The developer needs your help

ShadoonX

I have two updates:

1)  I just completed my fourth playthrough, trying again to become Katherine.  I'm happy to report that I did get the HELLO KATHERINE trophy. ?

2)  The following is a tiny bit spoiler-ish, so I'm going to mark it as such.  It's about the VINYLS I've found so far.  And I have not unlocked the SOUND OF MUSIC trophy. ?

Spoiler

These are the VINYLS I now have in my inventory.  They are not like the photos; you'll find the same vinyls repeatedly.  For numbers 2-16, I've listed for each where I found them for the first time.

1. OUT OF THE PAST (is in your collection upon starting the game.  It is a track option in the CUTTING ROOM, and all other rooms)
  2. A DOUBLE LIFE    (chapter 6/THEATER)
  3. A STAR IS BORN    (chapter 6/THEATER)
  4. DAUGHTER OF HORROR    (chapter 8/CAGE)
  5. MULHOLLAND DRIVE    (chapter 8/CAGE)
  6. MURDER, MY SWEET    (chapter 7/PRISON)
  7. NO WAY OUT    (chapter 3/HOME)
  8. OUT OF THE PAST    (chapter 3/HOME)
  9. SCARLET STREET    (chapter 5/HOTEL)
  10. SPELLBOUND    (chapter 5/HOTEL)
  11. STAGE FRIGHT    (chapter 6/HOME)
  12. SUNSET BOULEVARD    (chapter 6/HOME)
  13. THE BAD SEED    (chapter 4/HOSPITAL)
  14. THE BIG HEAT    (chapter 4/HOSPITAL)
  15. THE SECOND WOMAN    (chapter 2/STUDIO)
  16. THE WRONG MAN    (chapter 2/STUDIO)

I don't think these are ones you can find; they appear to just be a special track for each type of room.

IN A LONELY PLACE (is a track option in the SAFE ROOM but not in the the LOST ROOM or the DRESSING ROOM or the CUTTING ROOM)
THE MOON IS BLUE (is an option in the LOST ROOM but not in the DRESSING ROOM or the CUTTING ROOM or the SAFE ROOM)
KISS ME DEADLY (is a track option in the DRESSING ROOM but not in the CUTTING ROOM or the SAFE ROOM or the LOST ROOM)
GASLIGHT  (is a track option in the CUTTING ROOM but not in the the SAFE ROOM or the LOST ROOM or the DRESSING ROOM)

The sad and stupid thing is, you have to put in time and effort to fix a bug and you have to pay Sony money in order for them to handle doing the patch.

So unfortunately what incentive does a dev have to fix a patch that only affects trophies when there is no bug in the actual gameplay? Most people don't care about broken trophies, not even the devs.

9 hours ago, DaisyVilla102 said:

I have two updates:

1)  I just completed my fourth playthrough, trying again to become Katherine.  I'm happy to report that I did get the HELLO KATHERINE trophy. ?

2)  The following is a tiny bit spoiler-ish, so I'm going to mark it as such.  It's about the VINYLS I've found so far.  And I have not unlocked the SOUND OF MUSIC trophy. ?

Reveal hidden contents

These are the VINYLS I now have in my inventory.  They are not like the photos; you'll find the same vinyls repeatedly.  For numbers 2-16, I've listed for each where I found them for the first time.

1. OUT OF THE PAST (is in your collection upon starting the game.  It is a track option in the CUTTING ROOM, and all other rooms)
  2. A DOUBLE LIFE    (chapter 6/THEATER)
  3. A STAR IS BORN    (chapter 6/THEATER)
  4. DAUGHTER OF HORROR    (chapter 8/CAGE)
  5. MULHOLLAND DRIVE    (chapter 8/CAGE)
  6. MURDER, MY SWEET    (chapter 7/PRISON)
  7. NO WAY OUT    (chapter 3/HOME)
  8. OUT OF THE PAST    (chapter 3/HOME)
  9. SCARLET STREET    (chapter 5/HOTEL)
  10. SPELLBOUND    (chapter 5/HOTEL)
  11. STAGE FRIGHT    (chapter 6/HOME)
  12. SUNSET BOULEVARD    (chapter 6/HOME)
  13. THE BAD SEED    (chapter 4/HOSPITAL)
  14. THE BIG HEAT    (chapter 4/HOSPITAL)
  15. THE SECOND WOMAN    (chapter 2/STUDIO)
  16. THE WRONG MAN    (chapter 2/STUDIO)

I don't think these are ones you can find; they appear to just be a special track for each type of room.

IN A LONELY PLACE (is a track option in the SAFE ROOM but not in the the LOST ROOM or the DRESSING ROOM or the CUTTING ROOM)
THE MOON IS BLUE (is an option in the LOST ROOM but not in the DRESSING ROOM or the CUTTING ROOM or the SAFE ROOM)
KISS ME DEADLY (is a track option in the DRESSING ROOM but not in the CUTTING ROOM or the SAFE ROOM or the LOST ROOM)
GASLIGHT  (is a track option in the CUTTING ROOM but not in the the SAFE ROOM or the LOST ROOM or the DRESSING ROOM)

But the first time you got Vesper Martini, right? In that case I wont change the list.

12 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

But the first time you got Vesper Martini, right? In that case I wont change the list.

To be precise, the first time I finished the campaign in June, I had become Katherine, but the "Become..." trophies weren't working.  I didn't get any trophy for it at the time.  The next time I played the game again was in October, and the VESPER MARTINI trophy popped while it was starting up.  That's why I've said it may not be the trophy that was glitched, but the update itself.

22 hours ago, enaysoft said:

The sad and stupid thing is, you have to put in time and effort to fix a bug and you have to pay Sony money in order for them to handle doing the patch.

So unfortunately what incentive does a dev have to fix a patch that only affects trophies when there is no bug in the actual gameplay? Most people don't care about broken trophies, not even the devs.

I personally feel that with Creazn being such a small developer, they actually do care if people are happy or not with their product, trophies or otherwise.  Whether they have the ability/funds to patch the game is a different story. 

Now if we are talking about Activision (or other giants) patching a game for the sake of trophies or non game breaking stuff, then you are absolutely right.

True, but would you, as a person want to spend your own money, and also the time and effort making the patch for people who already bought the game and are expecting the patch for free just to fix some trophies that doesn't actually affect the core gameplay.

There's sadly a reason why many trophy bugs are not fixed. Unless the developer is making new DLC or are a big corporation, it is not in their interests to do so, as frustrating as it is.

Many free games on PS+ have had games with broken trophies still not patched to this day and were known to be broken even before they were put on PS+

I would personally want my product to be as it was intended to be, absolutely.  Especially as a small developer or start up.  It would be interesting to see what kind of impact trophy bugs actually have on customer retention.  To me, it would seem that ignoring the broken parts of your games would give you a bad reputation, which would be very bad for a team just starting out, but I wonder how much it really hurts them.

• Like 1

Creazn are still trying to support this game.  Posted by the developer two days ago on the Steam page for Dollhouse:

'Creazn  [developer] May 19 @ 7:12pm 
"We are currently compiling an updated list of issues/bugs in regards to trophies/cheevos that are unobtainable. We hope to get a final update out sometime this year to fix them as a token of our appreciation for the support. When we have new info, we will let everyone know! :)

Edit: Please keep reporting the issues and in great detail to reproduce. If it's a trophy/cheevo, give us much info as possible when reporting. Please send all the info to [email protected]"
Last edited by Creazn; May 20 @ 3:40pm'

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DaisyVilla102 said:

Creazn are still trying to support this game.  Posted by the developer two days ago on the Steam page for Dollhouse:

'Creazn  [developer] May 19 @ 7:12pm 
"We are currently compiling an updated list of issues/bugs in regards to trophies/cheevos that are unobtainable. We hope to get a final update out sometime this year to fix them as a token of our appreciation for the support. When we have new info, we will let everyone know! :)

Edit: Please keep reporting the issues and in great detail to reproduce. If it's a trophy/cheevo, give us much info as possible when reporting. Please send all the info to [email protected]"
Last edited by Creazn; May 20 @ 3:40pm'

Oh yay! Thats awesome to hear! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Considering the developers have stating that they are working on a fix, I created an event for Saturday June 6th at 6pm to try and get "Join the party".  Currently there are 3 of us confirmed as going, we need 8.  Add me or join the community event if you are interested in getting this one out of the way.  Maybe we can pair up after that to work on the other mp trophies, it sounds like the rest can be done with just 2 people.  We can also reschedule if needed to get everybody in.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/13/2020 at 2:46 PM, LoveInHell said:

Tbh I just hope they’re not lying, like giving out hope for nothing.

I'd like to reference you to Asmodee Digital.

Don't trust publishers. Don't trust developers. If they wanted a functional product, they would have properly tested it before release.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I just highlight that although I didn't believe they would, Asmodee Digital did actually fix Ticket To Ride after over a year of promising a patch.

Any update on this game? It's again on sale in PSStore.

On 7/8/2020 at 10:15 AM, kj_mil said:

Any update on this game? It's again on sale in PSStore.

BLUF:  They appear to be working on a final patch for trophy-related issues at least, but they don't have a date yet.

In a 19 May 2020 post on Steam the developer said, "We hope to get a final update out sometime this year to fix them as a token of our appreciation for the support."  When I emailed them a bug report on 27 May, part of the Creazn program manager's response on 29 May was "...once we are able to get a date approved to roll out a patch, we cannot accept or fix anymore issues, so that is why we want to have as much as we can by then. We also cannot guarantee a fix for all, but we will make sure the trophies are a top priority..."

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2020 at 7:33 PM, Helyx said:

I'd like to reference you to Asmodee Digital.

Don't trust publishers. Don't trust developers. If they wanted a functional product, they would have properly tested it before release.

Also trion worlds, they kept promising over and over to fix the glitched defiance trophies and never did

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, brains_explosion said:

All games released by SOEDESCO are broken! You will never get platinum in their games. It is useless to write to them. 
They will not release patches. Just humble yourself and don't buy games that SOEDESCO released

Not true. It took a while and a fair bit of arm twisting on Twitter but they did eventually patch all 3 of the 8-Bit games so the respective Platinums could be achieved.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to let everyone know that the WALK OF FAME trophy is currently obtainable.  Dollhouse has not been patched recently, though, so as far as I know SOUND OF MUSIC is still unfortunately broken.

A PSN friend of mine just won it on 15 August 2020, and I just won it today, 16 August 2020.

50234882841_a4a8f88da7_w.jpg 

^^^ my friend's trophy screenshot.  He ended up getting it by winning a match after he had merely played 25 matches with each nominee.

50235097857_551b21046f_w.jpg 

^^^ my trophy screenshot.  I unlocked it after winning 25 matches with each nominee except for one.  The trophy popped when I'd won 24 matches with the last nominees, but I had played additional matches with that nominee, so maybe one counted somehow.

Edited by DaisyVilla102
  • Like 1