Analyst Believes PlayStation 4 Is Under $400

skinner49

Read about it here!

ps4alternate_610.jpg

We hope that Sony reveals the price of the PlayStation 4 next week at E3, but even if they don't Sterne Agee's Arvind Bhatia thinks the system will be under $400.

In an investors' note, Bhatia reasoned that because of the high price of the PlayStation 3 ($600 for one model), Sony will avoid pricing the PS4 too high. "Given that experience, we believe Sony will aim to keep the price point for PlayStation 4 below $400," Bhatia said.

Bhatia also believed that Sony is so committed to this price point that they will accept losing money on the console. This is not unusual early in the life of a new system.

The PlayStation 4 will come out some time this holiday season. For another look at the system, take a look at this teaser from Sony.

Me either, it seems like a smart move and something that everyones been doing quicker and quicker, having the "basic" console etc. But I am all for it being less than $400

I think it's a smart move too.

It's gives buyers a choice between 2 consoles.

If they buy the "basic' console,they have the option of to buy a bigger HDD later in gaming(it's what I did with my PS3)

I'm expecting two different models as well with the cheapest one being $399 and the other being $499. 

Parker

My thoughts are along the same line. 

2 different models with the primary difference being HDD size. With Sony going all out in terms of hardware I hope the base model is 1TB, maybe 750BG. Personally I think that for Sony's strategy for the up-coming gen means that a 500GB would be too small. And really, SATA drives are cheap, your not paying much more for a 750-1TB HDD in bulk than you would 500GB. 

But Imagine this question will be answered in a couple days. 

Can't wait!