Kill Your Completion X

33 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

I wonder if maybe there was a leaderboard somewhere and then they took it down without telling anyone and trophies were linked to that. Dunno. 

You'll probably get the 100 deaths trophy without trying. There were half a dozen or so levels I hit that target on. 

Also yeah, it's annoying that you just start as soon as you die. Can't count how many times I was mashing dash, hit something, and auto started the timer. Kind of annoying. 

Everything popped normal except the God mode (blue stars) and deaths. So hopefully you can figure something out. I was also wondering if maybe all the deaths need to be in the main mode or something weird like that. I once farmed over 10k in a single session to check and see if that would pop it, saving every few hundred deaths. Nothing. :(

It's not looking good.  I'm at 5000+ deaths.  I farmed most of them on 3-18 (where you just fall at the start into an enemy) about 90-95 at a time.  I waited about 15 minutes on the end of level screen after passing 5000 deaths.  No good.  I've played 5-1 through 5-15 since passing 5000 also.  Nothing.  Tried getting a new fastest time on a level I already played, which would also put me in the top 20 on the leaderboard for the level (the main page of the level's leaderboard), thinking maybe that might jar something loose, but nope.  I also did a couple tests on a guest account spamming dash into an enemy on 1-10.  The 10, 100, and 1000 death trophies popped fine.  The 2000 one popped after playing another level after it should have popped, but I didn't get the 5000 one to pop there either.  The same thing I've been seeing on my main game.

It's really weird.  Summary of what I've seen:

10 deaths, 100 deaths, 1000 deaths, and 100 deaths in a level all pop exactly when they should at the end of the level.  You can even stack them all with no problem.

2000 deaths doesn't pop exactly when it should.  But it'll pop a lvl or two after.  Who knows?  ?

5000 deaths?  Don't know, haven't been able to pop it yet.

I haven't gotten to 10000 deaths either on my main game or in my testing on a guest account, but I'm assuming it'll be bugged like 5k.

I'm at a loss as far as figuring out the logic behind this at the moment.  I'm going to keep playing the game normally and see if any miracles happen.

Unfortunately I didn't have very much time to do my first day of Game #4 because I didn't get to it until I had platinumed two games and then I had to eat dinner and bathe, and I got distracted by Miitopia AGAIN, but I did get at least a half hour of having Sora just get to the near end of Destiny Islands. I'll just post everything on the 12th, since I will be picking up DQB2 then.

Well, only got in a little bit of playtime but when I tried to run it over midnight, a STUPID thunderstorm erupted in my area and I had to turn off my PS4 to avoid it getting fried like my LAST one. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! ?⛈️

I have to go to sleep anyways. I will try to get in some time tomorrow. :(

On 7/9/2019 at 11:16 AM, Together_Comic said:

Game 3: N++

dN60rnaFo3WTXV7Di-gxa7joxpt4yYJlKmyvHhmAAjK2rmzCJv8aLb_DzktlIDC1kmir0MlPsxqeMu513LUdApjgMHCKf6BZyzLanHrZO4jIlh8MHM8aN7nT9SaqszO9MmSzew0v

I had a lot of fun with N++. One good thing is that it saves your best run for each level so you can rewatch it. I keep meaning to actually go back and make videos for the harder levels since there isn't a ton of info out there. 

All in all id say the plat for this is much easier than SMB, but takes a lot longer due to the sheer number of levels. 

On 7/9/2019 at 2:05 PM, dizzyshadow said:

Game 2 : Hollow Knight

Ld82edd.png

Overall the game just didn't really grab me so i'm keen to move on. Will see if i come back to this after the event.

Playtime 3-4 hours

Trophies: 2/35

Rating: :bronze:

Completion : 57.83%

Bummer. The save / checkpoint system is very similar to the Souls games. What annoyed me is the rarity of fast travel stations. I felt that there could have been 3 or 4 more spread out.

One thing to know, the game actually does save your progress when you quit to menu. So if you're in bad shape and not sure you can make it back you can quit. You will restart with full health at the last bench you rested at, which is better than trying to go grab your shade again.

FYI, I use save to mean keeping your items and money, not location. 

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Arctic Cress said:

"Now that's a true RPG turd you dug out."

Yep, that was me. I platinumed it on my old account and I felt it was one of the worst RPGs I've ever played. The graphics are dull, the dialogues seemed to go on forever and the massive backtracking and grinding were the final nail to the coffin.

3 hours ago, dizzyshadow said:

Game 3: Bad North

I really enjoyed this so if you are fan of tactical games i highly recommend you pick this up.

Ooh, goodie. I was looking at that one and wondering if I would like it. Glad to see you had so much fun with it. :D

• Like 1

Game #5 - Burnout Paradise Remastered - Preview

L01dab3.png

Well, I almost forgot to post a preview for this, as I was focsed on getting the Atelier Ayesha plat. Only now I realised that the next game is up for hte event. So, it's an arcade racer. That's all I know, as I never played a Burnout game.

It's a game I've always wanted to try out, and then it got "remastered". So I bought it when it was on sale. Most racing games I've played were more of the sim genre, and mainly involved motorbikes, orthe odd NFS game.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 4

@voodoo_eyes I'm going to make a change to my list. Became much less interested in this Sonic game when I read a patch has made it more difficult. Possibly a lot more difficult. And I don't even know how interested I was to begin with. Never owned a Sega console, and only remember liking one Sonic game. That was Adventure DX, which is nothing like the old ones which this is modeled after.. Think it's better to play another game I paid money for than waste my time with it. 

So, if you could replace it with Lollipop Chainsaw, that would be great. :) See which one of these "school girl fighting zombies" games is the better one. Have a feeling I already know the answer, but I could be surprised. :P

Edited by DamagingRob

54 minutes ago, Metal Slime King said:

You made the right choice. A good idea to get Lollipop Chainsaws 1 online trophy requiring access to leader-boards out of the way.

Didn't know it had online. But yeah, probably would be good to get that done sooner rather than later.