MK11 content grind walls more Draconian than Injustice 2's

ziggypossum

Kombat Kast Summary

Here's a summary of the Kombat Kast information from today from NetherRealm:

At launch, the difficulty in the Towers of Time was too high, and people felt it was unfair. And unfortunately, that made the process of earning rewards through the Krypt seem punishingly slow.

The game was never designed to encourage in-game purchases. NetherRealm doesn’t make games that way. We do not artificially drive people towards in-game purchases.

The difficulty of the AI and the aggressiveness of the modifiers in Towers of Time was tuned too high. We’re aware of it and we’ve already taken steps to fix that.

Through a server update, we’ve reduced AI maximum health and adjusted the frequency and cooldowns of many modifiers. In addition we’ve made many unblockable modifiers blockable.

We are also working on a patch as quickly as we can to address several other factors, including increasing currency rewards and tweaking other modifier values that couldn’t be addressed in our tweakvar update. We’re shooting to have the patch out this week, early next week at the latest.

There are some things in Towers that are meant to be very challenging. We are trying to cater to many different types of players. Right now, everything is too challenging, and that wasn’t the intention.

As for the store, we want to stress that none of the in-game currencies (Hearts, Souls, Koins) are for sale. You also cannot buy Konsumables or Augments. You cannot purchase anything that impacts gameplay at all. Only cosmetics (including Easy Fatalities), and Time Krystals are available in the store.

Also, there is some speculation that Krypt rewards are random. They are not. There are over 600 chests in the Krypt, and they are ALL hand-crafted with specific rewards. Every player has the same chests. The only “randomness” is where each chest is placed for each player. This was done to ensure that each player would have a unique discovery experience.

As we work on the patch, we’re issuing a gift to all of our players. A bundle of in-game kurrency. This will allow you to have the experience we always intended, while we re-balance the system to bring it in line with our vision. Thank you for playing the game. We value our players above all else, and you having a fun experience with our game is what this is all about.

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 1

In MK11, it will cost you $6440 to buy every skin in the game without grinding, assuming you have perfect luck and are checking on the store every 6-8 hours

Yep. This is ridiculous. The Reddit post is even updated with the latest patch.

Definitely skipping this one until a Komplete edition comes out a year from now. Even then I'll probably wait for a significant price drop. Or skip it altogether...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sky_RykerXD said:

In MK11, it will cost you $6440 to buy every skin in the game without grinding, assuming you have perfect luck and are checking on the store every 6-8 hours

Yep. This is ridiculous. The Reddit post is even updated with the latest patch.

Definitely skipping this one until a Komplete edition comes out a year from now. Even then I'll probably wait for a significant price drop. Or skip it altogether...

So that sounds really bad until you think about it for a little.

1. Most of the "skins" are just recolors of like 3-4 base outfits
  2. Why would anyone play just the story, tutorial and a few towers before immediately jumping to spending real money for every skin? Even if someone did do that, they would have to stop playing the game completely in order for the $6,440 price to even happen.
  3. At what point did anyone who say they need every single recolor for every single character? Like I get if someone like to play with 1 or 2 characters and wants all the recolors for there mains, but every character? Did they also need all the skins in games like Overwatch or League of Legends? 
  4. The whole point of things like the store is to take a shortcut to get that 1 thing you want a little early, that's why you can earn time krystals as you play. You play the game for a little while and earn a couple hundred time krystals, you look in the store and see a skin or whatever that looks cool, if you have enough time krystals saved up you can buy it, if not you move on and keep playing and eventually you may earn it just by playing the game.

Also here are all the skins:

• Like 2

On 20/4/2019 at 7:50 PM, coldsphinx93 said:

Why cant we go back to the days where we had to unlock stuff via story progress or in game challenges and not bullshit paywall garbage. 

You don't need to go back anywhere, there are games that are still games. From the top of my head: Spider-Man, God of War, Horizon, Dragon Quest XI, Devil May Cry 5, Bloodborne, Sekiro, just to mention big budget games, there are plenty of smaller titles without any of this bs.

Speak with your wallets =)

Gosh, I never saw so many Toxic scores and comments around a game like it’s happening to this one. People are really selfish by scoring “1/10” because they “have” to spend 6k real money to unlock cosmetics - and I’m sure they don’t even play MK -_- Do casual players thought about Fan/Hardcore players that actually spend HOURS playing their favorite game series and get some rewards in the process while doing it? I’m not MK fan, but if I’d spend time playing one of my favorite games, I’d like that I’d be constantly rewarded with random stuff.

This is not just Injustice 2 style. FIFA players spend real money to get the best players on their online team for that year Only; LittleBIGPlanet has an entire shop around cosmetics that can’t be earned through the game progression/challenges; GTA V demands thousands of in-game money to unlock missions and Heists, where casual players have to grind or pay real money to unlock... nobody gave a 1/10 to these games because of that.

Is Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled getting 1/10 when released when some fans are asking for paid DLC/grind for characters and skins?!

Edited by TurtlePM
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

So that sounds really bad until you think about it for a little.

1. Most of the "skins" are just recolors of like 3-4 base outfits
  2. Why would anyone play just the story, tutorial and a few towers before immediately jumping to spending real money for every skin? Even if someone did do that, they would have to stop playing the game completely in order for the $6,440 price to even happen.
  3. At what point did anyone who say they need every single recolor for every single character? Like I get if someone like to play with 1 or 2 characters and wants all the recolors for there mains, but every character? Did they also need all the skins in games like Overwatch or League of Legends? 
  4. The whole point of things like the store is to take a shortcut to get that 1 thing you want a little early, that's why you can earn time krystals as you play. You play the game for a little while and earn a couple hundred time krystals, you look in the store and see a skin or whatever that looks cool, if you have enough time krystals saved up you can buy it, if not you move on and keep playing and eventually you may earn it just by playing the game.

Right. Not sure if the people bitching expected to have everything unlocked the first day so they could then complain about a lack of content. The Towers have been toned down and further nerfs are coming so just play the game and the rewards will come.

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 1

On 21-4-2019 at 8:55 PM, Hakoom said:

i opened around 230 chest and didnt even get 1 so your next choice is timed towers which are super hard to beat

but ofc with micro transactions skip option they should be easy if you just skip all

I can confirm it will take you a LOT of luck to get the Victory animations to drop.

I've been playing since Saturday, I've been doing Towers each day, investing all of my Koins in the chests scattered about the Krypt. I'm way beyond 200 chests at this point. Still have to receive even ONE intro animation or victory animation. You're better off doing five character tower sets: you'll grind towards finishing the "250 Towers" trophy and unlock an intro animation at least for said characters. Then head back into the Krypt and throw your Koins at the chests, and pray for good fortune.

I would like to give my thoughts here. There is NO luck required for either Character Victories or Character Intros. All that is required is to go to the towers of time where you can use Koins to purchase a character tower of your choice and once you have finished their tower session you are guaranteed to get the Character Intro of the fighter you used. For the victories, doing 50 Fatalities guarantees a severed head. I used the Survivor Tower set to very easy and just rinsed the first 5 fighters, quit on the 6th and reset the tower and did it over. If anything it’s a grind, but in no way does it determine Luck to get these drops. And I can confirm I have spent absolutely nothing on this game other than purchasing it in the first place. I hope this is helpful to anyone still worried about doing the platinum.

Edited by CannibalX666X
  • Like 4

On 30/04/2019 at 0:29 PM, CannibalX666X said:

I would like to give my thoughts here. There is NO luck required for either Character Victories or Character Intros. All that is required is to go to the towers of time where you can use Koins to purchase a character tower of your choice and once you have finished their tower session you are guaranteed to get the Character Intro of the fighter you used. For the victories, doing 50 Fatalities guarantees a severed head. I used the Survivor Tower set to very easy and just rinsed the first 5 fighters, quit on the 6th and reset the tower and did it over. If anything it’s a grind, but in no way does it determine Luck to get these drops. And I can confirm I have spent absolutely nothing on this game other than purchasing it in the first place. I hope this is helpful to anyone still worried about doing the platinum.

I second everything this man has said!

2 hours ago, The_Great_Lalli said:

Lol at everyone that believed this shit is not buy a freaking awesome mortal.kombat. there are no paywalls. Just a long friend with a shit ton of content. Trophies are super easy too. For those skipping out because of this bs post...your loss

Plus they halved the grind with the most recent patch.  Only 25 fatalities per character for their heads, no longer 50.