New Ratalaikagames Game?

DarkLordSHTR

On 8.4.2019 at 0:04 AM, Knave21 said:

Are you doing a guide for this one? Probably don't even need one eh?

I sure hope so. Unfathomable how one could complete a 3 min plat without a guide.

13 minutes ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Why not keep it as one stack? Its already bad enough these games have a plat you dont have to make it even worse.

Don't expect an answer.

They never respond to even the slightest critical inquiry.

Their games are mostly pretty cool, but they themselves suck like their games' trophy lists.

Edited by fastflowdaman
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, fastflowdaman said:

I sure hope so. Unfathomable how one could complete a 3 min plat without a guide.

Don't expect an answer.

They never respond to even the slightest critical inquiry.

Their games are mostly pretty cool, but they themselves suck like their games' trophy lists.

Funnily enough I actually bothered to make one xD 

43 minutes ago, Gibbo_0113 said:

Why not keep it as one stack? Its already bad enough these games have a plat you dont have to make it even worse.

Because they wouldn't be around for very long if they kept it as one. It's always nice seeing how much this community enjoys being skewered on a sand paper covered baseball bat though.

It's also pretty funny when people claim how fun these games are, when this "developer", thread and discussion wouldn't even exist if they didn't have a plat. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, fastflowdaman said:

What we should keep in mind is that Ratalaika does not develop these games themselves. What they do is come to an agreement with a developer where they take an existing game and publish that game on platforms like PS4 and Vita. So the developer makes a usually pretty good game, and Ratalaika adds the trophies. The profits are then split (obviously). It's a pretty good deal I guess for both parties, because the developer has to worry very little about platform specific stuff themselves, Ratalaika fixes that for them. This is also how they can publish games at a very big rate, new games seem to pop up almost weekly now.

So to recap: you need to thank the developer for the neat little game. But as far as the very easy trophies are concerned, that's all Ratalaika. They do it specifically to market these games towards trophy "hunters" that are looking for quick plats. I do not judge that, I have bought a couple of these games myself because they are excellent for Vita. And I don't think we would have had those games otherwise to be honest, especially not on Vita. It's an interesting phenomenon though, that's for sure.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Demon--Prototype said:

It's also pretty funny when people claim how fun these games are, when this "developer", thread and discussion wouldn't even exist if they didn't have a plat. 

Lmao. So true. Not to mention nobody would be jumping to play this rubbish on their ps4 pro 4k flatscreen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

What we should keep in mind is that Ratalaika does not develop these games themselves. What they do is come to an agreement with a developer where they take an existing game and publish that game on platforms like PS4 and Vita. So the developer makes a usually pretty good game, and Ratalaika adds the trophies. The profits are then split (obviously). It's a pretty good deal I guess for both parties, because the developer has to worry very little about platform specific stuff themselves, Ratalaika fixes that for them. This is also how they can publish games at a very big rate, new games seem to pop up almost weekly now.

So to recap: you need to thank the developer for the neat little game. But as far as the very easy trophies are concerned, that's all Ratalaika. They do it specifically to market these games towards trophy "hunters" that are looking for quick plats. I do not judge that, I have bought a couple of these games myself because they are excellent for Vita. And I don't think we would have had those games otherwise to be honest, especially not on Vita. It's an interesting phenomenon though, that's for sure.

So all the good stuff thanks to the dev, all the shitty aspects thanks to the publisher. Gotcha.

Basically that corresponds to what I know about them.

I think it's sad to have these money-grabbing lists from a player's perspective, especially when the games themselves are enjoyable.

I don't judge that though. I could imagine creating a shitty game for trophy whores myself, for instance to raise funds for a better game (Little Adventure guy stated that afaik).

Them not responding at all to criticism is what I don't like. This might also be accountable from their standpoint, but it also means they must withstand some shit being thrown at them.

I don't think they care too much with the money coming in anyway (:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Demon--Prototype said:

Yeah, he kept trying to convince me that he was roasting me to his imaginary friends on his discord server.

I felt sorry for him tbh, mental illness is a serious matter.

Haha same!!  didn’t make a lot of sense but it did amuse me for a bit. I started trolling him back but I think he blocked me now ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Yeah I feel like the lists can be expanded on, and the excuse is the publisher tests the trophies himself and isn't that great at games.

Granted its a lot more games being produced, I would at least expect or like *beat the game* to feel accomplished.

But oh well I'll just do it without the trophy incentive, the games being developed are very fun, and in the 90s all this creative freedom would just be a wet dream to most small devs.

I welcome more, but I just hope the trophy lists are a bit longer than the time it takes to purchase the game.

Agreed. The games seem to be getting shorter and shorter for the most part. 

I mean, most people seem to be completing this in 5 minutes or even less. Which is unfortunately why it's now considered as 2019's quickest platinum so far xD 

Edited by The Blakk Vulture

I can’t speak for the rest of the world, but here in England it’s tradition give a wooden spoon to the looser in a competition. Soooo here’s my theory....

Instead of giving people platinum trophy’s for these shitty games, we instead hand them digital wooden spoons instead ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KaKrackle said:

I can’t speak for the rest of the world, but here in England it’s tradition give a wooden spoon to the looser in a competition. Soooo here’s my theory....

Instead of giving people platinum trophy’s for these shitty games, we instead hand them digital wooden spoons instead 1f44d.png

I've lived in England most of my life and I've never heard of such a thing

Edited by The Blakk Vulture

Just now, NekoRave said:I'll buy 10

That’s the spirit man ? I think this idea is definitely keeper.

4 minutes ago, The Blakk Vulture said:

I've lived in Englan most of my life and I've never heard of such a thing

Google away in that case. The wooden spoon award is a genuine thing.

6 minutes ago, KaKrackle said:

That’s the spirit man 1f601.png I think this idea is definitely keeper.

Google away in that case. The wooden spoon award is a genuine thing.

Great idea! You should pitch this to ratalaika themselves. With their delinquent business practices for trophy lists it fits right in! I'm surprised they haven't thought of this already.

40 minutes ago, KaKrackle said:

Instead of giving people platinum trophy’s for these shitty games, we instead hand them digital wooden spoons instead 1f44d.png

They should add it as the lowest trophy tier for all terrible easy games on this site. So like Ultra Rare, Very Rare, Uncommon, Common and then wooden spoon.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

They should add it as the lowest trophy tier for all terrible easy games on this site. So like Ultra Rare, Very Rare, Uncommon, Common and then wooden spoon.  

How about:

Bronze platinum's
Silver Platinum's
Gold Platinum's

And...
Platinum platinum's!!!! 

4 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

Fantastic @lilpain97. And also I feel like Wooden Spoons should actually minus points from your score. ...For example one wooden spoon would be worth -100 points.

• Like 1

What's up with this elitist attitude against easy platinums? Just don't buy or play them if you're so scared of them. And if you're mad about how easy they are, then remember: quality over quantity. The person with one ultra rare plat (DMCV, for example) is more impressive than someone with 30 easy platinums. The trophy cabinet and rarity % are there for a reason.

Personally I think Ratalaika Games is doing an excellent job getting indie devs on the map. Granted, other Ratalaika releases haven't impressed me as much, but Super Weekend Mode is definitely a fun, quality game. But how many people would know about PixelTeriyaki if his game wasn't marketed with an easy platinum? Plus, the experience of having the game you worked hard on being released on the leading consoles in the industry for a whole new audience to play has got to feel amazing from a developer standpoint.

At the very least, I understand being upset that a bad game has a platinum and that's the only reason why people are buying it. But this game is actually good, so what's the issue?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, speedySonic7850 said:

At the very least, I understand being upset that a bad game has a platinum and that's the only reason why people are buying it. But this game is actually good, so what's the issue?

If a game is good then it deserves a just trophy list that at least requires you to play it more than a  few minutes, pop the platinum, and delete, without ever even nearing to see all it has to offer.

• Like 1