A friend in need 100% working guide

47 minutes ago, Pound_of_Life89 said:

First go to SHD map. 

Ask a friend or crew member to help for this trophy. 

1.Wait for a call to come in. 

2. Make sure you accept the call (orange ! symbol) and your friend joins immediately after you respond.

(exact after you hold :up: on orange ! symbol your friend needs to join you) 

3. Now the friend should be in your group and in the left side of the SHD map stays respond for call. ( that's the 100% trophy trigger) 

4. After your friend goes down revive him and the trophy pop. 

Tomorrow I'll try but anyway your topic's title increases my hope thanks! 

Edit: 

so so I tried this before but I didn’t read it right. I thought you had your friend join after you had zoned into the person calling for help. I misunderstood and that’s why I said it didn’t work.

i tried it exactly as the OP said and got it today and with it, the platinum.

thanks!

Edited by DoctorDrPepper

Can you clarify this? 

The friend is supposed to join you the second you get a call for help? And when he joins you, then you immediately accept the help request, which makes you + friend join the guy calling for help? And then you revive your friend? 

1 hour ago, ghost_spike said:

Can you clarify this? 

The friend is supposed to join you the second you get a call for help? And when he joins you, then you immediately accept the help request, which makes you + friend join the guy calling for help? And then you revive your friend? 

No. the friend must join 1 second after you accept the call from the random agent. This bugs the trophy the positive way for you. Revive your friend or yourself and boom trophy. 

It works 100%.

Maby with pics all understand. 

5 minutes ago, Pound_of_Life89 said:

Go to SHD. Wait for a call come in. Hold your friend back. Join the agent and now your friend joins immediately. Now only your friend and you should be in a group. Easy

Edited by Pound_of_Life89
  • Like 2

Worked for me first try. I didn't even go through the joining other person load screen like the steps seem to imply, I held Up to join the other person, friend joined me, then I was just stuck in my own lobby with the "Responding to call for Backup" in my map screen. Thank you for posting this method. 

Edited by Gage

Just a clear summary of this excellent method by @Pound_of_Life89 - all credit goes to him.

1) Have a friend join your PS4 voice chat party, BUT NOT the in-game party – you need to be able to speak and give your friend a well-timed command.
2) Both people fast travel to the White House to minimize loading times.
3) Either wait for a call for help or open the world map section, where calls for help are displayed, hover over one of the exclamation marks.
4) The most important part: tell your friend to be ready to join you – have him select you in the social tab of the menu & just wait for your signal to press X to join you.
5) Accept the call for help and as soon as you do, IMMEDIATELY tell the friend to join your group.
6) If done right, your friend should join you, and you both won’t join the agent calling for help (you’ll now be in a party - only you and your friend), but the game will be stuck on responding to a call for help – this is the trophy trigger. You can check if the game is stuck on responding to a help request in the matchmaking section of the world map.
7) Exit the White House area and have your friend kill himself with his own grenades.
8) Revive your friend.

The trophy should unlock after about 20-30 sec max.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ghost_spike said:

Just a clear summary of this excellent method by @Pound_of_Life89 - all credit goes to him.

1) Have a friend join your PS4 voice chat party, BUT NOT the in-game party – you need to be able to speak and give your friend a well-timed command.
2) Both people fast travel to the White House to minimize loading times.
3) Either wait for a call for help or open the world map section, where calls for help are displayed, hover over one of the exclamation marks.
4) The most important part: tell your friend to be ready to join you – have him select you in the social tab of the menu & just wait for your signal to press X to join you.
5) Accept the call for help and as soon as you do, IMMEDIATELY tell the friend to join your group.
6) If done right, your friend should join you, and you both won’t join the agent calling for help (you’ll now be in a party - only you and your friend), but the game will be stuck on responding to a call for help – this is the trophy trigger. You can check if the game is stuck on responding to a help request in the matchmaking section of the world map.
7) Exit the White House area and have your friend kill himself with his own grenades.
8) Revive your friend.

The trophy should unlock after about 20-30 sec max.

OK thx. Copy and paste. 

• Like 1