Is there a way to hide country/global rank?

Hey guys, first of all, thanks for the awesome service. I only recently came back to play my PS3 (with all the disappointment from Xbox One announcement), back before I switched to 360 as my main console (that was in 2008) there was no such a service for trophies (like MyGamerCard.net for Xbox) so it's really awesome that community developed a lot since then. 

But I have few problems/suggestions. 

First of all, is there a way to completely hide global/country rank from Trophies Card? It just looks so much sleeker without it. Just compare those 2:

28hAA1e.png

vs

Original:

Shizo.png

And that leads me to my next suggestion - add more layouts and options, or even allow players to do those themselves. Why not allow featured platinum(s) trophies instead of latest? Or featured 100% games? How about PSN avatar size and position? I saw people with pretty cool avatars that sadly are from some promotions or unique to specific country PSN Store. 

Or make those options for premium users - those that use your service for free won't be affected in any way, those that pay or deciding to pay or not will have more cool features to relate to. 

• Like 1

I think it is removed when you went on the "Dirty" leaderboards.

Yes and no, your rankings are no longer displayed, but your account's region is still shown at the bottom, for example, if I cheated, the rankings would disappear from my trophy card, but the Australian flag in the bottom left corner would still be there.

Not a perfect solution. And more options is always better than less. You might like it, some people don't. I dont mine subtle watermark either, it's ranking that give me eye cancer.

Even then why not allow clean gamercards? It's like stock images service or lot of similar services - free users get watermark, premium get clean image.

P.S.

Damn it, hard to type on a tablet. Don't mind shitty typos.

Edited by Shizo
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bump, would like to hear thoughts from administration. Let us hide the country/global ranks at least from gamercard. I think it's pointless in the first place, since there are thousands of cheaters out there. Whenever I update my trophycard, just before mine pops I see random people. Sometimes i see people with 99.9-100% competition. I checked them out, and lot of them have like 3-4 games fully platinum-ed in matter of minutes or hours. Or trophies from 2012 games obtained in 1995-2006. 

Here is an example, I just refreshed main page and like after 4 refreshes I got this guy: https://psnprofiles.com/Il_SALEM_KSA_ll

Dead Space 3 trophies 3 years ago? And he still show up on global and country leader boards, so I see no point in those unless ytou can ensure that at least 90% of cheaters are quickly banned from leaderboards. 

Bump, would like to hear thoughts from administration. Let us hide the country/global ranks at least from gamercard. I think it's pointless in the first place, since there are thousands of cheaters out there. Whenever I update my trophycard, just before mine pops I see random people. Sometimes i see people with 99.9-100% competition. I checked them out, and lot of them have like 3-4 games fully platinum-ed in matter of minutes or hours. Or trophies from 2012 games obtained in 1995-2006. 

Here is an example, I just refreshed main page and like after 4 refreshes I got this guy: https://psnprofiles.com/Il_SALEM_KSA_ll

Dead Space 3 trophies 3 years ago? And he still show up on global and country leader boards, so I see no point in those unless ytou can ensure that at least 90% of cheaters are quickly banned from leaderboards. 

Not really sure if you'll get any progress on the ability to hide ranks off of gamercards from the website staff, but either way, your rank is still a bit higher than it would be if all of PSN's 70 million users were logged into the PSNProfiles system, but anyway, I reported the user you linked for Dead Space 3 and if the staff sees the report and cited this person as a cheater then he will be taken off the ranks, I suggest everyone you and all other people who are premium members on this site see who have trophies with time stamps that are not official/legitimate, then report them too which will gradually make the leaderboards more and more legitimate. I know it doesn't really help your main issue, but that's all the advice I got from my knowledge on this =/ Hope it helps in some way at least, lol

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

I guess I will keep coming back to this thread, maybe someone from site staff will see it and will let us remove country and global ranks from Trophy Card to make it more clear, hopefully before PS4 launch. I don't mind ranks on my profile page at all, just seem out of place on some of the cool backgrounds when generating trophy cards.

Edited by Shizo

The watermark idea won't work.

Half the people on these leader boards are only on there because they want a nice trophy card to show in signatures on other forums, and don't use this one as their primary site, if at all.

The leader boards are healthier as a result (since the bigger the uptake the more legitimate they are) and no one is going to see a trophy card with an ugly watermark on it and decide "hey, that watermark is ugly as shit, I got to get me one like that!" Especially with so many other sites offering cards for free.

The trophy cards are by a long margin the most prominent advertisement for the site. No admin in his right mind is gonna fuck around with making those look worse for non-premiums.

• Like 1

But watermark is already there? (the link at the bottom). Some people thought that I want to remove both country/global ranks and watermark just because of my example, it was much easier to cut out bottom bar from the trophy card than to edit out ranks and leave the link, I just made it for reference in 5min, hence just removed botom. I could care less for the watermark if there would be an option to remove ranks.

• 3 years later...

Speaking of earlier about "dirty" leaderboards, how do I dispute that? I got flagged for Star Ocean The Last Hope a long time ago, but I didn't cheat. My times ARE a bit screwy though as I changed the clock a lot for time related trophies in other games (Like LittleBigPlanet's 7 days a week trophy, etc) so it looks like I earned trophies at a later date than when I actually earned them (and should earn them).

Speaking of earlier about "dirty" leaderboards, how do I dispute that? I got flagged for Star Ocean The Last Hope a long time ago, but I didn't cheat. My times ARE a bit screwy though as I changed the clock a lot for time related trophies in other games (Like LittleBigPlanet's 7 days a week trophy, etc) so it looks like I earned trophies at a later date than when I actually earned them (and should earn them).

You're flagged because you hacked the Dragon Fin Soup platinum.

Along with all the other stuff on your list with stupid time stamps that's all out of order.

Edited by Gage
  • Like 1

But everything else was me fucking with the system clock for shits and giggles.

You're bad at lying. Changing the system clock has no affect on what the timestamps on trophies are. The time they pop at is based on a time set on your system when you connect to PSN, not the system clock.

• Like 1

It does when you're not connected online, mate.

It doesn't, stop making stuff up. The time trophy timestamps are based off is constant and is set when you sign in to PSN on an account the first time. It cannot be changed and is completely independent from the system clock.

It does when you're not connected online, mate.

It doesn't. It's linked to a separate clock than the one that is changeable by user input. It gets its time from when you connect to PSN. If you turn off your system, this clock doesn't reset because of the internal battery. If the internal battery is removed and you've turned your system off then it will give you a missing timestamp.

You'll need to hide all flagged/hacked games to get back on the leaderboard. You'll also want to do that quickly because there are quite a few other games with bad timestamps that are likely to be flagged. If someone has too many flagged games then they are removed from being tracked by the site.

Edited by kuuhaku
  • Like 2