PS4 User Interface

DrakenSilverwing

If there's one thing I can take away from this, it's that hot girl gamers will flock to me and flirt relentlessly once I own a ps4. Consider me sold.

As for downloading a game like killzone, even just the mp portion, in the span of 30 seconds. I'll believe that when I see it...which I won't, because it's silly and fake.

Love the interface. When i first heard Sony where influxing more of a socia media feel into the PS4 i had my doubts, but it seems seamless switching from one thing to another. Aso you have the ability to like someone elses trophy achievements which also confirms there will be trophy support.

Edited by greatness432

That's how it works. You can share your real name with a "friend" if they share their name with you. It's opt-in, everyone else only sees your PSN id.Abso-freakin-lutely. If I remember correctly, the PS4 will buffer our gameplay so we can stop, rewind, record and upload gameplay at any time.

It's similar to how current game recorders like the Elgato Game Capture HD (which is awesome) function, but it's all supported on the PS4 hardware and won't require an external device.

Do you think you can save your vids to external hdd so you can put them on pc?

I reckon not. But you could upload to YouTube, then rip them from there. It ultimately depends on how and where they're shared.

I was thinking about stuff like doing reviews etc where you would want to put your videos into a editing software on your laptop, just a thought, would be good if the videos can be saved elsewhere

I was thinking about stuff like doing reviews etc where you would want to put your videos into a editing software on your laptop, just a thought, would be good if the videos can be saved elsewhere

It's a good question and I've just seen confirmation they'll be shared on YouTube and Facebook. There's also an editing app on the PS4 and we *might* be able to add commentary then and there. Time will tell.

If they can't be downloaded to PC via a USB flash stick (it's probable that we can, but depends on the licencing agreements for sharing gameplay videos with game publishers), then the worst case scenario is upload to YT, make it private, rip it to PC, edit, add commentary and titles, then reupload to YT.

No doubt Sony's already considered this scenario and have allowed for it either in the sharing options (copy to USB) or within the video editor.

• Like 1

It's a good question and I've just seen confirmation they'll be shared on YouTube and Facebook. There's also an editing app on the PS4 and we *might* be able to add commentary then and there. Time will tell.If they can't be downloaded to PC via a USB flash stick (it's probable that we can, but depends on the licencing agreements for sharing gameplay videos with game publishers), then the worst case scenario is upload to YT, make it private, rip it to PC, edit, add commentary and titles, then reupload to YT.No doubt Sony's already considered this scenario and have allowed for it either in the sharing options (copy to USB) or within the video editor.

Editing software would be very cool, I hope it's decent complex software... Rather than the simple clip and share they've shown off already

Editing software would be very cool, I hope it's decent complex software... Rather than the simple clip and share they've shown off already

It'll be simple stuff, I'm guessing akin to Elgato's video editing app for the Game Capture HD. Anything they create for the PS4 needs to be idiot-proof.