Is there a release schedule for the remaining episodes?

Quink666

2 hours ago, TsunadeSenju said:

It'd be nice to know. I don't know why there was such a long gap between the first and second episode. :/

yeah it was almost 4 months between episode 1 and 2. Really hope it wont take that long between the remaining episodes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 30/03/2019 at 7:58 PM, Datboy1991 said:

May, August, December

I'm waiting until december to play all the 4 games? Fuck man, I hate episodical stuff. Hopefully the engagement for this game is bad, the devs realize that these huge gaps don't work to maintain player interest and the next game will be completely released at once.

10 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

I'm waiting until december to play all the 4 games? Fuck man, I hate episodical stuff. Hopefully the engagement for this game is bad, the devs realize that these huge gaps don't work to maintain player interest and the next game will be completely released at once.

Why would you hope for engagement to be bad? They probably should have gotten these out sooner but they need at most 4 months to make the episodes that match their vision for them. Also each episode isn’t an individual game in it of its self, you know that right? I want Episodic Games to continue, especially after Telltale collapsed. Nothing wrong with Episodic games, it’s you that is the problem. Hopefully they make every game Episodic from here on out, it’s the perfect way to spite people like you.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Why would you hope for engagement to be bad? They probably should have gotten these out sooner but they need at most 4 months to make the episodes that match their vision for them. Also each episode isn’t an individual game in it of its self, you know that right? I want Episodic Games to continue, especially after Telltale collapsed. Nothing wrong with Episodic games, it’s you that is the problem. Hopefully they make every game Episodic from here on out, it’s the perfect way to spite people like you.

i'm not entirely sure why would you want to be timegated in regards to actually purchasing/using content, nor I do understand why anyone, literally anyone, would rather sit and wait several weeks to have the full experience of any game whatsoever, rather than completing their games on their own pace. Feel free to enlighten me on the subject.

I'm not against the games, but rather the model they get pushed out. I'm very much looking forward to play Life Is Strange 2, as it can be noted by my previous post, I just really dislike being forced to wait until December to actually experience the entire game.

• Like 1

The alternative is that they release it all in December when it is ready.

So I don’t see how releasing episodic content early when it is ready is any worse.  You can always choose to buy it all when it is finished so really no different.  Now you have two options instead of one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, djb5f said:

All 5 episodes, it would be ideal.

4 minutes ago, djb5f said:

You can always choose to buy it all when it is finished so really no different.

Literally what I'm waiting to do. Meanwhile, I get to see spoilers for over a year of a game I want to play all at once, because of this business model. Games shouldn't be treated like TV Shows.

4 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

All 5 episodes, it would be ideal.

Literally what I'm waiting to do. Meanwhile, I get to see spoilers for over a year of a game I want to play all at once, because of this business model. Games shouldn't be treated like TV Shows.

I hear you on the spoilers but unless you are actively researching or looking for them, I doubt you will come across.

Just now, djb5f said:

I hear you on the spoilers but unless you are actively researching or looking for them, I doubt you will come across.

That would be great if people had the bare minimum of common sense, but they do not.

I doubt anyone actually enjoys having to wait 4 months between episodes. By then, either you no longer remember all the things that happened as well or completely forgot the important details. Recap is needed both ways, does anyone wins with this? Until proven otherwise, I'll always believe that padding out content is bad for the consumer.

14 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

Yeah I bought it at launch thinking it would be a 5ish week wait in between episodes, which is absolutely reasonable. When Ep1 was launched, no release date was announced and we ended up waiting 4 months for the second. I had honestly forgotten most of what happened in the first episode, and my attachment to any of the characters had long since faded. 

9 hours ago, djb5f said:

There is another option:

mid June 2019 

late July

early September

mid October

early December

Stays true to the episodic format, gives them enough time to finish, and keeps the spacing consistent with other games. But they wanted to rush an episode 1 out, and here we are. 

My biggest problem with episodic games is that you pay a premium to play the game episodically. You either put down the money up front at full price, not knowing what you will get or pay individually at an even higher price. If you wait until the whole game comes out however, you can buy it for a fraction of that price. I can't even count the amount of times I've seen S1 go on sale for $5 or less. They devalue these types of games so much that I am disincentivised to play it the way they intend. It's the same reason I passed on the final season of TWD when they threw in literally every other Telltale game as a preorder bonus. I still thought I could get it cheaper somewhere down the line.

Edited by DaikichiKawachi

13 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

i'm not entirely sure why would you want to be timegated in regards to actually purchasing/using content, nor I do understand why anyone, literally anyone, would rather sit and wait several weeks to have the full experience of any game whatsoever, rather than completing their games on their own pace. Feel free to enlighten me on the subject.

I'm not against the games, but rather the model they get pushed out. I'm very much looking forward to play Life Is Strange 2, as it can be noted by my previous post, I just really dislike being forced to wait until December to actually experience the entire game.

You just don’t get it clearly, Episodic games clearly aren’t for you.

3 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Because Square enix that's why, haha.

No, it’s because they need that much time for the game to match the vision they want for it, can’t do something like this game and expect every episode to be good if they come out either every month or every other month.

So many cheap people on here lol. Lighten up tightwads.

This ‘new age’ of releasing half finished games, base game content cut turned into DLC, games released into ‘episodes’ make me wonder what gaming will be like in the next 10 years. 

Its like ordering a hamburger and the condiments are ‘coming soon’

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

It's literally what I said from start. No one should support this business practice, games shouldn't be treated like TV Shows. Thankfully it doesn't seem to be a good practice, since the companies will usually give up the model after one attempt or two.

Resident Evil had Revelations 2 and then didn't try again.

We all know what happened to telltale so LOL on that.

A bunch of other smaller companies did this, one of them bankrupting before the release of the final episode, which is now never going to be completed. If someone remembers the title, please quote me, it was either about vampires or detective cases, i think.

Seems like there is only Square Enix supporting this for Life Is Strange and Hitman. I can see it working for Hitman, since that's a game that people will mostly play for the gameplay experience, rather than the story, so it doesn't matter that much if you play it months after the previous episode, since the previous episode is irrelevant.

On the link posted above, you can see a few more people basically saying the same as me too:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

I just hope the company realizes that most of their income could come from the sale of the full product and they could just profit way more selling the full product at once at full price, rather than splitting it up over the months and then having to sell the game at sale price later down the road.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

It's literally what I said from start. No one should support this business practice, games shouldn't be treated like TV Shows. Thankfully it doesn't seem to be a good practice, since the companies will usually give up the model after one attempt or two.

Resident Evil had Revelations 2 and then didn't try again.

We all know what happened to telltale so LOL on that.

A bunch of other smaller companies did this, one of them bankrupting before the release of the final episode, which is now never going to be completed. If someone remembers the title, please quote me, it was either about vampires or detective cases, i think.

Seems like there is only Square Enix supporting this for Life Is Strange and Hitman. I can see it working for Hitman, since that's a game that people will mostly play for the gameplay experience, rather than the story, so it doesn't matter that much if you play it months after the previous episode, since the previous episode is irrelevant.

On the link posted above, you can see a few more people basically saying the same as me too:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

I just hope the company realizes that most of their income could come from the sale of the full product and they could just profit way more selling the full product at once at full price, rather than splitting it up over the months and then having to sell the game at sale price later down the road.

I for one like the episodic business model, mainly because it's continued use supplies me with the adequate amount of sweet salty gamer tears I need to properly quench my prodigious thirst. I'm thinking of fashioning some sort of goblet in the shape of (possibly orkish) skull, because deep down I'm a sociopath.

I don't mind the episodic format in general - I actually quite like having the cliffhangers and so on, but the schedule for LiS2 has been pretty ridiculous to be fair. 

There was a bigger gap between the first and second episodes of LiS2 than between the second a third episodes of The Walking Dead Final Season, even though Telltale went bankrupt and Skybound stepped in between those two episodes. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

No, it’s because they need that much time for the game to match the vision they want for it, can’t do something like this game and expect every episode to be good if they come out either every month or every other month.

So many cheap people on here lol. Lighten up tightwads.

It was a joke Square enix is known to take ages making their games you need to calm down.