Possible Season Pass?

Alantor32

When I got up this morning, I learned from one of my PSN Chatroom friends that KH3 will be getting a season pass since he said SE rushed the game and are planning to add the unfinished content as a season pass. But I am confused, didn't SE said they are not doing a season pass but will do DLC? Did my friend get this from random internet forums and got it wrong?

8 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I don't think it was confirmed that the game was rushed at all. In fact, they delayed it just to polish it. With that said, I'd fully support DLC for the game. I felt like the ending clearly set up a continuation or large expansion without getting into spoiler territory.

I suppose part could but...

Spoiler

felt more like setting up the next saga of Kingdom Hearts.

• Like 1

Kingdom Hearts 2 originally came out in 2005

Kingdom hearts 3 was announced in 2013 and released in 2019

It's been about 6 years between it being announced and it finally releasing. If you are measuring it taking into account when the previous true sequel came out - it's been well over a decade.

@MMX20 Not sure where your friend got the whole 'rushed' part here :( 

• Like 2

On 2/7/2019 at 10:54 AM, Crispy_Oglop said:

Kingdom Hearts 2 originally came out in 2005

Kingdom hearts 3 was announced in 2013 and released in 2019

It's been about 6 years between it being announced and it finally releasing. If you are measuring it taking into account when the previous true sequel came out - it's been well over a decade.

@MMX20 Not sure where your friend got the whole 'rushed' part here :( 

Well, Rukiafan7 and I are not longer friends because of an argument on our different views of modern gaming. 

And I agree on what you say. I honestly don't know where he got the whole rushed thing and why he thinks this game will get a season. It must be that he either must be naive or believe anything the internet say. The internet can be a crazy place and while Rukiafan7 and I are no longer friends, I can say he shouldn't believe anything the internet says, because he could hold accountable for false information and getting people riled up because of it.

I'm not sure if doing a DLC story episode or the like is something SE would do for this series. That said, I was under the impression this game would bring things to a complete close, at least for our core cast, and it didn't do that so SE has something planned to milk this a bit longer. Honestly, an Epilogue DLC would be fitting because I don't know if anyone likes the idea of them concluding the story with anything other than a numbered entry. Fans certainly aren't going to wait another decade+ for Kingdom Hearts 4.

That aside, it's entirely possible for a game to get stuck in development hell for a 5+ years and still be "rushed" and quite frankly as a player, the game feels like it was rushed. There's a whole bunch of stuff used to pad out the game; from drawn-out cutscenes, pointlessly padded out world designs, and generic plot threads for most of the game that serve no purpose in moving the story forward.

Perhaps they can bring it to a proper close with Kingdom Hearts III Final Mix? That seems like the best avenue for them to take to expand the game more.

1 hour ago, Artum-sama said:

I'm not sure if doing a DLC story episode or the like is something SE would do for this series. That said, I was under the impression this game would bring things to a complete close, at least for our core cast, and it didn't do that so SE has something planned to milk this a bit longer. Honestly, an Epilogue DLC would be fitting because I don't know if anyone likes the idea of them concluding the story with anything other than a numbered entry. Fans certainly aren't going to wait another decade+ for Kingdom Hearts 4.

That aside, it's entirely possible for a game to get stuck in development hell for a 5+ years and still be "rushed" and quite frankly as a player, the game feels like it was rushed. There's a whole bunch of stuff used to pad out the game; from drawn-out cutscenes, pointlessly padded out world designs, and generic plot threads for most of the game that serve no purpose in moving the story forward.

Perhaps they can bring it to a proper close with Kingdom Hearts III Final Mix? That seems like the best avenue for them to take to expand the game more.

SE said in their exact words they are doing DLC, but no season pass and Final Mix version.

On 2/7/2019 at 7:31 AM, MMX20 said:

When I got up this morning, I learned from one of my PSN Chatroom friends that KH3 will be getting a season pass since he said SE rushed the game and are planning to add the unfinished content as a season pass. But I am confused, didn't SE said they are not doing a season pass but will do DLC? Did my friend get this from random internet forums and got it wrong?

when you get older, you'll get wiser.  Square has several FINISHED worlds and all it's content done already. They are planning on nickle and diming this game like they did with FFXV. They changed the structure of KH3 in order to just fit extra add-on content in the game like puzzle pieces. Even playing through KH3 you could easily tell how the worlds felt like DLC and just sorta fit in like a puzzle piece.

Obviously you'd have to be very naive to think that Square rushed KH3. It's the complete opposite! They took their sweet time with the game. No Genie? No Jack Skellington? No Beast? No Mulan?? Yet there is Simba, Stitch, Ariel.... all less popular than the characters i previously mentioned. Why is that? Because Square already has worlds planned and finished for DLC and Aladdin, Nightmare Before Christmas, etc etc are going to be those worlds. You'll see. And you'll be the wiser for it :)