Judgment Trophy Thoughts

MidnightDragon

49 minutes ago, Terminus124 said:

Mahjong is awesome, one of my favorite minigames in this series. I spent hours playing it just for fun since there's barely any Android game in EU Play Store so I can't play it properly anywhere else. There are some very handy Yakuza mahjong tutorials on Youtube and the rest you'll figure out for yourself.

On the other hand I've always cheated in Shogi, following video guides. I've no idea how to play it. Hope it's not gonna be a big grind.

I have an excellent riichi mahjong app that I downloaded about a year ago called Noten Riichi Mahjong but it seems like it's been taken off the Play store. If you Google it you can still find the .APK though.

I've had my physical copy of Judgment since Saturday morning but I've been determined to finish off Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise which took a bit longer than I expected. Got Judgment installing right though and I'm glad to hear that the trophy list provides a good challenge.

• Like 1

@Greidis For Puyo Puyo what do you mean by you have to get a 20+ streak by the way? Like you have to break the blocks (or whatever the equivalent would be for Tetris since I know nothing about this) or you have to win 20+ times in a row?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

@Greidis For Puyo Puyo what do you mean by you have to get a 20+ streak by the way? Like you have to break the blocks (or whatever the equivalent would be for Tetris since I know nothing about this) or you have to win 20+ times in a row?

I think you have to beat 20 opponents in a row but your blocks dont restart when you beat one. I'm not 100% but I could only win once. Anyone got any tips?

You have to win between 20 - 30 times in a row for the last rival to show up, meaning in one go without losing yourself. 

There's not really going to be any tips for Puyo other than "git gud", as it's the most basic mechanical version of it so there's no real tricks other than learning how to play it well and knowing how to set up chains. It's really poorly set up in game as well as far as learning goes as the AI basically starts at a 10, so you're basically climbing a vertical wall. 

Edited by Gage
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Gage said:

You have to win between the 20 - 30 times in a row for the last rival to show up, meaning in one go without losing yourself. 

There's not really going to be any tips for Puyo other than "git gud", as it's the most basic mechanical version of it so there's no real tricks other than learning how to play it well and knowing how to set up chains. It's really poorly set up in game as well as far as learning goes as the AI basically starts at a 10, so you're basically climbing a vertical wall. 

Good trophy guide btw. Have you already finished puyo puyo?

2 minutes ago, MarcooW96 said:

Good trophy guide btw. Have you already finished puyo puyo?

No, it'll probably be the last thing I end up doing since there's not much to explain about it. I got to 5 yesterday but then stopped after getting slammed multiple times in a row by the first opponent. ?

Just now, Gage said:

No, it'll probably be the last thing I end up doing since there's not much to explain about it. I got to 5 yesterday but then stopped after getting slammed multiple times in a row by the first opponent. 1f629.png

Yeah I think I may leave it till the very end. I dont even know if I'll be able to do it tbh it's crazy hard.

10 minutes ago, Gage said:

You have to win between 20 - 30 times in a row for the last rival to show up, meaning in one go without losing yourself. 

Wow that really is insane ? Hard is one thing but damn. I would take Climax Battles or just about anything else over something like that any day.

Considering the shogi can (seemingly) be cheesed, this should be one of the easier Yakuza-like platinums for me. I'm 15 hours into the game.

I've already blasted through the Puyo Puyo Tetris requirements, even though I'm really not that good at Tetris. You've just gotta discover a good strategy. Heck I even got to 51 wins in a row when I lost. What I do is I first make sure the three columns on the right are completely filled. While filling up the third column, I also pay attention to which color is at the bottom of the third column and I make sure I drop at least one more, ideally two more, of the same color at the bottom of the fourth column by rotating so that only the color I need falls into that fourth column. That makes it a bit easier to eventually get all 4 of the same color at the bottom. Then when they do pop, it often gives a chain reaction up above for massive damage.

If all three columns on the right are filled and I get some junk colors I don't need, I just pile them up on the leftmost column. Every so often I make sure to clean that part up when I see the opportunity, because I do need that part to be somewhat clean just in case I'm in a bit of a pinch. Also, I always pick the fish character because he can really screw you over if you battle him sometimes.

Anyway, mahjong is no issue for me because Yakuza has actually taught me how to play it. I love it now! I haven't really noticed anything particularly difficult so far.

Edited by Asimb0mb
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gage said:

A lot of people suggest the "3 column wall" method to somewhat cheese this. I can actually vouch for it, as it's a good noob-friendly way to cheese puyo. Fill up half the screen left or right with a 3 column walls, and do it quick without any consideration as to where everything goes (i.e., just let that shit fall), and then work on the half of the screen that isn't filled up. The goal of this is when you "accidentally" clear a row or several in the wall, the bricks or whatever they are called will come tumbling down and create a chain reaction. If you get a five or more chain reaction, then it's pretty much lights out for the opponent. With this method, you should regularly be able to chain clears fairly regularly, but there will be times where you'll get cheap shotted by the enemy, and they will put you out of commission with an unlucky (well, for you anyway) chain on their side.

Please keep in mind this isn't 100%. You will and probably (emphasis on this) most likely will get an unlucky roll coming your way from the other side that'll nuke your round with one unlucky chain. However, for those that have trouble with it, it's the best thing you can do unless you are some sort of puyo puyo god.

EDIT: Just noticed someone suggest this above, but there's a video for this above.

Edited by iamjax
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Redgrave said:

Your opponents should be overflowed with blocks and start again. So you have to win.

20 streak info was wrong btw.Last character (Rulue or something like that) only appears for me in 35th win, this was totally insane.. It's random but i believe she starts to appear only after 30 wins.  I used 3 column wall method and a lot of practice (about 15 hours). When match starts you shoud hold DOWN+RIGHT on your Dpad until you build 3 columns. After that only start thinking about connecting colors, try to match colors to the colors of puyo in the bottom of first two towers and drop it a little and there is a chance that this will trigger chain combo. Don't take to long you should be hyper offensive or some AI will make huge combos and destroy you (like this damned fish guy whose AI is insane for some reason, if you give him a minute to build huge stairs you are done for, bear is dangerous af too.)

Also i believe AI difficulty is tied to what character you play. For example if you choose Rulue or Witch they will destroy you. Even the easiest AI will be moving puyos like crazy. So to be safe choose always Girl with plushy doll (Airie or something like that)

Edited by Greidis
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Greidis said:

Your opponents should be overflowed with blocks and start again. So you have to win.

20 streak info was wrong btw.Last character (Ramune or something like that) only appears for me in 35th win, this was totally insane.. It's random but i believe she starts to appear only after 30 wins.  I used 3 column wall method and a lot of practice (about 15 hours). When match starts you shoud hold DOWN+RIGHT on your Dpad until you build 3 columns. After that only start thinking about connecting colors, try to match colors to the colors of puyo in the bottom of first two towers and drop it a little and there is a chance that this will trigger chain combo. Don't take to long you should be hyper offensive or some AI will make huge combos and destroy you (like this damned fish guy whose AI is insane for some reason, if you give him a minute to build huge stairs you are done for, bear is dangerous af too.)

Also i believe AI difficulty is tied to what character you play. For example if you choose Ramune or Wich they will destroy you. Even the easiest AI will be moving puyos like crazy. So to be safe choose always Girl with plushy doll (Airie or something like that)

It's somewhere above 20 - 25 that they can start showing up, but it can take longer since it's random. Friend who did it over the weekend got it at IIRC 28. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greidis said:

20 streak info was wrong btw.Last character (Ramune or something like that) only appears for me in 35th win, this was totally insane.. It's random but i believe she starts to appear only after 30 wins.  I used 3 column wall method and a lot of practice (about 15 hours). When match starts you shoud hold DOWN+RIGHT on your Dpad until you build 3 columns. After that only start thinking about connecting colors, try to match colors to the colors of puyo in the bottom of first two towers and drop it a little and there is a chance that this will trigger chain combo. Don't take to long you should be hyper offensive or some AI will make huge combos and destroy you (like this damned fish guy whose AI is insane for some reason, if you give him a minute to build huge stairs you are done for, bear is dangerous af too.)

Also i believe AI difficulty is tied to what character you play. For example if you choose Ramune or Wich they will destroy you. Even the easiest AI will be moving puyos like crazy. So to be safe choose always Girl with plushy doll (Airie or something like that)

I don't think the AI difficulty is tied to the character you use. I tried every character in the japanese version and didn't notice any change in AI difficulty. 

26 minutes ago, z-Blazee said:

I don't think the AI difficulty is tied to the character you use. I tried every character in the japanese version and didn't notice any change in AI difficulty. 

I'm fairly certain it's just based on the character you're facing, so you can get lucky and get the easy ones first or the game can give you the finger and start you with the fish guy who will get combos on you before you can even get a the 3 rows set up on either side. 

Also don't choose characters who appears last (Witch and Rulue) because you cant fight against your character. 

Also choosing fish-guy (Suketoudara) may be a good strategy because his AI is OP and if you choose him you will never see him in the match.

/

Edited all names in my previous posts.

Edited by Greidis

1 hour ago, Greidis said:

Also don't choose characters who appears last (Witch and Rulue) because you cant fight against your character. 

Also choosing fish-guy (Suketoudara) may be a good strategy because his AI is OP and if you choose him you will never see him in the match.

/

Edited all names in my previous posts.

That's what I've started doing, playing as him you get a bit more relief at the beginning so you can actually practice more. 

I've got to about 21 now, only done this for about 2 hours. Definitely do the three columns to the right strategy and play as the fish character. You can still get boned by RNG, but that lets you get farther so can actually be practicing more. Hopefully can get this tomorrow. 

I got it :D Got to 31 then lost to the bear, don't actually know what number I got the last rival at. Playing as the fish to avoid having him as an early opponent and then doing the 3 columns is 100% the way to go. 

Edited by Gage
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, MarcooW96 said:

Is there an easy way to beat Dural in VF5? Can beat everyone else with ease but can't even win 1 round against Dural.

After vsing him a handful of times and getting my ass beat I found I guess a somewhat cheese method (but also requires some luck) walk back near the edge of the ring do a 180 around him and knock him off for a ring out, Im just not got enough with timing blocks and doing combos to KO twice so a double ringout is definitely the way to go

EDIT: Sometimes he will do a jumping attack and if you time it well will jump off the map, a bit more tedious but is doable.

Edited by Surgical_Assault

2 minutes ago, Surgical_Assault said:

After vsing him a handful of times and getting my ass beat I found I guess a somewhat cheese method (but also requires some luck) walk back near the edge of the ring do a 180 around him and knock him off for a ring out, Im just not got enough with timing blocks and doing combos to KO twice so a double ringout is definitely the way to go

EDIT: Sometimes he will do a jumping attack and if you time it well will jump off the map, a bit more tedious but is doable.

How do you 180?