What's the hardest DLC in the game?

Schmitt_Wylde

Hey guys!
I began my "road to 100%" this game a few weeks ago, because of the delisting and stuff, and was wondering what is, in your opinion, the hardest DLC or Event in the game?

So far, from the ones I've finished, I had most problems with the AMG. That time trial in the rain was pretty difficult to complete with 3 stars...

What about you?

I´d say the later ones.

Just because there more combined stars iirc.

Mostly clean sector/lap + time faster than X

It´s so easy to loose a clean sector just by getting hit from behind in the game.

EDIT:

In some events during the night I had a hard time seeing the track if it´s snowing or raining.

They went overboard with the effects imo

Edited by JayDeLosDioses
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I remember that the AMG event was more annoying than most (something about a quick lap + clean lap requirement), but still, no where near as bad as Elements Venom Hot Lap 2..

I'll have to try that one next. I'm trying to get rid of all the harder events first, so the rest of the game is "smoother"

And yes, those events that needs combined requirements are pretty difficult too! The one in AMG had this and was the reason it took me so long to get 3 stars. 

• Like 1

I don't remember what the other hard/annoying ones were, but were 1-2 time trials with electric cars (maybe it's just me, but not having a gear to keep in mind of the speed for turns as well as to use as "braking point", makes those hard for me, I actually used break assist on the lowest setting on those because of that), other than those, 1 night race was particularly annoying (really fast car, total darkness and heavy snow). 

But I don't remember the names of those.. 

Edit: The Venom Hot Lap 2 is from the "Elements" DLC

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 1

So... It's my lunch break now and I had to try this!
I can now understand why you consider Venom Hot Lap 2 the most difficult one.

HOLY DAMN...
A lot of tight turns with a slippery road... pretty hard to control the car on track... But I finallt got 3 stars on that one!
I have it recorded so if anyone is interested on how I did it, let me know and I'll upload it to youtube!

I can now agree that this, so far, is the hardest event in the game! (for me, of course)

Edited by Schmitt_Wylde

1- AMG

2- Elements

3- Torque (i hate "Atomic Theory")

Maybe i consider AMG DLC being the most difficult because i started with that one...of course i had some trouble with Venom Hot Lap 2, but i loved that challenge.

The last race of the Elements Pack is BS but didn't took me too many tries.

The other DLCs were pretty easy imo.

Edited by fabiansc83
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Schmitt_Wylde said:

You mean the championship? 

What's BS about that?

this race...wasn't that difficult but it was annoying. Normaly I drive from the cockpit perspective and it was nerve-racking to drive almost completely blind.

Spoiler

Edited by fabiansc83
  • Like 1

Venom hot lap 2 from elements.... oh boy, here comes the ptsd. ? 

AMG was easy but then again, hot lap 2 will make you a pro at this game and everything else will become almost easy.  Still have to do no limits and finish line but I'm waiting for DC Bikes to go on sale or wait till August 30th (before delisting) to buy it.

• Like 1

To agree with most who've already posted, Elements and AMG are the hardest, but that is only due to a few specific races or trials, not the whole package. By the time you hit AMG assuming you've left it for last it should be pretty simple anyway.

I've had the best time with this game, just have to do some more drift events with a car type and I've got my final trophy with the level 6 accolades!

• Like 3

Just a little update here guys...

I finished the SAKURA and DOWNFORCE DLC and, believe it or not, it felt a bit harder that previusly DLC I've completed.
Don't get me wrong... AMG and Elements are still pretty hard... But I think the difficulty is because of the track itself (maybe it's wet... it's too dark... too much snow or rain...)
The other drivers are pretty much okay. Their AI are not very agressive and, so far, I've managed to win every race with a very confortable gap

Sakura and Downforce, on the other hand... Oh My... 
I don't know if it was the car or whatever... But I really struggled with the races. I always try to win the race, regardless of the mission asking me to be top 3 or whatever... and in these events that was really hard.

Time trials and drift events are pretty """""easy"""""... I mean... not much trouble there... but when there are other drivers in the race, it's a bit difficult, compared to what I've played so far!

I haven't even started Elements yet and already know that it's going to be the hardest one.

Venom Hot Lap is just stupid difficult mostly because of how uncontrollable the car is and how tight the lap times are.
Just knowing there is another one of these? Yeah. Elements is going to be obnoxious to do.

AMG was pretty rough. I just got it done and I'm about to start Elements (was just going down the DLC list). Don't look forward to that one at all.

@Schmitt_Wylde
To be honest, I can see why you would say Sakura is hard. I would argue that for some people, it may be harder based on how well you can play the game. DriveClub does not play like other racing games like Forza or Gran Turismo. DriveClub in itself is a weird game and doesn't feel... quite right. When playing with heavier cars or cars with really bad handling, it can be extremely challenging which is why Venom Hot Lap is such a pain.

Sakura, on the other hand, is a much different beast because you're dealing with cars that have ok handling on longer and tighter maps. There are maps where a lap is like... 1:30 to 2:00 minutes long where previously, you were probably dealing with 0:30 to 0:45 minute laps. Messing up in Sakura and having to restart means that you have to spend a lot more time on a round than you would in the base game or other DLC. On top of that, many of the maps involve extremely tight drifts and cornering using a car that has pretty terrible handling which makes drifting with them hard in the first place. There are few instances in other DLC where you're going to be doing back to back to back cornering on a mountain and city. You'll be eating a ton of collision and corner penalties in the process which would mean that you'd definitely run into more trouble than usual.

• Like 1