Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

5 minutes ago, Grotz99 said:

I also really liked the Majima mini game, gave a kind of tower defense feel. How long until you play 3?

Yep, it actually worked+ it forced me to think the troops!

Now for Yakuza 3...I will take a well deserved break. Not sure when I will return to it, but man...I was SPENT after Kiwami 2. So I need some time to pass before I get thrown again in the land of nasty punches and Mahjong.

Honestly it's the completion list that wears me off xD it's so brutal sometimes...and I heard that the pool minigame in Y3 is infernal.

8 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Yep, it actually worked+ it forced me to think the troops!

Now for Yakuza 3...I will take a well deserved break. Not sure when I will return to it, but man...I was SPENT after Kiwami 2. So I need some time to pass before I get thrown again in the land of nasty punches and Mahjong.

Honestly it's the completion list that wears me off xD it's so brutal sometimes...and I heard that the pool minigame in Y3 is infernal.

Yeah grinding out the mini games takes a toll, I usually try to work through those as I play through the games, but I usually end up finishing short of having those all done for the trophies. I'm slowly working through them though when I need a break from other games. Pool is a bit infuriating, but I think they made it more manageable in the remaster as I was coping with it. Not sure though since I haven't played it on PS3.

Edited by Grotz99

1 minute ago, Grotz99 said:

Yeah grinding out the mini games takes a toll, I usually try to work through those as I play through the games, but I usually end up finishing short of having those all done for the trophies. I'm slowly working through them though when I need a break from other games. Pool is a bit infuriating, but I think they made it more manageable in the remaster as I was coping with it. Not sure though since I haven't played it on PS3.

Ah, right, all the complaints were about PS3. I have all of them on PS4 and I am not intending to return to PS3 for them :D so that's good news then!

:platinum: No. 144: Blazblue Continuum Shift

+ 💯   completed

220px-BlazBlue_Continuum_Shift.jpg

Platinum Name: All Others Are #2 or Lower 1S2af031.png

Hardest Trophy: Superior State of Mind 12S5143ea.png complete 100 trials

Difficulty: 6.5/10

Personal impression: 7.8/10

Completed another Blazblue game, since they are the closest thing to Guilty Gear for me. I don't have much of a consistent "review" about this game, so I will just do the good ol' paragraphs xD call me lazy but my fingers hurt.

Story - Pretty decent, didn't pay attention to it at all. Instead I focused on getting the bad endings which triggered "Help me Professor Kokonoe" gag reels, where a Kokonoe gremlin tells you what you did wrong in a very funny way. Also gremlin Kokonoe looks the part.

GpzrV2v.jpg

Gag reels were also fun, especially the Love Glasses part.

Soundtrack - sick as always. ArcSys will always deliver. Just search for Ragna, Valkenheim, Jin's OST

Score Attack - ah, the most beloved ArcSys mode, where you have to beat all the cast in 1 life, oh and the cast is also at Hell difficulty. Marvellous. Luckily you can save yourself with a second controller here (thank the Lord), however this mode also showed me how absolutely BUSTED Iron Tager is. What I did was this: slap the enemy quickly, grapple the enemy for 1/3 of his life, electrify him with THE FINGER then grapple again. Tager is love, Tager is life, he shall be forever praised. Thanks to him, this scary mode was nothing more than a joke xD 

46E211643DCB4844E64D049E7096B54177DF85C4

Challenges&Trials - oh baby this is the real deal, the stuff that makes me want to platinum them all, the GODDAMN TRIALS! They are...tough, not going to lie. VesperArcade did rate them just below KoF13 and for good reason. Thankfully, just like in KoF, you aren't required to do them all (it would have been a sub 1% if you had to do them all), only 100 out of the 150 available (180 with DLC).

So...they were nasty, they required precision, but they were in the end super fun. Did all 10 trials for Tager (hail to him), then just messed around with the other characters. Hardest character to use is of course Carl, since you have to control both him AND his puppet sister with only 1 controller. I also had to do 7 trials for Makoto, Valkenheim and Platinum as DLC trophies, but luckily they are super easy compared to the madness in the main game.

A good part of the game is that if you change the game's version (latest patch is 1.03, you can set to previous versions via Game Options) you get a completely different set of trials. So if a trial is too difficult in v1.03, it might be easier in v1.02. I sure did abuse that option not gonna lie xD .

Conclusion - A fun game if you are into Blazblue and a decent challenge if you are into fighting games. If you aren't into either of those however, I recommend skipping this game and go for Centralfiction instead.

THE GOOD:

- ArcSys fighting game - can't go wrong with quality

- Sick Soundtrack

- Tager

- good if you are looking for a nice challenge

THE BAD:

- quite old

- not as refined as the later iterations

- grinding for online is awful and you NEED a turbo controller there

- Carl should not be in this game

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 4

Nice write up man - 

As not much of a fighting game guy (some light fannying about in Street Fighter and getting my ass kicked is about my speed!) I feel like I'm genuinely learning the finer points of fighting game appreciation just from this thread alone! ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Nice write up man - 

As not much of a fighting game guy (some light fannying about in Street Fighter and getting my ass kicked is about my speed!) I feel like I'm genuinely learning the finer points of fighting game appreciation just from this thread alone! 1f44d.png

Thanks for the appreciation :D yeah fighting games ended up being my second favourite genre out there (after pure action games) so I try to post some decent information here about this often avoided part of gaming. 

Either that or just random rambling xD depends on my many moods. Luckily this game here put me in a good mood. 

• Like 3

Just now, yuber1234 said:

That Monkey Hero DLC is making me reconsider the game for a future palate cleanser. You make it sound pretty epic.

Might have just gotten overhype because I didn't expect it xD but considering that I was fighting little gremlins with benches in the main game and then it gave me flight powers and the mega staff and lots of flash flying combat in the DLC...it got epic pretty fast

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

This fighting stuff reminds me. Should I start tackling Art of Fighting Anthology?

To be 100 % honest.... No. You have seen how cheap it is. Not sure if you would enjoy that kind of thing where the AI cheats so blatantly. I can't really recommend the anthology to anyone truth be told ?unless you are really passionate about old arcade fighting games. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Copanele said:

To be 100 % honest.... No. You have seen how cheap it is. Not sure if you would enjoy that kind of thing where the AI cheats so blatantly. I can't really recommend the anthology to anyone truth be told 1f602.pngunless you are really passionate about old arcade fighting games. 

I was the one who pushed you towards that collection. Remember back in January - February this year?

Unfortunately I already bought the collection dirt cheap. If I was able to get thru punishment from Surgeon Simulator and Capcom Arcade Cabinet, I can definitely get thru Art of Fighting Anthology.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I was the one who pushed you towards that collection. Remember back in January - February this year?

Unfortunately I already bought the collection dirt cheap. If I was able to get thru punishment from Surgeon Simulator and Capcom Arcade Cabinet, I can definitely get thru Art of Fighting Anthology.

Oh I know that you recommended it to me, you were the cause of my suffering xD and I FUCKING LOVED IT! great game! BUT!

12 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

This fighting stuff reminds me. Should I start tackling Art of Fighting Anthology?

Again tagging. There's a high chance you will NOT have a good time with it, that's why I answered "no" in my previous post. It's cheap as fk in ways that can make you tear your hair out. I am not saying you can't do it, hell YOU can do it no worries I could bet on it. Just thinking of your mental sanity here ? 

Although to be completely honest I personally WANT you to try it just to see those juicy status updates :> I would be here to support you either way :D 

• Like 2

So question, since I am equally undecided for both games. What should I go for 150th platinum?

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 or Persona 4 Arena?

For UMVC3 I have the trials left to do. Easier, but not really digging the game.

For P4Arena I have Trials and Score attack. Harder, but I like the game more.

I might resort to a coin flip in the end xD 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

So question, since I am equally undecided for both games. What should I go for 150th platinum?

For UMVC3 I have the trials left to do. Easier, but not really digging the game.

For P4Arena I have Trials and Score attack. Harder, but I like the game more.

I might resort to a coin flip in the end xD 

If you've made roughly equal progress with both, I'd say go with whichever game you actually like better, which sounds like it would be P4A.

Edited by yuber1234
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Copanele said:

There's a high chance you will NOT have a good time with it, that's why I answered "no" in my previous post. It's cheap as fk in ways that can make you tear your hair out. I am not saying you can't do it, hell YOU can do it no worries I could bet on it. Just thinking of your mental sanity here 1f602.png 

Probably won't be playing Art of Fighting myself, but after @Copanele introduced me to the physics of the series I have a new found respect for it.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Copanele said:

Personally, I will probably never touch anything Persona-related ever again, but in your case I think P4A is the better choice... Go for it! :)  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Probably won't be playing Art of Fighting myself, but after @Copanele introduced me to the physics of the series I have a new found respect for it.

Back in my day a fireball actually blew clothes away ?

13 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Personally, I will probably never touch anything Persona-related ever again, but in your case I think P4A is the better choice... Go for it! :)  

I ain't gonna touch a main persona game either xD but idk it's satisfying to beat up Yu Narukami with a chair. I think I will go for a double down and do both games next. 

Will definitely have to recover with some good stuff afterwards... Really itching to finally try the fist build in Nioh 2. 

• Like 2

Congrats again!

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

The game looks deceptively simple at first. You go through a tutorial of sorts where the announcer (an old wise Kung Fu man) will slowly guide you through the mechanics of the game and the type of enemies. Some enemies are ranged users. Some require more hits to kill. Some swap places after hitting them. And some are so nasty that you enter into a special minigame with them. You have 10 lives per level and you must absolutely follow this rule no matter what: DO NOT MASH.

Alright, well there's a game I'd struggle with xD 

• Like 3