.

• Like 1