Indie game recommendations?!!

13 hours ago, victorrfuego said:

I've been playing Binding of Isaac: Rebirth lately and loving it. Any others titles I should play after this?

Well, Nuclear Throne and Enter the Gungeon are somewhat similiar to Binding.

I would also recommend Nex Machina.

• Like 1

It depends what you liked in The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.

If you liked gameplay with many cheeseable tactics, there's probably no similiar roguelike shooter. I tried Enter The Gungeon after BOI and didn't enjoy it too much, as it's definitely less cheeseable and more skill demanding.

But it's safe to recommend other Edmund McMillen's games, as he's awesome game designer. But only two are available on PSN, Super Meat Boy and recently released The End Is Nigh. I'd recommend TEIN more as it's better, have more enjoyable platinum and even has pretty similiar art style to BOI.

Edited by Spinosaurus Rex
  • Like 2

Salt and Sanctuary - Its a 2d Dark Souls with a Path of Exile like skill tree;

Hollow Knight - Its a Metroidvania game mixed with Dark Souls difficulty;

Dead Cells - Its a roguelight like Bind of Isaac where you have areas to explore and bosses to kill while unlocking items that can appear on future runs.

Edited by Montyzu
  • Like 1

I haven't played a lot of indie games but I'd recommend Black: The Fall & Inside. Both are short but fun puzzle/platform games, and fairly easy though you might need a guide to find some of the collectibles. If you want something longer or more of a challenge, definitely The Talos Principle. I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread too, I'm on the look out for some decent indie games to play in between some of the longer game I usually play. 

• Like 2

Oxenfree is a great option to consider. It has a really good replay value since the story can end in several different ways, and it’s mystery (who doesn’t love a good mystery game?). Another interesting and similar option is Night In The Woods. I played it not long ago. It has an interesting story and tons of funny moments. ? 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Firewatch was really good, I was pleasantly surprised by it. Noticed that there is some DLC now, so might go back to it soon

I think the DLC also added dev commentary which is probably interesting. I chose to play without though as it was my first time ?