How to earn Sail The 7 Seas Trophy while bugged. (Downgrading/Complex Guide)

ICavv

100% this fixed it for both myself and a friend.

After spending over 8 hours in a boat, swimming around and trying different seeds, I gave up and did this method to downgrade to 1.90.

Trophy popped in about 20 minutes using the tutorial world and the seed called 'Skyshard' as used in the video by Trophy Grunt in the trophy guide.

One important thing I noticed was both myself and my mate got this trophy immediately as we returned to a coral biome, despite already visiting it several times earlier. 

66859494_2363434837038168_856202318868119552_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQmRoPDAH9pzYzM4RvMN6gDqWiDmmWOYr2d8xjojQIpjbPgbP-1l1BlbclEPpqbpBWs&_nc_ht=scontent.fmel5-1.fna&oh=5ee881d588747138d06f02dd41d29c66&oe=5DA5B2FF

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Did it all then when downloading the final download went to the store clicked to start downloading and it says "Cannot continue downloading the content. It's not on the server. It will be deleted from [Downloads]. (CE-36246-1)

Edited by Gav-Vaughan

On 7/28/2019 at 11:21 AM, Gav-Vaughan said:

Did it all then when downloading the final download went to the store clicked to start downloading and it says "Cannot continue downloading the content. It's not on the server. It will be deleted from [Downloads]. (CE-36246-1)

Sounds like you are using the wrong regions patch, make sure to copy the right one.

Hello, i did everything but it won't let me install the correct version of minecraft...it keeps downloading the version 1.94..

On charles i do not have the option "map remote" instead i have "view mapping" and all the changes i do there won't save

Hello

For the people who like me think that this method is not for them. You can try to report the bug on the website made for this via the link below.

https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MCCE-9086?filter=-8&jql=project %3D MCCE AND updated >%3D -1w order by updated DESC

I think that just a few comments and votes to say that this issue is common to everybody should be enough to let Mojang know there is a problem about this trophy.

On 26. 6. 2019 at 3:37 PM, timpurnat said:

hi, I am having problems with downloading minecraft the second time. I get this error message: " An error occurred on the server (HTTP Status Code : 503)(CE-40868-6)"

edit: Tried again and it worked! thank you! 

What did you do? I have same problem and it does not work for me no matter what i do

2 hours ago, HawkeSK said:

What did you do? I have same problem and it does not work for me no matter what i do

I restarted everything and deleted charles proxy server(don't know if this did anything). I'm not 100% sure but I think that I copied the wrong link. I also restarted router and ps4. Maybe you also copied a wrong link in step 6. I see you  are from slovakia so this is probably the right one: http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA00265_00/152/f_7cecbc63b886db44717cb42ba6e90fb475e14a3ba117bf8dd4adc138c1df8ce3/f/EP4433-CUSA00265_00-MINECRAFTPS40000-A0190-V0100.json 

In step 8, when you edit mapping box be very careful that you fill in the right info and at the end it's very important that you DO NOT close the popup, instead press OK.

I also needed a few tries but I eventually got it working.

Edited by timpurnat
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, NoMoreUpdates said:

I followed all the steps and was able to successfully download the 1.90 version of the game, but after trying two more times going through the "Skyshard" seed and following the exact coordinates I was still not able to get the trophy.

Anyone have any tips/idea?

All I can suggest, is you delete your saves and try again since your saves may have been corrupted by the bug that causes this trophy glitch in the first place.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

All I can suggest is, you delete your saves and try again since your saves may have been corrupted by the bug that causes this trophy glitch in the first place.

Oh alright cool! I'll give that a try and get back to you!
Thanks for the tip!

Edit: I tried this again and made sure this time to delete all save data on the PS4 and sadly I still am having no luck.

Guess I might just have to wait for the patch. If anyone has any other seeds I can try I'll give them a go.

Edited by NoMoreUpdates
Update to message

ESRB rated Minecraft: Bedrock Edition for PS4 and now 4J Studios are doing maps for the Bedrock version of the game. 

I think this bug will only be solved when they make the switch to Bedrock, since Microsoft is probably working on it and this trophy isn't glitched there. I also don't think 4J will update the game till there

• Like 1

Finally installed the 1.90 update, spent 4 hours, nothing.

EDIT 1:

I'm currently retrying the method and I didn't have to remap again in Charles, its downloading the 1.90 patch for default.

EDIT 2:

Got the trophy, this is what I did. I fully explored the Tutorial world, gave up. I used the Skyshard and the video posted in this thread, nothing. Created a world, seed is -7478157429680837278  size medium, biomes medium. Visited everywhere and died afk while searching tutorials, then I went back in the swamp direction and found a choral sea biome, it popped when i aproached it. I think the choral biome is not being registered. I don't have any screenshots because i forgot to pause the game and died while checking trophy data. I hope this information helps anyone doing this method. @NoMoreUpdates try this.

Edited by MegoSuperHero
Update
  • Like 2

On 8/11/2019 at 10:22 PM, MegoSuperHero said:

Finally installed the 1.90 update, spent 4 hours, nothing.

EDIT 1:

I'm currently retrying the method and I didn't have to remap again in Charles, its downloading the 1.90 patch for default.

EDIT 2:

Got the trophy, this is what I did. I fully explored the Tutorial world, gave up. I used the Skyshard and the video posted in this thread, nothing. Created a world, seed is -7478157429680837278  size medium, biomes medium. Visited everywhere and died afk while searching tutorials, then I went back in the swamp direction and found a choral sea biome, it popped when i aproached it. I think the choral biome is not being registered. I don't have any screenshots because i forgot to pause the game and died while checking trophy data. I hope this information helps anyone doing this method. @NoMoreUpdates try this.

Alright so I just got the trophy and this is what I did.
-Downgraded game to v1.90 following all steps in the setup, including deleting all local save data (cloud saves can remain)

-Loaded "Skyshard" seed and followed all coordinates in video

-Loaded the seed you gave "-7478157429680837278" and wandered around till I found some coral...sadly no trophy. :(

-Loaded a tutorial world, finished initial part, jumped in the big ocean part and before I even hit the water the trophy popped!

Huge thank you to you @MegoSuperHero for the suggestion whether it helped or didn't it was still great to try and definitely maybe is exactly what I needed!!

Edited by NoMoreUpdates
Update to message
  • Like 1

Okay, so I accidentally edited the 'map from' section instead of the 'map to'. Now every time that I try doing it just says that I can't download the update file (at all). Step 4 is far as I can make it. I also used Charles for 7 days to die last night and it worked perfectly fine but I didn't have the mishap that I had with Minecraft.

Edited by Venixux

19 hours ago, Venixux said:

Okay, so I accidentally edited the 'map from' section instead of the 'map to'. Now every time that I try doing it just says that I can't download the update file (at all). Step 4 is far as I can make it. I also used Charles for 7 days to die last night and it worked perfectly fine but I didn't have the mishap that I had with Minecraft.

To fix the issue try doing these things:

Click "Tools" in bar at the top

"Map Remote" should be checked so click it

You will then see the remote that you setup so click that and then click "Remove" on that one

Follow the steps again carefully and you should be fine.

Note: If Charles is messing up, try uninstalling and reinstalling.

I also had this issue similarly and this is what I did.

2 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Really appreciate this thread thanks OP. Still need this trophy as well, it's my final one. Not sure how long this is gonna take to set up? But i don't know what i should do, wait for a patch or just do this :(.

If you do the steps I just posted above then you should get it. It’s worth trying if you have the time.

17 hours ago, The_MartyJazzae said:

When I go to re-download minecraft on step 9, it just keeps giving me a error?  

(HTTP Status Code: 400)

(CE-40848-4)

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Hmm, I have not seen this error code before nor is Google any help with it. A few suggestions I can tell you are, make sure to be using the right region's patch of the game and when editing the mapping of MINECRAFTPS40000-A0194-V0100.json make sure you are just typing text in the Map To section. Lastly if it is still not working you can clear all of your mapping data in Charles Proxy by clicking tools in the top header and going to Map Remote and removing all of the entered data.