Should Big Leagues be a flaggable trophy?

1 minute ago, freddie1989 said:

So people shouldn't play the game they spent their hard earned money on just in case a trophy pops through no fault of their own?!

If they complain about beeing flagged then they shouldn't play it. If they want to have the fun while knowing about the hackers, they should play on a second account. Flagged has the definiton of having a trophy on your account which has been unlocked by hacking. There is no way to skip that rule imo. It's like complaining that you can just drive on the right side of the street with your car only and not where ever you want.

If you want to have flagged people and let's call it bad luck flagged people - thats Ok for me.

If one exception to a trophy is made, more and more will likely follow for other hackable trophies that have become unobtainable. Yes it’s unfortunate that Treyarch never fixed the trophy but thats how it is. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, REAPER4536 said:

If they complain about beeing flagged then they shouldn't play it. If they want to have the fun while knowing about the hackers, they should play on a second account. Flagged has the definiton of having a trophy on your account which has been unlocked by hacking. There is no way to skip that rule imo. It's like complaining that you can just drive on the right side of the street with your car only and not where ever you want.

If you want to have flagged people and let's call it bad luck flagged people - thats Ok for me.

My issue is more the fact that people are getting punished for others actions. If servers close then they close, that's bad luck. It has happened to me plenty of times. This issue is a totally different one. Nobody is saying 'let people hack and destroy gaming full stop', they are questioning why they get the heat for it when they haven't done it.

I have seen people say they have earned the other 89 trophies on this through hard work and yet they have to hide it because some total fuckwit hacked the server. How is that their fault?!

PS we drive on the left here LOL

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Alihsan621 said:

In my opinion, if you do have all the other trophies, you do deserve this one too.

@Alihsan621 Just out of curiosity... I wonder about your opinion on games like The Last of Us, which has two online trophies for the platinum and will be taken offline in about a month, should people who play it after automatically be allowed to get those final two trophies and get the platinum if they earn everything else first?

Edited by B1rvine

15 minutes ago, Alihsan621 said:

You Made a valid point, I do agree with your Post, but not with this particular point. How is it my fault when the developers shut down the servers? 

Example: I'm 19 years old. Way back when I was 12, I realy wanted to have Blood on the Sand, but my mother didnt bought me the game because I was too young. Now the online servers are closed. Is it realy my fault that I didn't completed the online mode before the servers got shut down?

If you know about server shut down then its for sure your fault. You can say that you cannot help it ( hope translation was right) but as owner of your account or getting one account completely the responsibility for the trophies lie on your shoulders ( maybe a better word than your fault).

Edit:

My issue is more the fact that people are getting punished for others actions. If servers close then they close, that's bad luck. It has happened to me plenty of times. This issue is a totally different one. Nobody is saying 'let people hack and destroy gaming full stop', they are questioning why they get the heat for it when they haven't done it.

I have seen people say they have earned the other 89 trophies on this through hard work and yet they have to hide it because some total fuckwit hacked the server. How is that their fault?!

It's your fault by beeing responsible for your account. If you haven't seen a risk coming up then it was bad management or your fault even if you aren't the cause of the incedent. You aren't flagged for beeing a hacker - you are flagged for having hacked trophies ( you = people with hacked trophies).

Edited by REAPER4536

20 minutes ago, Alihsan621 said:

There's a glitch to get the Two Party game Mode trophies in splitscreen. Nobody knows why that is happening, and there could be the possibility that this will also unlock Big Leagues. Can you tell it? No. 

It doesn't work, because if it did, that would have been posted everywhere by now and no one would be flagged. If there is a legitimate way to do a trophy, it doesn't get flagged. The Report Team doesn't work with "maybe". They only flag if they are sure it's impossible.

15 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

Some people don't have endless amounts of time to play. Personally I have a huge backlog of games and it can take me 4 or 5 years to get to a game. I have a house and a family to look after as well.

So people shouldn't play the game they spent their hard earned money on just in case a trophy pops through no fault of their own?!

None of those are relevant. Everyone has a life and things to do. If you can't accept the fact you won't be able to get the platinum in every game you insert in your system, you have the wrong mentatility for trophy hunting. If you are buying games that long after release, I doubt you are spending a lot of hard earned money on them. You can still play the game on an alt account or just wipe the profile if you get something you shouldn't. You are overcomplicating an issue that doesn't need to be.

12 minutes ago, Alihsan621 said:

How is it my fault when the developers shut down the servers? 

It's not your fault specifically, but you have to understand that there are things in life way out of your control. It's not my fault that I was born after Ghandi died, but I have nothing to do other than accept I can't meet him in person anymore. I can't get the platinum for Motorstorm Pacific Rift because by the time I could get a copy of that, the game was already shut down. Some things in life are just way out of our control, nothing can be done about that.

4 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

they are questioning why they get the heat for it when they haven't done it.

• You are playing a game with broken online resources, either knowing or not doing previous research. It's your fault both ways.
  • You are playing a questionable game on your main account while caring for leaderboards that do not allow those questionable things.
  • You are not deleting the trophies that you did not rightfully achieve, despite knowing you got hacked.

I would say every heat you get is well deserved. If you don't want hacked trophies, simply don't play with hackers? No one is invading your account.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

@Alihsan621 Just out of curiosity... I wonder about your opinion on games like The Last of Us, which has two online trophies for the platinum and will be taken offline in about a month, should people who play it after automatically be allowed to get those final two trophies and get the platinum if they earn everything else first?

Hard to answer this without harming my own argument. 

This Information was spread out every where in the forums etc. 

Was the Rank Play shutdown announced? (not a rhetorical question, I realy don't know it)

46 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

None of those are relevant. Everyone has a life and things to do. If you can't accept the fact you won't be able to get the platinum in every game you insert in your system, you have the wrong mentatility for trophy hunting. If you are buying games that long after release, I doubt you are spending a lot of hard earned money on them. You can still play the game on an alt account or just wipe the profile if you get something you shouldn't. You are overcomplicating an issue that doesn't need to be.

I have no issue with not having the fucking trophy as I stated before, I haven't actually gone back to play the game! I just don't see why people get shafted for others mistakes.

36 minutes ago, Leenewbe said:

time to hack all my unachievable trophies, pls no ban, ;) 

it should stay as is, there was plenty of time to earn the trophies, you missed out, tough luck.

Isn't that the point though? Nobody is actually doing the hacking, they are enjoying a game and then said game is hacked. I am totally in agreement that people hacking should be punished.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Took out name calling.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

Isn't that the point though? Nobody is actually doing the hacking, they are enjoying a game and then said game is hacked. I am totally in agreement that people hacking should be punished.

its also an unachieveable trophy because that part of the game was shut down.

32 minutes ago, Alihsan621 said:

Was the Rank Play shutdown announced?

Pretty sure it wasn't announced, like several other games shutdowns weren't announced, like Ghostbusters. It was just really unfortunate.

31 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

I have no issue with not having the fucking trophy as I stated before, I haven't actually gone back to play the game! I just don't see why people get shafted for others mistakes.

You seem to be very upset with the fact I was replying to the points you were making. You bought the game in 2014 and the only trophy you have is from the MP. You could have done the trophy, but you didn't. You don't deserve to have it now, years later, even if you manage to get every other trophy. As I've pointed in a list above, syncing that trophy here on PSNP is also a mistake on the user himself, not exclusively of the hackers. There are rules on the leaderboards and no one should be eligible to break them. If this thread manages to have the rule changed, that's fine if people earn the trophy after. Until then, a big nope.

26 minutes ago, KennethMcCormick said:

I get you: I, too, would have loved to play Motorstorm Pacific Rift with Gandhi. :D

That's one wet dream right there.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Edited quote

Hard to answer this without harming my own argument.

That's sort of why I asked it. 

Whether it's announced isn't really relevant. I picked this one because its generally a well known game. But insert any game with an online trophy that's now no longer obtainable. Trophies shouldn't just be allowed to be placed on a profile because all the other trophies are earned, just because they're unobtainable. There's a reason they're called unobtainable. And we shouldn't make special cases for one game just because there's an illegal method "available."

It's not really punishment to be flagged [on one game for things not your fault]. One game won't remove your global rank.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

You seem to be very upset with the fact I was replying to the points you were making. You bought the game in 2014 and the only trophy you have is from the MP. You could have done the trophy, but you didn't. You don't deserve to have it now, years later, even if you manage to get every other trophy. As I've pointed in a list above, syncing that trophy here on PSNP is also a mistake on the user himself, not exclusively of the hackers. There are rules on the leaderboards and no one should be eligible to break them. If this thread manages to have the rule changed, that's fine if people earn the trophy after. Until then, a big nope.

I am not upset, just not a fan of you and your smug little responses. My younger brother actually played the game prior to having his own console so I have never actually played it. Lighten the fuck up!!

Just now, freddie1989 said:

I am not upset, just not a fan of you and your smug little responses. My younger brother actually played the game prior to having his own console so I have never actually played it. Lighten the fuck up!!

I'm not sending any smug responses, just replying to the points you were making. You should always feel free to block me if my existence upsets you so much and you do not wish to continue the conversation, I don't hold grudges, can't say you would be the first either.

Unfortunate that it wasn't you who played the game, but you could have avoided that by not saving the password on your shared console and/or focusing on the online trophies for that game once it was added on your account. I still believe hacking shouldn't be allowed just because some people missed the window of avaiability for this specific trophy. There are a lot of games I failed to do the online for, prior to their shutdown (Darksiders 2 and Free Realms being my biggest regrets), but I accept those failures as well as I possibly can.

7 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

I'm not sending any smug responses, just replying to the points you were making. You should always feel free to block me if my existence upsets you so much and you do not wish to continue the conversation, I don't hold grudges, can't say you would be the first either.

Unfortunate that it wasn't you who played the game, but you could have avoided that by not saving the password on your shared console and/or focusing on the online trophies for that game once it was added on your account. I still believe hacking shouldn't be allowed just because some people missed the window of avaiability for this specific trophy. There are a lot of games I failed to do the online for, prior to their shutdown (Darksiders 2 and Free Realms being my biggest regrets), but I accept those failures as well as I possibly can.

I never said he wasn't allowed to play it, he just didn't have his own console at the time.

I am all for stopping hacking of games and I have no regrets in regards to this one although it has happened to me on a few as well. I just feel that this one is not the fault of the individual and more the people doing it. You can actively and fairly pursue all other trophies and then get stung with this one. People may not know how to avoid it or remove it etc etc and then they are labelled as a cheat on here.  A lot of games have fair exploits, RDR being one if I remember rightly. Wasn't that one hacked but is perfectly ok to use??

I never said he wasn't allowed to play it, he just didn't have his own console at the time.

I am all for stopping hacking of games and I have no regrets in regards to this one although it has happened to me on a few as well. I just feel that this one is not the fault of the individual and more the people doing it. You can actively and fairly pursue all other trophies and then get stung with this one. People may not know how to avoid it or remove it etc etc and then they are labelled as a cheat on here.  A lot of games have fair exploits, RDR being one if I remember rightly. Wasn't that one hacked but is perfectly ok to use??

The thing with RDR is you can't prove if someone used a lobby with the modded XP or not since the trophy can still be obtained normally too. Big Leagues is outright unobtainable and only possible with a hacker popping it.

• Like 3

Just now, freddie1989 said:

I didn't say that he shouldn't, just pointed he could have played in another account other than your own if you cared about it, that's all.

Both of your other points, I've already cleared out in other posts, so I'm not gonna repeat on that. Also no one is labeled as a cheater, there is nothing saying YOU CHEATED for other people, just your rank gets removed. As previously mentioned, this wouldn't be an issue if the whitelisting system was in place, but there is still no ETA for that. Hiding the specific game will also have the rankings returned to the person, provided that's the only accident they have gone through. I personally don't feel like this a big problem, but I can understand if anyone points out my opinion is biased since it never happened to me.

3 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

The thing with RDR is you can't prove if someone used a lobby with the modded XP or not since the trophy can still be obtained normally too. Big Leagues is outright unobtainable and only possible with a hacker popping it.

Like I said though a lot of people wouldn't know the difference. Pretty much anyone doing RDR now would be using the hack as it would take forever otherwise.

Edited by freddie1989

Like I said though a lot of people wouldn't know the difference. Pretty much anyone doing RDR now would be using the hack as it would take forever otherwise.

I personally feel that's ok, since it's avaiable for everyone. Same case for Wolfenstein 2009. It's not cheating if it's avaiable to everyone. Same goes for the HK version of that game with debug (corpse party?) and/or the Jak games. It's not cheating if it's avaiable to everyone, imo.

2 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

I personally feel that's ok, since it's avaiable for everyone. Same case for Wolfenstein 2009. It's not cheating if it's avaiable to everyone. Same goes for the HK version of that game with debug (corpse party?) and/or the Jak games. It's not cheating if it's avaiable to everyone, imo.

The big leagues hack is there for everyone to use if they choose to as well though.....