Sarsky

Whats your progress s ranking?

131 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, SouIXReaper said:

Mission 8 is just stupid on DMD, I had 5867 stylish points on my first attempt. I feel like this will be the last truly challenging mission for Nero. I already did all of his missions on HAH and SOS but DMD is just aggravating with the stylish levels that you need. I might have to attempt a no damage run on this, as impossible as that seems. After this it's just everything for Nero up until this mission, then Dante's missions on SOS, DMD and HAH.

You did hah easier then dmd? Damn man im opposite xD i can get style and maintain easier then avoiding hits plus i loved royal guard till hah stopped allowing it... Literally its just spamming in a corner. 

 

But seriously man congrats on progress be proud!

 

 

 

 

Mission 16 now on hell and hell... Not looking forward to cebereus the stupid cave dog boss... Seriously i know you can just rocket run but my issue is that its so easy for him to hit you and getting there will be a bitch... This for me will be my worst even with sin trigger! 

Edited by Sarsky
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sarsky said:

You did hah easier then dmd? Damn man im opposite xD i can get style and maintain easier then avoiding hits plus i loved royal guard till hah stopped allowing it... Literally its just spamming in a corner. 

 

But seriously man congrats on progress be proud!

LoL I think it's just because of similar games that I play like NG where I'm used to constantly evading and waiting for the moment to strike instead of unleashing an endless barrage of attacks. Almost all my S ranks had no damage multipliers.

The boss on mission 8 doesn't even seem that bad. It's just his second phase where he starts using the vine attacks that gets hard to dodge. The first phase is easy, I can definitely get no damage on the prologue also.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finished missions 12-20 today and the platinum is now mine! Dante's missions were a breeze, just as I expected. I think I spent the most time on 14 and 15. On mission 20 I got hit twice and still manged to end up with over 6000 points. Man, what a ride this has been!

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally S ranked mission 8 on DMD. The trick was using the EX Taunt on the very first enemies that appear. Then using Devil Bringer to pull them near the next couple enemies to continue chaining the combo. I've definitely been sleeping on this taunt.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ShadowReplicant said:

I finished missions 12-20 today and the platinum is now mine! Dante's missions were a breeze, just as I expected. I think I spent the most time on 14 and 15. On mission 20 I got hit twice and still manged to end up with over 6000 points. Man, what a ride this has been!

Congratz! I also just finished a few minutes ago =D! Did 14-20 in both DMD and HaH today. I can't tell which one was the one I spent the most time on... the average time spent was probably around 30 minutes, but going by annoyance factor I'd say it was Mission 08.

 

It feels good to be done. Good luck to the rest of you, it was fun to share stories in this thread =).

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, SouIXReaper said:

LoL I think it's just because of similar games that I play like NG where I'm used to constantly evading and waiting for the moment to strike instead of unleashing an endless barrage of attacks. Almost all my S ranks had no damage multipliers.

The boss on mission 8 doesn't even seem that bad. It's just his second phase where he starts using the vine attacks that gets hard to dodge. The first phase is easy, I can definitely get no damage on the prologue also.

Just noticed you got platinum congratulations bud! 

Edited by Sarsky
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just need to finish Heaven or Hell now for the plat. Thanks for everyone's advice and good luck for anyone going for it

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, andrehunter said:

Just need to finish Heaven or Hell now for the plat. Thanks for everyone's advice and good luck for anyone going for it

Lucky im on mission 17... I got to fight nightmares ffs... Any advice for him? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Sarsky said:

Lucky im on mission 17... I got to fight nightmares ffs... Any advice for him? 

Honestly on mission 17,18 and 19 you can just use faust to get through them that's how i did it at least.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Sarsky said:

Lucky im on mission 17... I got to fight nightmares ffs... Any advice for him? 

 

You can follow the guide for mission 17 here (if you don't mind cheesing it with Faust):

 

It might take a few tries to get the meteor timing down (start charging it as he raises his arm after doing a backflip and teleporting), but it works.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a lot of fails I finally managed to S rank mission 5 on hell. I always got hit by the boss at the last part where he freezes you and shoots his lasers so you can't dodge midjump. I never got enough points after losing the no damage multiplier, so I went back to one optional fight after breaking down that wall after the second fight, and I got 5400 points right before the boss. I thought to myself even if I get hit I should get the S since it's a boss. Miraculously managed to not get hit and always stayed above half dt. Geryon knight is such an rng based fight I feel like. No wonder my friend took a several days to S rank no damage it on DMD.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, andrehunter said:

 

Just finished hell and hell! Just easy mode and devil hunter left!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Well I managed to finally S rank mission 18 on HAH, but yet again it was stupidly annoying. I ended up using Dr. Faust and hitting Nightmare with the level 3 meteor after the last battle started. Got the no damage bonus but I used up an obscene amount of red orbs trying to perfect this strategy.

 

Also just finished this on DMD, but the increased health pool they have forced me to change the strategy a little. After the level 3 meteor I used the sin devil trigger and stayed in the air while shooting fireballs, then finished them off with Judgement.

Edited by SouIXReaper
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gotta say with the amount of youtube videos already released the platinum became doable for me, even though it is my first real DMC experience (and i love it).

Finished HaH today and now all that's left are a few DMD missions and a chilled out DH run which i will do at the end (with all the pressure gone :D)

 

I kinda liked using Punchline for Mission 20 since it keeps Vergil busy and it looks funny, kinda like he was trying to scare away some bees lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019/3/27 at 5:03 PM, DigimonCrusher said:

Ahh, sorry, my mistake.

Actually these missions are not too hard for me, I got a no damage run M14 on DMD Difficulty. So this mission in HAH is a piece of cake to me.

M16 is hard, but we got plenty of red orbs and Dr.Faust..........So yeah. "It's showtime!" shoot everything

 

I was stuck at M4 for a long time. Then I realize I can use auto mode to defeat the boss and use active DT's invincible period to dodge boss's attack...

Anyway congratulation to your Platinum. To me I finish the All S-Ranks playthrough. I still got HOH to handle, but that doesn't matter......

 

————————————————

小小的题外话,你买秋8的FD了吗(

Thanks for your compliment. Congrats on your platinum too. To be honest, I didn't even notice your ID until you posted something about MemoriesOff8 hahaha.

 

M4 was also a huge pain for me, couldn't remember how many times I have restarted. The mandatory battle of Death Scissors and the yelling attack of boss were truly nightmare when I started my HAH S run.

 

 Despite all the tips I've watched (like using break away of PunchLine), I still managed to beat M4 with extra caution during boss fight by getting no damage bonus. Its very nice to see this post gets constantly updated with tips and ideas, I might someday try these tips myself. 🙂

 

————————————————

纯骗粉丝钱的FD是不会买的(真香

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

There is no doubt in my mind that i can s rank dmd mode, its HaH that's giving me trouble.

One more dante mission, 2 nero missions and all V missions then i'm done with HaH.

V missions are super painful on HaH

Edited by monteblommie
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished the S ranks for hell and hell with a double choke slam for Vergil! PULL MY DEVIL TRIGGER YEAAAAAH!!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of these tips are very helpful. I'm definitely going to have to dedicate a day in the void. I managed to S-Rank every mission on Human, but on DH and SOS, I might have to change my style of fighting and control scheme plus using the camera manipulation more often if I want to S-Rank missions 8, 10, 12, 15 and 18. I beat the first three missions on DMD but since I haven't played a game with such mechanics and difficulty in a very long time, it will take me a long time to hit Platinum; let alone beat the campaign on DMD and HAH with an S-Rank. I'm nowhere near pro, but I've gotten better compared to my first playthrough. Plus, I need to learn to take my time whilst fighting enemies and bosses instead of charging blindly.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

S ranked Human, Devil Hunter, Son of Sparda, Dante Must Die, Heaven and Hell. But, Hell and Hell is kicking my ass. I'm on mission 3, keep screwing myself up on Artemis.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, B-wrekless said:

S ranked Human, Devil Hunter, Son of Sparda, Dante Must Die, Heaven and Hell. But, Hell and Hell is kicking my ass. I'm on mission 3, keep screwing myself up on Artemis.

Small tip I wish I knew: use the Buster Arm's Break Age to fuck Artemis up a LOT. Do this, take a Ragtime followed by a Buster Arm into battle. Keep throwing charged shots at Artemis until she decides to ascend and charge that mega attack, then go up to her and start slashing away while charging your Ragtime Break Age. When she falls, release the Break Age, turn on DT and start a Showdown while you charge the Buster Arm's Break Age. Ragtime Break Age will have given you enough time to do all of the Showdown (huge damage) AND start the Buster Arm Break Age you've been charging during the Showdown. When you start the Buster Arm Break Age on her, please note that timing your Exceeds right during the animation will give you extra damage on her with every rev. If you did everything right, you should basically KO her, considering the point in her life bar she starts the huge ascending attack animation.


As for my progress, I'm personally S ranking HaH right now, and I'm only 6 missions away from the plat (Human is my victory lap so I left it for last, but once I'm done with HaH I'm arguably done with the plat). The missions are 5, 10, 11, 12, 14, 18, so I gotta do 2 more with V and 4 more with Dante. I got most of the strats for all these missions down to a goddamn science after all these playthroughs so it's just a matter of time before I break this game's back. Also, does anybody know if Nightmare automatically disappears after a set period of time when he first pops up on m18's boss fight? If he does I think I basically already got that S rank too

Edited by Valtekken173
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Valtekken173 said:

Small tip I wish I knew: use the Buster Arm's Break Age to fuck Artemis up a LOT. Do this, take a Ragtime followed by a Buster Arm into battle. Keep throwing charged shots at Artemis until she decides to ascend and charge that mega attack, then go up to her and start slashing away while charging your Ragtime Break Age. When she falls, release the Break Age, turn on DT and start a Showdown while you charge the Buster Arm's Break Age. Ragtime Break Age will have given you enough time to do all of the Showdown (huge damage) AND start the Buster Arm Break Age you've been charging during the Showdown. When you start the Buster Arm Break Age on her, please note that timing your Exceeds right during the animation will give you extra damage on her with every rev. If you did everything right, you should basically KO her, considering the point in her life bar she starts the huge ascending attack animation.


As for my progress, I'm personally S ranking HaH right now, and I'm only 6 missions away from the plat (Human is my victory lap so I left it for last, but once I'm done with HaH I'm arguably done with the plat). The missions are 5, 10, 11, 12, 14, 18, so I gotta do 2 more with V and 4 more with Dante. I got most of the strats for all these missions down to a goddamn science after all these playthroughs so it's just a matter of time before I break this game's back. Also, does anybody know if Nightmare automatically disappears after a set period of time when he first pops up on m18's boss fight? If he does I think I basically already got that S rank too

Yes he will go away after like a minute, so you can just chill until that happens. He will still shoot lasers offscreen though, managed to hit me while I was doing Luce high above with nothing on screen.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, KainDMD said:

Yes he will go away after like a minute, so you can just chill until that happens. He will still shoot lasers offscreen though, managed to hit me while I was doing Luce high above with nothing on screen.

Okay, if he goes away I can consider m18 as done because I can just Faust his two buddies, killing them. Then he comes back and right after he lands I can start charging the meteor behind a rock, which oneshots him. Easy no dmg S rank.
EDIT: S ranked m5, now I'm 5 missions away from S ranking everything on HaH, one with V and four with Dante. MIght just make it by the end of the week.
EDIT2: S ranked m14 in one try, wow. 4 missions only, and they're all Dante. M10/M11/M12/M18. Will probably make it by the end of the week at this point.

Edited by Valtekken173
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah you could finish those even today, mission 10 will be the longest

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KainDMD said:

Yeah you could finish those even today, mission 10 will be the longest

S ranked m11 so only three of them are left. M10, m12, m18. I tried m18 but there are some kinks that need to be worked out like the goddamn lock on system never targeting the enemy I want it to target but the one that's closest...I'm gonna need a fuckton of cash for all three missions, so I'm probably gonna have to farm BP once more just to have enough orbs.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Valtekken173 said:

Small tip I wish I knew: use the Buster Arm's Break Age to fuck Artemis up a LOT. Do this, take a Ragtime followed by a Buster Arm into battle. Keep throwing charged shots at Artemis until she decides to ascend and charge that mega attack, then go up to her and start slashing away while charging your Ragtime Break Age. When she falls, release the Break Age, turn on DT and start a Showdown while you charge the Buster Arm's Break Age. Ragtime Break Age will have given you enough time to do all of the Showdown (huge damage) AND start the Buster Arm Break Age you've been charging during the Showdown. When you start the Buster Arm Break Age on her, please note that timing your Exceeds right during the animation will give you extra damage on her with every rev. If you did everything right, you should basically KO her, considering the point in her life bar she starts the huge ascending attack animation.


As for my progress, I'm personally S ranking HaH right now, and I'm only 6 missions away from the plat (Human is my victory lap so I left it for last, but once I'm done with HaH I'm arguably done with the plat). The missions are 5, 10, 11, 12, 14, 18, so I gotta do 2 more with V and 4 more with Dante. I got most of the strats for all these missions down to a goddamn science after all these playthroughs so it's just a matter of time before I break this game's back. Also, does anybody know if Nightmare automatically disappears after a set period of time when he first pops up on m18's boss fight? If he does I think I basically already got that S rank too

Thanks for the tip, I've just finished with s.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.