Vote for December  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Another year Monthly Madness?

• Count me in!
    • Depends on the themes
    • Thanks, I'll pass

I have a couple more to add from July.

Broken Age:

• Counts toward another PSNP event (backlog pyramid)
  • First trophy more than a year ago
  • I think I walked into a cave at some point, but I don't remember actually being in a cave, so maybe I'm just remembering wrong... probably not hardcore :lol:

Escape Plan:

• Counts toward another PSNP event (gaming by numbers)
  • First trophy more than a year ago
  • Inside for pretty much the entire game, possibly underground, but no way to be sure, so again probably not hardcore :P
  • 4th game for the month!

Stats when joined:
Platinum trophies: 27
100% completed: 68
Completion: 40.18%

Stats now:

Platinum trophies: 46 (+19 this year)

100% completed: 98 (+30 this year)

Completion: 46.32% (+6.14% this year)

• Like 1

Ok, time for my wrap up for July...

4 games completed but only 2 would qualify for HC...

Cosmic Star Heroine (HC - underground areas) - platinum

Papers Please (the whole game has you inside a border guardhouse) - 100%

The Bridge (HC - the entrance to the last areas are underground, below your house) - 100%

The Unfinished Swan (some inside levels, in castle/towers) - 100%

So I also obtained the 4 games in 1 month challenge and each game was part of the KYC event this month.

Going to have to figure out what I want to play for August...

Stats

July

Plats: +1

100%: +4

Completion Rate: -1.36%

Event

Plats: 166 (+24 for event)

100%: 221 (+32 for event)

Completion Rate: 82.92% (+0.89% for event)

I tried finishing another game before the start of the month, but slightly didn't make it.

Platinum trophies: 64 (+36)
100% completed: 77 (+39)
Completion: 91.04% (+14.64%)

I already have my four games planed for this month and already started my first.

Aaaaaallllright so this month is basically RPG month for me! I was all worried that we wouldn't be able to use RPGs because some of them the party members are only visible when you fight, but then I read someone asking just that and got that as long as you see them on the screen with you at some point (such as in the background in battle) that counts. SO LET'S DO THIS! 

Last month I only completed two games, but I updated them as I completed them and my trophy count on the beginning post has them updated there. But I will add them here for completion's sake and any checking that needs to be done:

July Beginning Stats

• Number of achieved platinum trophies: 7 
    Spoiler

Sb84bd4.pngS0a230e.pngS0ba277.pngS1628ef.pngSd4ad83.pngS5c7830.pngSb099eb.png

• Number of 100% completed titles: 10
    Spoiler

S5b04a1.pngSb84bd4.pngS0a230e.pngS162733.pngS0ba277.pngS07a3ee.pngS01d3d3.pngS1628ef.pngSd4ad83.pngSb099eb.png

• Current completion percentage: 22.84%

1. Beholder: Complete Edition (Rainy Day Theme Platinum/Hardcore Requirement; Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event (both Kill Your Completion X and Gaming by Numbers); Complete a Game that you started this month (Began this game on the 1st of July))

2.  Burly Men at Sea (Rainy Day Themed Platinum/Hardcore Requirement; Complete a Game That Counts Toward a Different PSNP Event; Complete a Game That You Started This Month)

August Beginning Stats

• Number of achieved platinum trophies: 9 (+2)
    Spoiler

Sb84bd4.pngS0a230e.pngS0ba277.pngS1628ef.pngSd4ad83.pngS5c7830.pngSb099eb.pngSc9208c.pngS4c891b.png

• Number of 100% completed titles: 10
    Spoiler

S5b04a1.pngSb84bd4.pngS0a230e.pngS162733.pngS0ba277.pngS07a3ee.pngS01d3d3.pngS1628ef.pngSd4ad83.pngSb099eb.png

• Current completion percentage: 23.67% (+0.83)

Games planned for this month: Jak and Daxter, various RPGs

Putting down my first game for this month

One Piece: Pirate Warriors :platinum:

• Hardcore
  • Started a year ago
  • Different Event (Gaming by Numbers)

This game is fun in a mindless Musou/Dynasty warrior way, but a major drag for the plat. Skill coin RNG grinding is awful. The Hardcore requirement is fulfilled by Tony Tony Chopper, a reindeer that gained humanity traits.

latest?cb=20160207143020

Edited by ArtikSkarab

7 hours ago, Ashuri-B said:

Aaaaaallllright so this month is basically RPG month for me! I was all worried that we wouldn't be able to use RPGs because some of them the party members are only visible when you fight, but then I read someone asking just that and got that as long as you see them on the screen with you at some point (such as in the background in battle) that counts. SO LET'S DO THIS! 

Last month I only completed two games, but I updated them as I completed them and my trophy count on the beginning post has them updated there. But I will add them here for completion's sake and any checking that needs to be done:

The post you're probably refering to was specifically for Attack on Titan.

To make it clear: RPGs where your teammates are visible during exploration are fine. Also RPGs where they only are visible during combat if they fight by their own. That means RPGs without visible teammates during exploration won't count when you give orders to them during combat. I hope that's understandable.

An example of a game that would count is Final Fantasy 12 or Kingdom Hearts, as your companions are visible during exploration and combat.

Persona 4  also would count even though you give comands in battle for your teammates but they are visible during exploration.

I can't think of a RPG that wouldn't count right now but I'm sure there are some. To be sure you could post the games you're planning to play, then I can say if they count or not.

I also have a theme suggestion for next month:

Chinese Year: Play a game that features any animal from the chinese calandear.

Hardcore: Play a game that features the current years animal (pig)

I finished up KH 0.2 BBS: A Fragmentary Passage the other night. No Platinum, (but it could!) but you do have a certain high pitch voiced Mouse serve as your companion for a bit so would qualify as Hardcore. I'm also using it for the Gaming by Numbers event. If I can finish KH3 before the end of the month, that should earn me the big boy HC since I'll be traveling with an angry duck and lovable dog on my adventure.

First Platinum for the Month:
:platinum: JAK AND DAXTER: THE PRECURSOR LEGACY (PS4 version)

- Monthly Theme (Someone on your side)

- Hardcore ("Animal" companion)

- 10 year old game (Original Jak and Daxter released in 2001, and remakes count)

-  Complete a game that counts toward a different PSNP event (Gaming by the Numbers)

-  Complete a game that you started this month (First trophy on the 4th) 

I added the poll for next month. This time we have 7 theme suggestions. That means we will do 2 rounds of voting. The first round lasts until the 20th and the second until the end of the month.

For the second round we will vote between to top three of round one. Thanks to whoever was it that had the idea of doing multiple voting rounds.

Everything up to this post is updated.

Got the plat for Overcooked 2. Finished the campaign last year, got into it again after clearing the first game out of ps+
The first one felt a lot shorter so when i wanted to play more i grinded out the last trophies of the second game.

Since there are furry characters i think it will count for the hardcore requirement and the first trophy i got last year was on august 10, so the challenge for first trophy over a year ago also goes for this one

I'm finally on the home stretch with FF 13 so this month definitely is going to be the month I'll finish it. In the meantime I completed two other games. I originally chose them for the Crime theme, but they thankfully fit for this one too. 

LA Cops

• Completed within a month
  • Counts for another PSNP Event (Gaming By Numbers)

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

• Counts for another PSNP Event (Gaming By Numbers)

Depending on the games that I'm choosing for the other events I'll maybe even get a fourth game in.

A little behind on posting.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

• Counts towards a different PSNP event: Gaming by Numbers
  • Fulfills the Hardcore requirement: Ignoring all the animal themed super hero/villain names, you can have Rocket Raccoon and Howard the Duck as playable characters
  • Started this month

LEGO Marvel's Avengers

• Fulfills the Hardcore requirement: Again, ignoring just the animal themed names, there's Gorilla Girl, Devil Dinosaur, and Fin Fang Foom as playable characters. 
  • All currently released DLC
  • Started this month

Claire

• Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.
  • Fulfills the Hardcore requirement: Your dog, Anubis, follows you for most of the game
  • Started this month

Starting God of War now, so that will be my fourth.

• Like 1

@MarkusT1992 Would 2064: Read Only Memories count? It's a visual novel type game but you spend most of it wandering around with a little robot, who you do see on the screen sometimes when you're interacting in a room O.o I started it this weekend for a moderately quick platinum but I'm not sure if it counts or not xD 

15 hours ago, Ashuri-B said:

@MarkusT1992 Would 2064: Read Only Memories count? It's a visual novel type game but you spend most of it wandering around with a little robot, who you do see on the screen sometimes when you're interacting in a room O.o I started it this weekend for a moderately quick platinum but I'm not sure if it counts or not xD 

I althought thought about submitting a VN with Zero Time Dilemma but ultimately decided against it. VNs are kind of special for this theme. You can see your companions on screen but you don't really do anything.

I think I would count it though.

7 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I althought thought about submitting a VN with Zero Time Dilemma but ultimately decided against it. VNs are kind of special for this theme. You can see your companions on screen but you don't really do anything.

I think I would count it though.

Adding onto that: does my Phoenix Wright count? Maya is a companion for most of the cases, and in the third game her powers help you solve puzzles, but she doesn't necessarily actively do anything. 

15 hours ago, Lojtana said:

Adding onto that: does my Phoenix Wright count? Maya is a companion for most of the cases, and in the third game her powers help you solve puzzles, but she doesn't necessarily actively do anything. 

Like I said, VNs are special for this theme. I decided to not use my VN but if other people want to use them it's fine.

Since I know Ace Attorney pretty well I can say that it would count. Maya is onscreen during investigations and also in court which is enought to count. You even see Maya standing besides you in court.

Finished plats for a few games for this month's theme.  Each one you play with a party of other characters to do battle.

Superdimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls

Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception - also HC as your human looking companions are sort of animal hybrids with cat ears and tails (the furry parts as they naturally need to have human skin over the rest for fan service purposes)

Nice to have the theme taken care of early again this time so I'm not scrambling towards the end of the month.

Game(s) completed for this months challenge:

1 - God of War (2018) - platinum 

Challenges: 

• Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event - Gaming by Numbers

August Stats: 

Platinums: 31

100% completion: 44

Completion Percentage: 37.29% 

Edited by Chris1-1sirhC

Game 2: 2064: Read Only Memories 

(I decided this one counted after playing it because you do end up with different companions twice in the game other than the little robot who is always in the party, and these guys end up on the screen a couple of times while in the party)

- Monthly Theme (Someone on your side)

- Complete a game you started this month