Considering selling my PSVR... but how?

Dreakon13

For a few reasons.  One, I'm not using it very much.  Two, it kinda makes me feel sick.  Three, if I go the VR route... I find the Oculus Quest (no wires, no PC/console, etc) a far more interesting direction.  Frankly I have 4 consoles and I think PSVR alone takes up more real estate as far as ugly wiring up around and behind the television goes.  It's a very, very cool toy but I think it's nearing time to find it a new home...

... but I'm not here to get into the pros and cons of it really.

Why I'm here... I have no idea how I would get from point A (having the PSVR) to point B (having money instead).  Usually I'd turn to eBay, but there are so many parts to this that I'm not comfortable that I'd be able to ship it without damaging anything, nor that whomever gets it would set it up correctly and not blame me (the seller).  I called Gamestop and they literally said they'd give me like $25 for all of it or some ridiculous number.

Just curious if anyone has any thoughts on avenues to sell this that's as painless as possible.  The easiest answer is to sell it to someone I know in person but truthfully I don't really know anyone else with a PS4 (or the one or two I do already have a PSVR). xD  Maybe other stores I could try that may take it off my hands?  Maybe swap some stories of instances where other PSNP users here that have sold theirs successfully to give me some ideas?  I don't really care about maximizing returns as long as its reasonable.

Edited by Dreakon13

Selling on Amazon is just as easy as eBay so that’s an online option, and I wouldn’t worry about transit. Just do a decent job and write fragile on the box. Everything shipped is insured through the carrier so you can file an insurance claim if it arrives broken, although 20+ years of selling online and I’ve only had to do that once. 

Nextdoor is like a local craigslist that everyone is verified who they say they are so the risk is removed and you can sell locally. Or Craigslist with a meetup at a local police station, as they all have areas for online bartering these days. 

There are two local game stores that aren’t GameStop here that offer decent prices, but they’re not chains. Maybe search around online to see if you also have some.

Lastly, pawn shops. They’re still around and pay decent money. Worth a phone call at the least to see what they can offer you. 

Edited by DaivRules

8 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

For a few reasons.  One, I'm not using it very much.  Two, it kinda makes me feel sick.  Three, if I go the VR route... I find the Oculus Quest (no wires, no PC/console, etc) a far more interesting direction.  Frankly I have 4 consoles and I think PSVR alone takes up more real estate as far as ugly wiring up around and behind the television goes.  It's a very, very cool toy but I think it's nearing time to find it a new home...

... but I'm not here to get into the pros and cons of it really.

Why I'm here... I have no idea how I would get from point A (having the PSVR) to point B (having money instead).  Usually I'd turn to eBay, but there are so many parts to this that I'm not comfortable that I'd be able to ship it without damaging anything, nor that whomever gets it would set it up correctly and not blame me (the seller).  I called Gamestop and they literally said they'd give me like $25 for all of it or some ridiculous number.

Just curious if anyone has any thoughts on avenues to sell this that's as painless as possible.  The easiest answer is to sell it to someone I know in person but truthfully I don't really know anyone else with a PS4 (or the one or two I do already have a PSVR). xD  Maybe other stores I could try that may take it off my hands?  Maybe swap some stories of instances where other PSNP users here that have sold theirs successfully to give me some ideas?  I don't really care about maximizing returns as long as its reasonable.

Do you have the original packaging? My used VR came in its packaging, making it much easier to ship. It would also sell for higher, but you could always try your luck at a pawn shop. They'll try to get you a low value, but you can debate on it. Never know, you might be able to trade it in for an Oculus. I managed to trade in one of my vitas (+ a pstv :/) for a Switch. 

Just sell it on the Facebook marketplace - that's where and how I sold mine. Sold it for $250 but came with two VR games, 2 move controllers, and a stand to hold/charge everything. Ebay and Amazon are good too but then you have to get a box big enough to ship, get involved with shipping costs, AND get hit with a fee for selling through them.