Farming Claptrap Parts

Does anyone know of a viable method to farm claptrap collectable parts (Oil cans, pizza slices etc.)

I've tried killing the claptraps that spawn from MINAC which is slow enough with that added minac can now hit you and the claptraps leave explosives behind, but this seems to be the fastest method I've found and ive tried multiple spots in the MINAC area to afk farm like when I go to bed or something but barely anything seems to drop so im unsure if they've patched the afk method, 

So to the people that got the trophy so far, did you find a better farming spot or is this what you had to go through because I only need oil cans and pizza slices left and I think im about halfway through with each.

7 minutes ago, Surgical_Assault said:

Does anyone know of a viable method to farm claptrap collectable parts (Oil cans, pizza slices etc.)

I've tried killing the claptraps that spawn from MINAC which is slow enough with that added minac can now hit you and the claptraps leave explosives behind, but this seems to be the fastest method I've found and ive tried multiple spots in the MINAC area to afk farm like when I go to bed or something but barely anything seems to drop so im unsure if they've patched the afk method, 

So to the people that got the trophy so far, did you find a better farming spot or is this what you had to go through because I only need oil cans and pizza slices left and I think im about halfway through with each.

I got a decent amount when i did the glitch and went to bed so im just going to do it for the rest of the week and i should get enough for everything

1 minute ago, WatertownsFinest said:

I got a decent amount when i did the glitch and went to bed so im just going to do it for the rest of the week and i should get enough for everything

Which spot worked for you? Ive gone around and tested a few spots, for like an hour just to see if the drops work, atm ive gone back to behind the bus I think its working but not too sure, it seems very inconsistent.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Surgical_Assault said:

Which spot worked for you? Ive gone around and tested a few spots, for like an hour just to see if the drops work, atm ive gone back to behind the bus I think its working but not too sure, it seems very inconsistent.

Also its extremely inconsistent, by decent run i got 10 cans like 10 panties 10 fish but only 2 bobbleheads and 3 pizza so its random as hell

I had only slept 8 hrs 

Edited by WatertownsFinest

5 minutes ago, WatertownsFinest said:

Also its extremely inconsistent, by decent run i got 10 cans like 10 panties 10 fish but only 2 bobbleheads and 3 pizza so its random as hell

Im unsure of how many I have left but I onny need oilcans and pizza ill let it afk over night and see how I go lol

1 minute ago, WatertownsFinest said:

eh it aint that bad when youre asleep while they farm 1f609.png

That's how I did on PS3 actually, I finally found a space where I could hide and then I switched off screen for like 10h :D/

14 minutes ago, Surgical_Assault said:

Also do you know if the counter carries over between playthroughs? I want to start on playthrough 2 to level up some more but unsure if that would reset the counter or Ill have to start again if I go back to playthrough 1.

i was wondering myself but you can just switch back to playthrough 1 whenever you want so go back and get them all there

2 minutes ago, WatertownsFinest said:

i was wondering myself but you can just switch back to playthrough 1 whenever you want so go back and get them all there

I hope going to 2 and back to 1 one doesnt reset the counter, if it does I think ill just call it quits on the dlc like I did on the ps3 lol

back when i played it on 360 i took out rockets and machine guns on the big monster claptrap then hide in the building and left it running while i went to work lol

you'll basically let the thing spawn the kamikazi clap traps and let the big machine run them over killing em while ya go afk for few hours

6 hours ago, Surgical_Assault said:

I hope going to 2 and back to 1 one doesnt reset the counter, if it does I think ill just call it quits on the dlc like I did on the ps3 lol

I'm not 100% sure but I seem to remember reading somewhere that the counter gets reset if you change playthroughs ?.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LosDub said:

back when i played it on 360 i took out rockets and machine guns on the big monster claptrap then hide in the building and left it running while i went to work lol

you'll basically let the thing spawn the kamikazi clap traps and let the big machine run them over killing em while ya go afk for few hours

I think they tried to fixed it or something because all the common spots where it would usually work dont seem to work but Ive found a spot in between a rock that seems to work well 

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I'm not 100% sure but I seem to remember reading somewhere that the counter gets reset if you change playthroughs 1f914.png.

Ill keep that in mind, im only a few pizza slices off getting it all done so im just going to wait it out, hate for it to reset now lol

5 hours ago, Surgical_Assault said:

I think they tried to fixed it or something because all the common spots where it would usually work dont seem to work but Ive found a spot in between a rock that seems to work well 

Ill keep that in mind, im only a few pizza slices off getting it all done so im just going to wait it out, hate for it to reset now lol

kept my game up for like 12 hours and it crashed around 10 hr mark so be careful. I just wasted a whole night grr

I just farmed MINAC as that seemed to be the most efficient way to get the items. As long as you can destroy the claptraps quick enough you can get a good bit of kills off before the little entrance closes again.

Having the trophies auto pop is definitely the easy way out, but I didn’t do that so I had to go with this method. The last items I had to get were bobble heads and the pizza, and it took me forever to get pizzas to spawn ?

4 hours ago, WatertownsFinest said:

kept my game up for like 12 hours and it crashed around 10 hr mark so be careful. I just wasted a whole night grr

Thats rough hate when that happens, I was lucky enough to get the last couple of pieces last night so im finally done with the dlc woo!

1 hour ago, HoorayForTyler said:

I just farmed MINAC as that seemed to be the most efficient way to get the items. As long as you can destroy the claptraps quick enough you can get a good bit of kills off before the little entrance closes again.

Having the trophies auto pop is definitely the easy way out, but I didn’t do that so I had to go with this method. The last items I had to get were bobble heads and the pizza, and it took me forever to get pizzas to spawn 1f612.png

Yeah same last things I needed were pizza but its finally over and done with now, if there was a way to get that dlc trophies to auto pop and not any others that would be a good method, but when it auto pops the other trophies like base game that kinda takes the fun out of the game imo. 

• Like 1

it's best to just take the turrets out and then run up to the doors and shoot all the claptraps as they spawn and come down the ramp.  If you die so what everything says on the ground and the turrets don't respawn.  2 hours of doing this and you will have everything you need.   

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the afk farming yesterday but after leaving it on all night i found barely antyhing at all on the ground, maybe 5 parts and no other rare stuff. Was it always this bad or got this patched? I did id on the first encounter during the last story mission, should i try it again? I waited behind the bus between two rocks.

On 26/04/2019 at 6:01 PM, DeathShark22 said:

I tried the afk farming yesterday but after leaving it on all night i found barely anything at all on the ground, maybe 5 parts and no other rare stuff. Was it always this bad or got this patched? I did id on the first encounter during the last story mission, should i try it again? I waited behind the bus between two rocks.

I think they tried to patch most of the common afk farming spots, I found one behind a rock to the left of there and I would check on the game every few hours or so and I was able to jump up and kill any of the claptraps that werent run over (if any were still roaming) and I managed to get a massive pile of loot that way. 

Trying all the other spots mentioned from the older gen version left me the same results as you barely anything on the ground.

8 hours ago, Surgical_Assault said:

I think they tried to patch most of the common afk farming spots, I found one behind a rock to the left of there and I would check on the game every few hours or so and I was able to jump up and kill any of the claptraps that werent run over (if any were still roaming) and I managed to get a massive pile of loot that way. 

Trying all the other spots mentioned from the older gen version left me the same results as you barely anything on the ground.

I actually found an awesome spot, in the top left where the red chest is, you can stand ON the rock in front of the chest and with a bit of repositioning in the beginning you can stand there and he will see you but can´t hit you. All the claptraps will run towards you and explode on the rock in front of you. There was already a lot of loot but i grot greedy and let it run overnight, and came back to a crashed game:D

• 1 year later...

I think changing playthroughs resets progress but cannot confirm.  I did a lot of back and forth between 1 and 2 and had no luck with the higher number collectible trophies.  As soon as I stuck with a playthrough (1) and started MINAC farming the trophies started to come. For me Pizza and bobbleheads are the rarest and panties and glasses are very common. 

MINAC farming the shed to the right but seem to get killed in there somehow. Back to the rocks.  The best though is to get active and kill the traps as the spawn out of MINAC with an explosive weapon. I can get ~10 kills per move.