Post your PlayStation 3 disc only games!

Razzee-P

Oh i thought at first time it was to share all PS3 physical collection of each one , but now reading better i see it's only the physical only copies ^^

I don't know for sure which ones i have are only physical but i know i have a few that meets the criteria . I'll be sure to share them when i go through them and search which ones are physical only .

Cheating with some as they're delisted. Japanese game is the first JP stack of Deadly Premonition, Red Seeds Profile.
Superstars V8 is the EU stack. Some games might be available on NA or HK stores still.

Spoiler

rktyApw.jpg
QnhIqDE.jpg
EpwVjNy.jpg
cgmVTH6.jpg

Ayy lmao knew I would forget something! Got Yakuza 3 also.

Edited by totallycrushed
  • Like 2

cloudy with a chance of meatballs

lego dimensions

lego indiana jones 2: the adventure continues (still counts despite it being on PS NOW).

Rio

trying on the top of my head to remember some more but it's all i have at the moment.

Edited by kingdrake2
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Asvinia said:

Just Nier and Yakuza 3 that I know of. Wouldn't even know how to find out if any games I own are disc only

Edit: Having looked at a couple, Lolipop Chainsaw and all the Cabela games are disc only.

I searched through going over the PS Store and check if it says disc only game based or listed but can't buy or no price whatesoever or can't even been found while searching on PS Store .

@Neyaru small edit for your list, switch Deadly Premonition to Red Seeds Profile. Deadly Premonition is available digitally on all regions. (I know it’s a bit confusing since it’s basically just a title change :P ) also it would be blue since RSP isn’t on any other platform.

Edited by totallycrushed
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sigma999 said:

I searched through going over the PS Store and check if it says disc only game based or listed but can't buy or no price whatesoever or can't even been found while searching on PS Store .

Ah yeah that's what I did. Thought there might be some other way I didn't know about.

10 minutes ago, Asvinia said:

Ah yeah that's what I did. Thought there might be some other way I didn't know about.

I also heard on a group that exists a section on PS Store that lists the disc only games however from the EU Store i couldn't find that section , maybe on NA PS Store there is that section.

Edited by Sigma999
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

@Neyaru small edit for your list, switch Deadly Premonition to Red Seeds Profile. Deadly Premonition is available digitally on all regions. (I know it’s a bit confusing since it’s basically just a title change :P ) also it would be blue since RSP isn’t on any other platform.

Red Seeds Profile = Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut

This one is available on the PS Store. I will be removing this one, then.

To not inflate the list with Japanese-only games (since it's a minority here that understands the language), I will consider only the games localized to English.

Just now, totallycrushed said:

@Neyaru no biggie. I was just thinking from trophy collector’s perspectife if they would want to get the stack since there’s RSP, the Western DP Director’s Cut and the JP Digital DP Director’s Cut. 

All the games shown in your three photos are disc only? That will help a lot! I will be adding them later.

Here's some that I know that are physical only (at least I never saw a digital release):

• Final Fantasy XIII
  • Overlord: Raising Hell
  • Overlord II
  • Sonic The Hedgehog (the dreaded Sonic '06)
  • Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (or Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection in Europe)
  • The Godfather: The Don's Edition
  • Test Drive Unlimited 2
  • Tomb Raider Trilogy (from the collection only Underworld is available digitally, Legend and Anniversary are only available on the collection which is physical only).

The only game I own from the above list is just Tomb Raider Trilogy.

• Like 1

Sharing my , so far , known disc only PS3 games 

5FxrXIq.jpg

This is based of not being available digitally on EU PS store which i'm from , although you have some that were re-release on PS4 ,for example , digitally like Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, Star Ocean 4K and Warrirors Orochi Ultimate , they are not available on the PS Store for PS3 . The only one , i have doubt if it counts as having digital version is Sniper Elite V2 cause it's available on PS Now but not to buy on PS Store . 

And apparently , i just now realized that i also have at least 3 more PS3 games on my collection that are physical only , thanks to @TugaSonic post , Tomb Raider Trilogy , Final Fantasy XIII and Test Drive Unlimited 2.

Edited by Sigma999
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Sigma999 said:

Sharing my , so far , known disc only PS3 games 

5FxrXIq.jpg

This is based of not being available digitally on EU PS store which i'm from , although you have some that were re-release on PS4 ,for example , digitally like Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, Star Ocean 4K and Warrirors Orochi Ultimate , they are not available on the PS Store for PS3 . The only one , i have doubt if it counts as having digital version is Sniper Elite V2 cause it's available on PS Now but not to buy on PS Store . 

And apparently , i just now realized that i also have at least 3 more PS3 games on my collection that are physical only , thanks to @TugaSonic post , Tomb Raider Trilogy , Final Fantasy XIII and Test Drive Unlimited 2.

That's quite a nice collection! 

There are several that I'm actually looking to get someday... And I actually found several on some sites for 20-25€, still thinking about getting them.. 

I will "list" my games in a bit (I'm not on the same place as my ps3 collection, so the best I can do is list them, along a photo of a few that I have here..) 

• Like 1

Ok, so my list...

Blur
Colin McRea Rally: Dirt
Colin McRea Rally: Dirt 2
Cross Edge
Digimon: All Stars Rumble
Dirt 3
Dirt Showdown
Disgaea 3
Disgaea 4
Driver San Francisco
Enchanted Arms
Enslaved (Special Edition)
Eternal Sonata
Final Fantasy XIII (Collector's Edition)
Folklore
Gran Turismo 5: Prologue
Gran Turismo 5 (Collector's Edition)
Gran Turismo 6 (Anniversary Edition)
Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMix-
Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMix-
Last Rebellion
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
MotorStorm: Apocalypse
Need For Speed Shift
Nier
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3
One Piece: Unlimited World Red
Overlord: Raising Hell
Overlord 2
Persona 4 Arena 
Ridge Racer 7
Shining Resonance (JP)
SoulCalibur IV
Star Ocean The Last Hope: International
Street Fighter IV
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
Tales of Xillia 2 (Day One Edition)
Tekken 6
Tekken Hybrid - Just realized that this game "disappeared" from my collection, if my screenshots are right...
The Sly Trilogy (Sly mini-games, only available in this version)
Tomb Raider Trilogy (Tomb Raider Anniversary, is only available in this version)
Trinity Universe
White Knight Chronicles
White Knight Chronicles 2
Wet
Valkyria Chronicles
X-Man Origins: Wolverine
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

I think that's all (and ya, I just noticed that a game disappeared from my list..)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Neyaru said:

It's said today that the future lying ahead is one where games won't have their physical copies, but what about the obsolete concept of a finite number of copies?

They tend to become even rare over time, and I believe that if the PlayStation 5 offers native backwards compatibility on release, it might awake the interest.

I had the idea of creating a thread so you can post your collection of games that are not available through the PlayStation Store. 

Reveal hidden contents

j5MhYlI.jpg

As you guys post your collection, I plan on listing all these games on this thread to convert it into an utility thread (like the three fixed threads).

Games that received physical/digital release for Xbox 360 (ex.: Cross Edge) or PlayStation 4 (ex.: YAKUZA 3) only in Japan will be listed as PS3 exclusives.

Games that were once available on PlayStation Store (ex.: J-Stars Victory Vs) or Steam (ex.: Test Drive Unlimited 2) but got removed will be listed accordingly.

PS3 exclusive games are written in bright blue.

PS3/X360 exclusive games are written in emerald.

Multi-platform games are written in strong red.

Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel

Bleach: Soul Resurrección

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

Cross Edge

El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron

Enchanted Arms

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

Eternal Sonata

Fallout 3

Fallout: New Vegas

Fight Night Round 4

Final Fantasy XIII

Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage

Hyperdimension Neptunia 

J-Stars Victory VS

LEGO Dimensions

LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues

Lollipop Chainsaw

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2

NieR

Overlord: Raising Hell

Overlord II

Persona 4 Arena

Resistance 3

Ridge Racer

Silent Hill: Downpour 

Silent Hill: HD Collection

Silent Hill: Homecoming

Sniper Elite V2

Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

Splatterhouse

Tekken 6

Test Drive Unlimited 2

Time and Eternity

The Beatles: Rock Band

The Tomb Raider Trilogy

The Godfather

Trinity Universe 

Valkyria Chronicles

Warriors Orochi 3

White Knight Chronicles

White Knight Chronicles II

YAKUZA 3

Should be noted depending on the region, some games won't be disc only.

I.e on the NA store, persona 4 arena is available as a digital purchase, same with lords of shadow 2

Edited by SnowxSakura

Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010

Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011

Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012

Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013

Cabela's Adventure Camp

Cabela's Big Game Hunter: Pro Hunts

Cabela's Outdoor Adventures

Cabela's Hunting Expeditions

Cabela's African Adventures (PS4)

Cabela's African Adventures (PS3)

Cabela's North American Adventures

Cabela's Survival: Shadows of Katmai

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires

Dynasty Warrios 7 Xtreme Legends

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3

Are also all disc only in the EU at least.