Summer 2019 Backlog Challenge

Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls: 13% => 48% => 100%:platinum:: Completed on July 14, 2019, link to trophy list

Resonance of Fate: 23%

Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY!: 0% => 4%

Fate/Extella Link: 0% => 26% => 51% => 100% :platinum:: Completed on June 23, 2019, link to trophy list

Cat Quest: 0% => 21% => 100% :platinum:: Completed on June 29, 2019, link to trophy list

Secret of Mana: 0% => 9%

Blue Reflection: 0% => 17% => 34% => 57% => 100% :platinum:, link to trophy list

Demon's Souls: 0% => 16% => 37% => 67% => 91% => 100% :platinum:, Completed on July 30, 2019, link to trophy list

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana: 0%

Secret of Mana: Took a while to get used to the gameplay, but it's fun. Defeated the first six bosses. There's still a lot to do, but it should be at 100% before this week is over.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 4

Completed Burnout Paradise

On 6/8/2019 at 1:29 PM, Kishnabe said:
Tokyo Xanadu 22%-->24%

Burnout Paradise 10%-->78%--100% August 14th 2019

Birdcakes 28%

Super Daryl Deluxe 15% --> 100% July 9th 2019

Reverie  13%

• Like 4

Update #18...

Picked away slowly at Far Cry Primal over the past week but I finally finished the Platinum. Not one of my favorites from the Far Cry series. However, it was definitely a slightly different take on their run and gun meets stealth gameplay. Even if the stealth was not exactly that good. 6 games to go and only 16 days left, not looking good for me to finish ?

Broken Age (PS4) - 17% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 22

Lego Legends of Chima (Vita) - 10% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 4

Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney Trilogy (PS4) - 7% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 17

Persona 4 : Dancing All Night (Vita) - 5% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 7

Far Cry Primal (PS4) - 18% ➡️ :platinum: on August 15

Lego Batman 3 : Beyond Gotham (PS4) - 1%

Lego The Hobbit (PS4) - 2% ➡️ 8%

Assassin’s Creed III Liberation (Vita) - 12%

Batman The Telltale Series (PS3) - 0% ➡️ :platinum: on June 28

Game of Thrones Telltale Series (PS3) - 0% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 3

Tales From The Borderlands (PS3) - 0% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 26

The Wolf Among Us (PS4) - 0%

The Walking Dead : The Final Season (PS4) - 0% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 24

WRC5 (PS4) - 28% ➡️ :platinum: on August 8

Noby Noby Boy (PS3) - 19% 27a1.png 100% 2705.png on June 5

The Mysteries of Little Riddle (PS3) - 22% 27a1.png 100% 2705.png on June 5

Beyond : Two Souls (PS3) - 24%

Puppeteer (PS3) - 7%

Cars 2 (PS3) - 20% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 18

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes (PS3) - 17% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 20

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fnee2000 said:

Update #18...

Picked away slowly at Far Cry Primal over the past week but I finally finished the Platinum. Not one of my favorites from the Far Cry series. However, it was definitely a slightly different take on their run and gun meets stealth gameplay. Even if the stealth was not exactly that good. 6 games to go and only 16 days left, not looking good for me to finish 1f622.png

Broken Age (PS4) - 17% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 22

Lego Legends of Chima (Vita) - 10% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 4

Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney Trilogy (PS4) - 7% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 17

Persona 4 : Dancing All Night (Vita) - 5% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 7

Far Cry Primal (PS4) - 18% 27a1.png :platinum: on August 15

Lego Batman 3 : Beyond Gotham (PS4) - 1%

Lego The Hobbit (PS4) - 2% 27a1.png 8%

Assassin’s Creed III Liberation (Vita) - 12%

Batman The Telltale Series (PS3) - 0% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 28

Game of Thrones Telltale Series (PS3) - 0% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 3

Tales From The Borderlands (PS3) - 0% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 26

The Wolf Among Us (PS4) - 0%

The Walking Dead : The Final Season (PS4) - 0% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 24

WRC5 (PS4) - 28% 27a1.png :platinum: on August 8

Noby Noby Boy (PS3) - 19% 27a1.png 100% 2705.png on June 5

The Mysteries of Little Riddle (PS3) - 22% 27a1.png 100% 2705.png on June 5

Beyond : Two Souls (PS3) - 24%

Puppeteer (PS3) - 7%

Cars 2 (PS3) - 20% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 18

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes (PS3) - 17% 27a1.png :platinum: on June 20

Dude I only managed 5 games so give yourself a huge pat on the back LOL

21 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

Dude I only managed 5 games so give yourself a huge pat on the back LOL

Hehe, why thank you ? Don't get me wrong, I am proud of what I was able to accomplish. Just a little bummed I won't meet the goal I set out for myself. I just spread myself a little too thin with the limited time I now have. Was doing two timed events at the same time. That other event consisted of all LEGO games too, ate up my whole July. Oh well, will see what I can do with the 16 days that remain...

• Like 1

@Geridian Congrats on getting your list done! Just wait till you finish tales from the borderlands! I absolutely loved that one. Together with The Wolf Among Us they were the best telltale games (for me atleast)

So now that you have done pretty much every telltale game in existence, I’ll have to wish you good luck on your fall/winter list. Cause it looks like there are some really challenging/long games on there! 

• Like 1

Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls: 13% => 48% => 100%:platinum:: Completed on July 14, 2019, link to trophy list

Fate/Extella Link: 0% => 26% => 51% => 100% :platinum:: Completed on June 23, 2019, link to trophy list

Cat Quest: 0% => 21% => 100% :platinum:: Completed on June 29, 2019, link to trophy list

Secret of Mana: 0% => 9% => 29%

Blue Reflection: 0% => 17% => 34% => 57% => 100% :platinum:: Completed on August 10, 2019, link to trophy list

Demon's Souls: 0% => 16% => 37% => 67% => 91% => 100% :platinum:, Completed on July 30, 2019, link to trophy list

Secret of Mana: Defeated 19 of the bosses, raised my max level for magic to level 7, got all weapons to level 6. It's almost time for the first grindy part for some of the rarer pieces of equipment.

• Like 1

On 15.8.2019 at 7:46 PM, neospoon said:

@Geridian Congrats on getting your list done! Just wait till you finish tales from the borderlands! I absolutely loved that one. Together with The Wolf Among Us they were the best telltale games (for me atleast)

Thank you very much for the congratulations @neospoon :).
TWAU was very interesting because i never came in contact with "Fables" before. Felt like some kind of story driven detective game with nice story twists.

TFTB sure has it's moments, but the reason why I liked MSMS1 so much is this:
15 years ago or so there was a person in my circle of acquaintances who behaved exactly like Axel. Therefore I had to laugh regularly because of the interactions with Axel. Ruben was also an ideal sidekick.

Spoiler

Too bad that you can't save Ruben. Also Lluna in MSMS2 is no real substitue for Ruben.

So now that you have done pretty much every telltale game in existence, I’ll have to wish you good luck on your fall/winter list. Cause it looks like there are some really challenging/long games on there! 

I started with the Telltale games because i aquired some of them a month ago before the challenge, but the PS3 Telltale games like Jurassic Park, Sam & Max Season 2 & 3, Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People, Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent, Back to the Future (Disc Version with German language) and the PS3 Disc Version of TWAU and TWDS1 are still wating to be played :D. Too bad that i were not able to get my hands on Tales of Monkey Island because it where digital only on PS3 and got delisted some time ago in EU and US.

Also i knew that i where able to finish those games without having conflicts due to work @ job, playing other games with my girlfriend (Assassin's Creed 4 MP, Red Dead Redemption 1 MP, Vikings: Wolfs of Midgard, Tales of Vesperia) and Binge-watching animes (Sword Art Online, Overlord).
For the fall/winter challenge I just wanted to list games i hate playing (Dark Soulds, FF XV, Little Deviants, Red Dead Redemption - Single Player), reactivating my PSVR which is sitting in its case since i last used it on 11/13/2018 (PlayStation VR Worlds) combined with some games to have the opportunity of a successful experience every day (Child of Light, Assassin's Creed 4).
We will see how this will work out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 16.8.2019 at 4:41 PM, viech54 said:

Secret of Mana: 0% => 9% => 29%

Secret of Mana: Defeated 19 of the bosses, raised my max level for magic to level 7, got all weapons to level 6. It's almost time for the first grindy part for some of the rarer pieces of equipment.

I really don't know if this is written somewhere in the internet, but something that is true for "Adventures of Mana" is also true for the "Secret of Mana" remake: When you are searching for the equipment pieces from the enemies make sure that yor inventory of consumables is at maximum (example: maximum of candy, honey and other items is reached). This way the enemies should drop the equipment pieces only with a high chance,And if the text while looting a chest says "Inventory is full" just try looting again and again and again.

Seems to be not working anymore.

Edited by Geridian

Ok not a whole lot done towards this list. I did finish my initial run on Bioshock. All that’s left is a playthrough on the hardest difficulty with the Vita cambers disables. I should be able to get that done somewhere next week. I kind of put Bioshock on hold to get the trophies done for the multiplayer on the Last of Us on PS3 before server closure. As much as I love the single player. The multiplayer is kinda boring. I did manage to get all the online trophies done so it is set up nicely for the Fall/Winter Challenge sitting at 32% Not sure if I’m going to be able to finish Crash Bandicoot 2

Here's my scorecard so far

1. Rime - 100% (32/32) :platinum:
  2. Seasons After Fall - 100% (22/22) :platinum:
  3. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - 100% (73/73) :platinum:
  4. What Remains of Edith Finch - 100% (9/9) 2705.png
  5. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back - 3% => 63% => 87% => 90% (23/25)
  6. Bioshock - 10% => 34% => 61% =>  (49/66)

Almost there!

• Like 4

On 16.8.2019 at 5:32 PM, Geridian said:

I really don't know if this is written somewhere in the internet, but something that is true for "Adventures of Mana" is also true for the "Secret of Mana" remake: When you are searching for the equipment pieces from the enemies make sure that yor inventory of consumables is at maximum (example: maximum of candy, honey and other items is reached). This way the enemies should drop the equipment pieces only with a high chance,And if the text while looting a chest says "Inventory is full" just try looting again and again and again.

I'll be frank. The way you described it doesn't work at all. Either there's something you didn't mention or you're wrong about the Secret of Mana remake on PS4 with the latest patch installed.

Let me explain what I did:

Maxed out the consumables.

Killed the enemy until it dropped a chest.

Opened the chest.

Most of the time, it was a consumable regardless of whether I was able to carry any more or not.

The chest despawned after opening it. It didn't matter how many consumables I had. So opening the same chest over and over again is not possible.

@viech54 That is bad because when i played this game and had maximum for all consumables i got all needed euipment pieces from the enemies in some minutes. Lots of hours before i got none because consumables where not full. Okay.. maybe i got lucky or is patched out now :(.

You can try this method i found on reddit just now: https://www.reddit.com/r/secretofmana/comments/8pdbec/chest_rng_manipulation_trick_ps4/

Edited by Geridian
Information

Update #11:

• Assault Suit Leynos (24%)
  • Broken Age (0%) => 91%
  • Rocketbirds 2: Evolution (0%) => 8%
  • Sonic Mania (0%) => 4%
  • Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut (PS3) (0%) => 100% - 05/06/19
  • SOMA (0%) => 100% - 22/06/19
  • Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4) (0%) => 100% - 24/06/19
  • What Remains of Edith Finch (0%) => 100% - 26/06/19
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2%) => 100% - 20/07/19
  • Master Reboot (0%) => 100% - 22/07/19
  • Foul Play (0%) => 100% - 03/08/19
  • God of War III Remastered (0%) => 100% - 03/08/19
  • Overcooked (0%) => 100% - 07/08/19

Haven't been gaming too much since my last update, but made some progress in two of my games nevertheless. Completed Broken Age while following a text guide and picked up every trophy along the way which was pretty sweet. The game was somewhat enjoyable, although there is no way I would've been able to complete it without the guide. The story was okay, and it's game play was typical of a point and click. All that is left for me is to complete the game in under an hour, which shouldn't be too bad as long as I stick to a guide. Might attempt it tomorrow, will have to see.

Started Rocketbirds 2: Evolution on the Vita today also. The game is okay, a little confusing with all of the different rooms/levels. Following a guide for the signs, and they seem like they'll be a pain in the ass to collect. I might stick to doing a chapter a day as it's not a game I could play for long periods of time.

Picked up all of the multiplayer trophies associated with the 2 PlayStation Plus games offered this month, so it's nice to know I can go back to them at my leisure without having to worry about trophies being unobtainable. Have the day off tomorrow so hoping to make a lot of progress on my remaining games! Not long left now..

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Geridian said:

@viech54 That is bad because when i played this game and had maximum for all consumables i got all needed euipment pieces from the enemies in some minutes. Lots of hours before i got none because consumables where not full. Okay.. maybe i got lucky or is patched out now :(.

You can try this method i found on reddit just now: https://www.reddit.com/r/secretofmana/comments/8pdbec/chest_rng_manipulation_trick_ps4/

Took me an entire afternoon to get all rare drops before defeating Kettle Kin. After grinding all drops in the Pure Land, it seems safe to say that this method no longer works. It took some more hours to get everything in there. That RNG manipulation sounded promising, but doesn't seem worth it after all. Didn't do much for me.

Still, thanks for trying to help :)

Anyway, update time.

Secret of Mana: 0% => 9% => 29% => 37%

Blue Reflection: 0% => 17% => 34% => 57% => 100% :platinum:: Completed on August 10, 2019, link to trophy list

Secret of Mana: Reached the final area of the game. Here's the to do list for the plat:

- Upgrade all magic to level 8

- Upgrade all weapons to level 9

- Farm some more eqipment in the final area

- Beat the remaining bosses

Upgrading weapons and farming equipment are purely RNG. If it goes well, then it'll be over today. If not, then next week. I'm not really concerned about it, this is the last game I'll play for this challenge, I have plenty of time to get it done.

• Like 2

Update time! 

Got the platinum in Phoenix Wright! Took me a lot longer then I thought but happy I got it. I liked the game overall. The story is fun to get trough although I must say to play the three games back to back is a bit much. 

I’ll try to get the platinum in the walking dead now and I really want to finish Astro Bots also before the challenge ends. I’ll take judgment to the next challenge.

1. Phoenix Wright: Ace attorney trilogy - 69% (24/31) —> 100% (31/31) :platinum: 16-08-2019
2. The Walking Dead the final season - 0% (0/49)
3. Persona 5 - 85% (45/49) —> 100% (49/49) :platinum: 15-07-2019
4. Astro Bot Rescue Mission - 14% (7/37)
5. Judgement - 0% (0/47)

Good luck everyone for the last weeks! 

• Like 2

Secret of Mana: 0% => 9% => 29% => 37% => 53%

Secret of Mana: It's almost over at this point, did about 90% of what's required for the plat. That means I still need one last orb to upgrade a weapon, level up my magic, and beat the last two bosses. The orb is RNG, the rest isn't. If the RNG isn't too terrible, I'm probably looking at another two to three hours to get the plat.

My opinion will probably be something like this: "It's a fun game and still worth playing after all these years, but having to grind ~10 hours in a game that's only ~25 hours long is too much. The grind is quite boring, enter area, oneshot enemy, rinse and repeat until you get the desired drops".

• Like 1

On 4.5.2019 at 4:28 PM, OJ9999vr said:

Games:

Assassin's Creed Origins 100%

God of War PS4 100%

Marvel's Spiderman (Finished before challenge window)

Jak 2 (vita), orb glitch. 100%

Touch My Katamari (vita) 100%

The Grand Tour the game 100%

Guacamelee 2 100%

Borderlands 2 100%

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel 100%

Borderlands 100%

Futuregrind 100%

Haven't done any updates for this current backlog challenge yet, didn't intend to do any of the borderlands games, it just suddenly happened. Still managed to complete my original games + more. Still have the possibility to do more before the next one starts, also have to decide my games for the next challenge.

• Like 1

Secret of Mana: 0% => 9% => 29% => 37% => 53% => 100% :platinum:: Completed on August 19, 2019, link to trophy list

Secret of Mana: Got the last orb, then leveled up my magic, and defeated the final bosses, then got the plat. Definitely liked the game.

As I won't play any of the other games for the challenge (don't have the time to complete them, will save them for the next challenges), there's some more things to say.

First, thanks to @MidnightDragon for hosting this challenge. This challenge made me play some great games I might've missed otherwise. Thanks for that :)

Second, my completion. 6/9 games are at 100%, that's alright. Could've done much more if not for me playing Monster Hunter World, Dark Souls 3, and Bloodborne. The remaining games would take a long time, purely based on playtime, I might not even be at 50% of this challenge. Still, I'm fine with this. Got to play some great games and completed my Soulsborne plat collection with Demon's Souls.

Third, a ranking of the completed games.

1. Fate/Extella Link

2. Demon's Souls

3. Secret of Mana

4. Cat Quest

5. Blue Reflection

6. Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls

That's it, basically. I'm looking forward to the Fall/Winter Challenge and hope to see some of you there. Will aim on doing better than in the Summer Challenge.

• Like 3

1) InFamous (PS3) - 23% 27a1.png 100% (:platinum: on 09/08/2019) Link

2) Demon's Souls (PS3) - 8%

3) Dishonored definitive edition (PS4) - 1%

4) The last of us (PS3) - 16% 27a1.png 89% (:platinum: on 10/07/2019) 27a1.png 100% (✅ on 20/08/2019)

5) Oxenfree (PS4) - 12%

6) Assassin's creed: Freedom Cry (PS3) - 5% 27a1.png 100% (2705.png on 11/07/2019) Link

7) Everybody's gone to the rapture (PS4) - 17% 27a1.png 100% (:platinum: on 29/07/2019) Link

8) Iconoclasts (PS4) - 15%

9) Far Cry Primal (PS4) - 8%

10) Detroit: Become Human (PS4) - 16%

11) Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) - 16%

12) LEGO Harry Potter Collection: Years 1-4 (PS4) - 15%

13) Sekiro: Shadows die twice (PS4) - 23%

14) Journey (PS4) - 0% 27a1.png 100% (2705.png on 22/07/2019) Link

15) InFamous Second Son (PS4) - 0%

16) ICO (PS3) - 3% 27a1.png 100% (:platinum: on 27/06/2019) Link

17) Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) - 0% 27a1.png 6%

18) The Last Guardian (PS4) - 0%

19) Outlast (PS4) - 0% 27a1.png 3% ➡️ 42%

20) The vanishing of Ethan Carter (PS4) - 0% 27a1.png 100% (2705.png on 29/07/2019) Link

21) SOMA (PS4) - 0% 27a1.png 100% (2705.png on 25/07/2019) Link

Almost done with grounded + on TLOU. Halfway through chapter 9 atm so the hardest parts of the playthrough are definitely behind me at this point. I'm both excited and sad to see the 100% journey of this game coming to a close. Excited since it will definitely feel very satisfying to finally pick up that last trophy but also sad because it will mean that I'll have to say goodbye to one of my most favourite games of all time for a while. Probably not the most original pick as a personal favourite but I think it's just very much deserved. Seriously thinking about getting the remaster to have a good excuse to do this all over again.

[EDIT] Couldn't resist any longer and completed it shortly after writing this post. Sure feels good to see this game finally sitting at 100% from now on. Took me eventually 5 playthroughs to get it which is technically 2 more than necessary but as stated earlier, having to put some extra work into a game that I love this much was more of a treat rather than a chore. Pretty sure that there's no need to convince anyone how fantastic this game is, I don't think my words would do it justice anyway. All I can say is that I literally can't wait for the release of The Last of Us Part 2!

I've been playing some Outlast in between as well. I'm normally not the biggest fan of these types of games but I did very much enjoy my time with it so far. For a horror game it succeeds very well at its primary objective: being scary as hell. I opted to do a completely blind playthrough first since even a collectible guide might spoil a bit too much for me. Of course I ended up missing some stuff so I had to do a second playthrough to snatch up everything while practising some sections as well to hopefully reduce my struggle with the final playthrough on insane mode (permadeath feature). Doesn't seem like it's going to be too much of a problem though since most of the encounters are pretty much scripted anyway.

Not a perfect game by any means but overall still pretty fun to play. Storywise it was kinda dissapointing but I hear the DLC tends to make up for that so I'm looking forward to play it as soon as I'm done with the main game!

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent
  • Like 2

1. Phoenix Wright: Ace attorney trilogy - 69% (24/31) —> 100% (31/31) :platinum: 16-08-2019
2. The Walking Dead the final season - 0% (0/49) —> 100% (49/49) :platinum: 21-08-2019
3. Persona 5 - 85% (45/49) —> 100% (49/49) :platinum: 15-07-2019
4. Astro Bot Rescue Mission - 14% (7/37)
5. Judgement - 0% (0/47)

Got another platinum trophy! Finished the walking dead final season. It was pretty quick and I enjoyed playing it. Happy to have seen the ending to the story! 

• Like 3

Update #12:

• Rocketbirds 2: Evolution (8%) => 11%
  • Sonic Mania (0%) => 4%
  • Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut (PS3) (0%) => 100% - 05/06/19
  • SOMA (0%) => 100% - 22/06/19
  • Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4) (0%) => 100% - 24/06/19
  • What Remains of Edith Finch (0%) => 100% - 26/06/19
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss (2%) => 100% - 20/07/19
  • Master Reboot (0%) => 100% - 22/07/19
  • Foul Play (0%) => 100% - 03/08/19
  • God of War III Remastered (0%) => 100% - 03/08/19
  • Overcooked (0%) => 100% - 07/08/19
  • Assault Suit Leynos (24%) => 100% - 21/08/19
  • Broken Age (91%) => 100% - 22/08/19

Games added:

• Claire (0%) - PS4 + PS Vita
  • Forma.8 (0%)

Another big update! Completed Assault Suit Leynos earlier today and I'm pretty satisfied with it's platinum as it was a game I originally thought would've been too difficult/too much out of my comfort zone. I was expecting a significant challenge when attempting the 'Old Tricks' trophy but I found an amazing video on YouTube and managed to pick it up in around 15-20 minutes. After that it was a matter of breezing through 'Classic mode' and finally picking up the platinum. I had a few issues with trophies not unlocking when they should, but aside from that I enjoyed the game.

After a bit of an interval I decided to go back to Broken Age and attempt the speed run, which I managed with no issues following a text guide. There wasn't a section where I had to replay more than a couple of times and I think my final time was around the 57/58 minute mark. The game itself was okay, nothing special. One thing I will comment on is the broken menu's which really pissed me off. Such a crucial part of any game, and I fail to see how they could've released the game without ensuring they were working correctly. It made loading/saving an absolute chore at times which was unnecessary and completely avoidable.

I'm also about three quarters of the way through the second chapter in Rocketbirds 2: Evolution. The game is a little convoluted for my liking, and a lot of the times the path forward isn't too clear. The game play itself is semi-enjoyable, but as I've stated before it's not a game I could play for long periods of time.

Finally, I've decided to add 2 more games to my list! I may do both stacks of Claire, depending on whether I enjoy the game or not. I think I have enough time to complete everything, depending on whether or not I'll actually be able for the Sonic Mania 100%... dreading going back to that game. 10 days remaining...

• Like 3